Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-09-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Question setting up trans shift

I've pulled out the gear selector and its linkage then gone to put it back in and the gear selection setup has been thrown out a bit,i've played around with it but can't get the right configuration setup,whats the trick to get them to work in tandem as before??,thanks for any info.
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: setting up trans shift

There is hole in the linkage that lines up with a round impression (boss) on the side of the transmission case. Loosen clamp nut on slotted linkage rod, put gear stick in "D", use a 6mm drill bit to align linkage with boss on case, ensure gear stick in held in 'D' position slightly towards "N" (i.e take up slack in 'D" position on "N" side) while tightening the clamp bolt.

This might also be of interest if you haven't already seen it: http://www.pertheseries.com/other_fi...(EAII-EF1).pdf
Old 28-09-2017, 07:19 AM   #3
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Unhappy Re: setting up trans shift

Ok ive got a real stuff up now,when undoing the nut somehow i managed to pop the shaft that the bolt screws onto and it was as if it was'nt selecting any gears(just spins round and round) so i popped it back into place and i can select through the gears again using a crescent on the shaft.Now when i put it into park it won't start,i have clicked through all the gears and tried starting it but it doesn't start on any of the gears selected,help is reeaally appreciated.
Old 28-09-2017, 08:15 AM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

What shaft; the one that goes through the gear position/inhibitor/ neutral start safety switch? In any event, you may have broken the inhibitor switch (this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ford-falc...YAAOSwHjNV~21d) if you have forecefully rotated the shaft beyond it's limits.
Old 28-09-2017, 08:21 AM   #5
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

yeah the shaft that the nut and linkage plate screws onto that selects through the gears,i have it selecting gears again but doesn't recognise that it is in park to let it start,thanks for your replies so far,gives me hope Lol.
Old 28-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #6
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Yes; sounds like the switch is broken.
Old 28-09-2017, 09:43 AM   #7
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Ive got a spare trans in a car in the backyard,would i just put that into park and remove the switch,then put the broken car into park(using a crescent) and remove the broken switch with the good one so they are in sync?