Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #1501
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

yep!......I'm the biggest kid out there......halloween, xmas, easter.......call it what you like, as long as the kid's still have a little "magic" in their life.

plenty of time for the "serious stuff" later.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #1502
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
Yes, I fully agree with you about kids going out alone without adult supervision - that is totally wrong and leaves the kids vulnerable. Shouldn't be allowed these days with all the "sick" ****s that are out there.

Cheers!
Agree with you regarding supervision, A good parent cares.
However statistics have shown an actual reduction in violent and sexual crime over the last half century and reporting of crime to police is up.
There is also a parallel trend of a greater journalistic reporting across multiple media of committed crimes.
My suggestion is its safer today but we feel less safe due to the proliferation of the news. The true terrorists today are our media...

and GEEZ I hate that more than not being able to lick my elbow

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #1503
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drivers who enter a freeway from an on-ramp that becomes an added left lane and they still have the need to move into the right lanes.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:23 PM   #1504
Juan Loco

Quote:
I must disagree with you Juan.

Whilst I disagree with the "Americanism" of Halloween, I still buy lollies for kids that may come knocking at my door. The kids are not alone, there's always an adult on the footpath walking along with the kids. I give the adult a wave to acknowledge them and go inside to get the lollies for the kids.
So its ok for paedos to gawp at children at the beach as long as their parents are nearby?
It's not just the problem that the seedy paedos get their jollies at halloween having kids delivered to their door.

Firstly, you have you almost immediate problem that the following day those same paedos jump in the cars and start trolling the neighbour. He's nolonger the creepy stranger mummy told you to avoid, he's the nice man with lollies whose house mummy took you to. So when he says "hey I have bags of lollies left over from halloween if you come back to my house I will give you some to take home," obviously the kid thinks that's ok.

Worse still, that one incident of actual doing, ie it's ok to go to strangers houses for lollies, erases 100 hypothetical lessons about stranger danger.

Notwithstanding that the thought of stupid parents walking their kids to a paedo's door so he can drool over them and have a masturbatory fantasy as soon as he close the door, make me absolutely sick to my stomach.
It's not what happens when parents are watching that is the problem. It's what happens in those momenst when their back is turned, or the kids are largely unsupervised.

Paedos are filth. I say without exaggeration that capital punishment is too good for them. Unfortunately, as often the case, a minuscule majority ruins what should be an innocent bit of fun.

Smurf,
You obviously adore your grandkids,
so just imagine what a paedo could do to those you love in just a few seconds.
Believe me, it doesn't just scar you for life, it destroys your life. Everything you expereince from that point on is filtered through those scars and you finish up twisted, bitter, and full of anger.
Juan Loco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-11-2014, 11:41 PM   #1505
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate, obviously something has happened in your life to give you such a twisted outlook toward people.

if I could give you some advice it would be to seek help......

dont play it out in a public forum....does no-one any good.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
4 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2014, 11:54 PM   #1506
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Loco View Post
So its ok for paedos to gawp at children at the beach as long as their parents are nearby?
It's not just the problem that the seedy paedos get their jollies at halloween having kids delivered to their door.

Firstly, you have you almost immediate problem that the following day those same paedos jump in the cars and start trolling the neighbour. He's nolonger the creepy stranger mummy told you to avoid, he's the nice man with lollies whose house mummy took you to. So when he says "hey I have bags of lollies left over from halloween if you come back to my house I will give you some to take home," obviously the kid thinks that's ok.

Worse still, that one incident of actual doing, ie it's ok to go to strangers houses for lollies, erases 100 hypothetical lessons about stranger danger.

Notwithstanding that the thought of stupid parents walking their kids to a paedo's door so he can drool over them and have a masturbatory fantasy as soon as he close the door, make me absolutely sick to my stomach.
It's not what happens when parents are watching that is the problem. It's what happens in those momenst when their back is turned, or the kids are largely unsupervised.

Paedos are filth. I say without exaggeration that capital punishment is too good for them. Unfortunately, as often the case, a minuscule majority ruins what should be an innocent bit of fun.

Smurf,
You obviously adore your grandkids,
so just imagine what a paedo could do to those you love in just a few seconds.
Believe me, it doesn't just scar you for life, it destroys your life. Everything you expereince from that point on is filtered through those scars and you finish up twisted, bitter, and full of anger.
I'd have to agree with Poppa here.

In fact I'd say it was a CRAZY post .
Old 08-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #1507
Juan Loco

NOT related to anything in this thread;
But I hate it when people that too stupid to understand something are also too pig-ignorant to consider that they may be wrong and so keep repeating their same stupid arguments over and over again.

I wonder if these people would ask to be kept awake during brain surgery so they can argue with their neurosurgeon and tell him he's doing it wrong.

I don't really understand Einstein's General Theory of Relativity, but that doesn't mean that I go round telling physicists that they're wrong.

I also hate it when these same people can't distinguish between arguments based on opinion and those based on fact. "Car A is 'better' than Car B" is an OPINION. "Car A is faster over 400m than Car B" is a question of FACT.

Last edited by Juan Loco; 08-11-2014 at 06:08 AM.
Juan Loco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #1508
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

assembling quilting frame's......bought Mrs Smurf a king size quilter with a long arm machine, what a stupid idea!!.......there goes my weekend!

Old 08-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #1509
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Poppa Smurf has too much time (and Money) on his hands

Have you bought Mrs Smurf an AccuQuilt yet ?
Old 08-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #1510
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahh yes but its one weekend to asseble it, then...WAAHOOOO all weekends free she will be so busy and all the rellies want one too.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #1511
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Cutting off the tip of ones left index finger...the weekend before a planned engine removal.
Then the fact that its a tight engine bay, and left handed. Already opened it up once and I was nowhere near a car.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2014, 04:52 PM   #1512
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At least the shorter finger will work better in the tight engine bay!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #1513
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs View Post
At least the shorter finger will work better in the tight engine bay!
True.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:50 PM   #1514
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Poppa Smurf has too much time (and Money) on his hands

Have you bought Mrs Smurf an AccuQuilt yet ?

this is a large german thing, das ist good yah!.....bit of a drama getting the computer software onboard and operational......but it is mostly done now.

Mr's Smurf happy, Poppa Smurf happy (makes up a bit for killing her contacts)

Old 08-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #1515
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=poppa smurf;5254676]

Mr's Smurf happy, Poppa Smurf happy /QUOTE]

by end of nite might be even happier
Old 08-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #1516
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Tonz;5254690]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post

Mr's Smurf happy, Poppa Smurf happy /QUOTE]

by end of nite might be even happier

oh jeez!..fair go..... I'm about to have me tucker!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2014, 01:04 AM   #1517
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
assembling quilting frame's......bought Mrs Smurf a king size quilter with a long arm machine, what a stupid idea!!.......there goes my weekend!
On the bright side poppa - your Mrs can sew, I'm 48 and none of the girls I know my age can sew, knit or for heavens sake cook. I take my trousers to my 60yo sister to get taken up. I have managed in my bachelor years to sew a button, iron and cook - not expertly by any means!

Maybe I'm being a bit sexist but us blokes are expected to know how to fix cars, mowers, broken cupboard hinges and plumbing.

Hang on to Mrs Smurf - sounds like a good catch to me.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #1518
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
On the bright side poppa - your Mrs can sew,
Um, just because she's handy with a needle it doesn't mean she will put it to good use for us blokes.

The Dragon Lady here is also into Quilting and has all the associated expensive sewing stuff that goes with it.

But it took me 2 months to get her to repair a pocket on one of my work shirts!!
Old 09-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #1519
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just go and buy new trousers or shirts, if it needs repairing it goes on the "to do one day pile"......never gets done........mount patchmore is growing weekly.

as for hanging on to her, she won't let me go, too frightened I might start enjoying myself and she would miss out.......cant have that now can we.

Nanna Smurf is into, sewing, embroidery, quilting and any other large ticket item that is out there that could possibly need a home and money spent on it.

never mind we have an addition to the Smurf family, another grandchild, our 4th.

a little girl, Jordan Alicia ( think that's how you spell it?)......6 lb 2oz.......everybody well......absolutely adorable of course...so 3 granddaughters and a grandson......go on ask me how chuffed I am.........I dare ya!.

4 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #1520
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
yep!......I'm the biggest kid out there......halloween, xmas, easter.......call it what you like, as long as the kid's still have a little "magic" in their life.

plenty of time for the "serious stuff" later.
I used to get annoyed about the halloween stuff and told everyone to GTFO in the years past, last year I bought a horse mask and was scaring the crap out of everyone when they came up and then giving them lollies, why not.

Pic of mask, lol.

This year unfortunately I wasn't home for halloween, but I'm planning on doing it again next year.

Plus it gives me an excuse to buy massive amounts of lollies and the left overs I get to eat

Plenty of young families in my estate and its a good opportunity for everyone to have a bit of fun for once.

I even saw kids playing cricket on the street when I came home on Friday arvo

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 09-11-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #1521
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I used to get annoyed about the halloween stuff and told everyone to GTFO in the years past, last year I bought a horse mask and was scaring the crap out of everyone when they came up and then giving them lollies, why not.

Pic of mask, lol.

This year unfortunately I wasn't home for halloween, but I'm planning on doing it again next year.

Plus it gives me an excuse to buy massive amounts of lollies and the left overs I get to eat

Plenty of young families in my estate and its a good opportunity for everyone to have a bit of fun for once.

I even saw kids playing cricket on the street when I came home on Friday arvo
I had a far more cunning plan this year! My good wife had bought many goodies for the begging urchins but me and my son padlocked the front gate while my wife's attention was elsewhere. Unfortunately our skilful scheme was revealed when my wife looked out the front door and sternly 'advised' me to reopen the gate...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #1522
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

When a customer calls on Sunday. Morning, noon or night. And always for something that could've waited to Monday morning.

Granted, this is my best customer, but this person is old enough to know better to call on a Sunday. In my mind, Sunday is a off limits day for a tradesman.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #1523
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
When a customer calls on Sunday. Morning, noon or night. And always for something that could've waited to Monday morning.

Granted, this is my best customer, but this person is old enough to know better to call on a Sunday. In my mind, Sunday is a off limits day for a tradesman.
Thats why I prefer using email with everyone, because they can just reply when they see it/at work to respond to it.

Nothing I need is usually urgent.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 09:33 PM   #1524
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I get sick of working in the trade industry and never getting paid on time!!! That or arguing with other trades about having to repair their damage!!

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2014, 09:35 PM   #1525
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tut0r View Post
I get sick of working in the trade industry and never getting paid on time!!! That or arguing with other trades about having to repair their damage!!
Oh I HATE THAT.
Tradesmen that go about their job and think its someone else's responsibility to clean up/fix up when they are finished.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #1526
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

I hate car drivers.(when driving a truck). They do all manner of stupid manoeuvres. Of course I never do.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #1527
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tut0r View Post
Mmm..............sorta reminds me of being an owner truck driver............ often akin to banging ones head against the wall while being cavity searched with a pineapple........... can any one say mugs game ???
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #1528
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Hate of the week this week.......... bloody sneaky malware crap that hijacks your browser and refuses to be killed off. Right now I've got one called Mystartsearch that has taken over my Opera Browser and even though I've dumped all the cache, all the history, gone in and rooted out all the cookies I can find, run multiple anti malware programs over it and done everything I can think to do, the bloody thing still over rides my home page and opens a tab front and centre on starting Opera up. Registry cleaners don't see it so if it's in there I don't know how to dig it out and after doing a search I can find instructions to get it out of IE, Chrome and Firefox but not Opera, so short of un-installing Opera to get rid of it and start again, I'm at a loss right now. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #1529
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Pet hate of mine this week is the sneaky non disclosure of Halal certified products.
All consumers in Australia have the right to know about how their food is prepared.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #1530
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
Pet hate of mine this week is the sneaky non disclosure of Halal certified products.
All consumers in Australia have the right to know about how their food is prepared.
Can you just change what the homepage is? Or does it override that change too?