Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #31
bullfrog

Default Re: Will we ever beat cancer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
And as we expose our bodies to more and more unnatural elements and chemicals, it's inevitable we will develop more cancers.
I agree, it's all this wonderful technology that's causing the problem. There are so many chemicals around us in everyday life, in our food (preservatives etc), in the air (air fresheners), in products (plastics), our bodies can't fight the bombardment.
Old 20-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #32
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog
I agree, it's all this wonderful technology that's causing the problem. There are so many chemicals around us in everyday life, in our food (preservatives etc), in the air (air fresheners), in products (plastics), our bodies can't fight the bombardment.
Strongly agree.
Makes me wonder about women and make up, purfumes ect...
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog
The reason there was not as much cancer 1000 years ago was we were nearly all dead by the time we were 40 and 1000 years before that 30 was really old.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #34
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If we give up beating cancer, then we'll never beat it...
Like everything, the things that are most worth achieving are the things that take hard work, dedication and extreme patience.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #35
basteve
real aussies drive aussie

theres to many kinds that apparently makes it difficult...i somehow believe theres to much money to be collected without a cure being found.
basteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #36
scorpio39

Many cancers are genetic related.
Animals suffer from cancers but so do whales and fish.
There are no preservatives, air freshners and very little plastic in the oceans !!!!!
scorpio39 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #37
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio39
There are no preservatives, air freshners and very little plastic in the oceans !!!!!
I'm not sure if your joking but there is plenty of crap in the ocean. I also agree with others that the environment (natural and man made) we live in is one of the main causes of cancer.

I'm hopeful that one day it will be consigned to history but I think it will be a lot harder than we think.

I lost my mum and grandad to it 3 years ago (RIP). Mum had bone cancer and Grandad had lung cancer. It's a horrible process to watch.

The best advice I live by now is "live each day the best you can, while you can."
Old 07-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #38
Flogginit

I am of the opinion after a fair amount of research that there has already been a cure manufactured by the drug companies however as stated previously the global elites and government wont let it happen. If a cure is found the worlds population will expand exponentially. The global elite have already devised several ways to cull the world population via man made diseases. The New world order states that to sustain the global economy and future of the earth the world population will be culled to no more than 500 Million people. In short no there will never be a cure for cancer.
Flogginit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #39
nstg8a

im gonna go against the grain, and say no, i dont think we ever will. quite the opposite in fact, i think cancer will beat us.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #40
Dr Jekkyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogginit
I am of the opinion after a fair amount of research that there has already been a cure manufactured by the drug companies however as stated previously the global elites and government wont let it happen. If a cure is found the worlds population will expand exponentially. The global elite have already devised several ways to cull the world population via man made diseases. The New world order states that to sustain the global economy and future of the earth the world population will be culled to no more than 500 Million people. In short no there will never be a cure for cancer.
Uh huh.

Well then I guess I have been wasting years of my life and should just end it now. Thats my contribution to a sustainable population. One of the 'elite' doing it for the elite!

Alternatively it could be recognised that the term 'cancer' encompasses many different diseases which vary considerably in their molecular pathology both between disease entities but also between individuals with the same disease. Some of these have been nutted out and we have effective therapies for them. Some we do not but we are working hard.
Dr Jekkyl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #41
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Alot of this thread is saying Cancer won't be beaten for what ever reason.

So could someone please explain to me, how some forms of cancer are already beaten. ie Prostate for one.

Love to hear responses.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #42
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Alot of this thread is saying Cancer won't be beaten for what ever reason.

So could someone please explain to me, how some forms of cancer are already beaten. ie Prostate for one.

Love to hear responses.
people still die from prostate cancer, so how is it beaten?
3 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #43
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcman0o7
What do you think?
I bloody hope we do soon im hearing of to many victims :(
Some close to it , others not so good but overall muchly reduced and the survival is improving all the time
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #44
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
people still die from prostate cancer, so how is it beaten?

When it's diagnoised in its early stages. Treatment can be commenced and the cancer can be beaten.

An ex-workmate was diagnoised with prostate cancer 18 months ago. Had an operation, removed his prostate and he has been given the green light, saying it's all gone.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 08-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #45
nstg8a

imo, its not beaten if its 'can' be cured, or if parts of your body has to be removed to get rid of it.

if you break your leg, and the doctors amputate it, they havent cured the break, they just cut it off. same same imo.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #46
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Watch "forks over knives" it will blow you mind. My family is now mostly vegetarian with vegan leanings. My blood pressure has dropped from 180+ / 120+ to 125/80 and I have lost 13kg without really trying. Brain works better, more energy feeling very good.
I had formed the opinion before seeing forks over knives that cancer is a diet related disease, in western populations we have cancer rates of around 10,000 per 100,000 but in countries where they use a plant based diet (very little meat and dairy) the rate gets as low as 6 people per 100,000. I am trying to spread the word without coming off as preachy. I think I will build a website or something......

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #47
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
imo, its not beaten if its 'can' be cured, or if parts of your body has to be removed to get rid of it.

if you break your leg, and the doctors amputate it, they havent cured the break, they just cut it off. same same imo.

That's the way it is cured/beaten with some forms. Another 2 forms I can think of, which require this "treatment" is breast and skin.

I'd prefer to have body parts removed to get rid of Cancer if it means the disease is gone, rather than have it continue to spread.

Sometimes docs do need to remove legs when they're broken because they are beyond repair, just like some forms of cancer.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #48
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOTAXI
Watch "forks over knives" it will blow you mind. My family is now mostly vegetarian with vegan leanings. My blood pressure has dropped from 180+ / 120+ to 125/80 and I have lost 13kg without really trying. Brain works better, more energy feeling very good.
I had formed the opinion before seeing forks over knives that cancer is a diet related disease, in western populations we have cancer rates of around 10,000 per 100,000 but in countries where they use a plant based diet (very little meat and dairy) the rate gets as low as 6 people per 100,000. I am trying to spread the word without coming off as preachy. I think I will build a website or something......
but in a western world you have more chance of being diagnosed. in a third world country whats the chance that they find it? and how many would die from cancer but not know it.

much like my nanna telling me in the 50's there was a very low cancer rate. i think they didint know what to look for
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #49
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogginit
.. Love it. This is probably the same group of people that are involved in the 'Cars can run on Water' conspiracy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
When it's diagnoised in its early stages. Treatment can be commenced and the cancer can be beaten.

An ex-workmate was diagnoised with prostate cancer 18 months ago. Had an operation, removed his prostate and he has been given the green light, saying it's all gone.
Watch this space in a couple of months time and I'll give you a first hand report how much fun it is
Old 08-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #50
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
. Watch this space in a couple of months time and I'll give you a first hand report how much fun it is

If you believe what another member posted, forget the reporting because it won't cure it.

Really don't need the reporting. I see the ex-workmate on a regular basis and am fully aware of the fun involved.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #51
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No, I don't believe so.

It's not in the best interests of government, medical industry of drug companies. It's sad that it's like that, but money seems to rule too much.
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 01:22 AM   #52
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I think we'll always be playing catch up.

Genes mutate, and the disease changes. Just when we think we have something beaten, it'll pop up again in the next generation, with a slight differentiation, and so the process will begin again.

Just lost a family member to bowel cancer and Mesothelioma a few hours ago. His wife died of bowel cancer 15 years ago.
He got tested every year, but they missed it.
By the time he had symptoms it was too late.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #53
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Condolences on your loss. R.I.P.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #54
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax
No, I don't believe so.

It's not in the best interests of government, medical industry of drug companies. It's sad that it's like that, but money seems to rule too much.
Not quite sure where you're coming from here. Cancer will always be with us.
The longer people live the more will contract it.

Looking after Cancer patients costs governments big money.

Drug company are not here to help the Human race, there sole purpose is to make money (which they do VERY well). If they found a cure they would also make money.
Old 29-07-2019, 06:24 PM   #55
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

I hope so. My father told me last Wednesday he has cancer.........................

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #56
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
No, I don't believe so.

I agree, when one starts looking into such things the more you find that and then it gets worse and worst the more you look into it all. that I was shocked.

A mate had Cancer and would of been dead long ago if he let the doctors have their way, but he was talking to a Russian doctor down the pub and said what to do and it's not a cure, but the cancer shrank and was keep at bay by drinking x amount of, I am no sure some sort of baking soda ? he would of been dead 10 years ago, he is RS now tho.

Their is so many drugs out their that are natural but they have to make synthetic forms of such to make patent so they can make big money on it all.

I believe that as the years go by their is more and more things made or in what we are eating and drinking now that will create even more cancer. Australian is way behind most of the world on many banned products and we have so much rubbish like 3 rate cheap nasty fluoride in our water, you can have natural fluoride nothing wrong with that for kids but it's totally worthless for adults, why the hell ! how could they get that so wrong ?

There are a lot more things that can be pointed out that is a disgrace that many doctors are to scared to point out and them that do are not listened to my the media, yes I was in a political party and I have talked to them going on about all such things at meetings.

Last edited by GasoLane; 30-07-2019 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Seriously? Godwins law already?
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2019, 12:59 PM   #57
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
I hope so. My father told me last Wednesday he has cancer.........................
Very sorry to hear your news, Syndrome. I can only hope the very best for your father.

After seeing my father battle cancer for 4 years, it is not something I would wish upon my worst enemy.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2019, 01:26 PM   #58
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While we have this,won,t happen to me attitude,I don,t think we will ever completely cure cancer deaths.my father would have been 100 this weekend if he hadn,t died of emphysema 37 years ago, but I try to point out to people that smoking could kill,to be told, well Ive got to die of something.A lot of responses are,if I get that bad I,ll kill myself.I try to tell them that they won,t be able to do that whilst they are lying in a bed gasping for breath.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #59
78xcgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like oil companies keep trying to stop electric cars. IMO the cure the cancer is delayed and held back by big business. There is big money in cancer. Greed is out of control and doesn't help when the government of this country is run and controlled by big business.
78xcgxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #60
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We seem to start getting on top of one kind of cancer then another jumps up to take its place.
It's a hard slog in more ways than one.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post