Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #151
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T View Post
Umm what?
There is a whole lot of multi layered stuff going on with that.
My post was basically me saying I miss her.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #152
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just copped a $261 phone bill for going over downloads cap by 1 gig. Was never informed I was coming to the limit, nor was i informed when I breached the limit. Absolutely crap. Going to call them today about this as I'm not happy. Every other one has told me before.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #153
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev View Post
Just copped a $261 phone bill for going over downloads cap by 1 gig. Was never informed I was coming to the limit, nor was i informed when I breached the limit. Absolutely crap. Going to call them today about this as I'm not happy. Every other one has told me before.
Good luck with that. This is a key money maker for phone companies now. I tripled my cap with calls over the limit one month with no warning because if you have a cap they really sting you once you go over it. I was unsuccessful in them doing anything about it. Believe it or not they do warn you about this in the fine print when you sign up. Best of luck you can get them to reverse it or reduce it though.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #154
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thing with phone companies is if you complain about sternly enough and say the right words (including the key word Ombudsman) they'll do something about it - well they did last time. Tried to charge me $600 for a phone cancellation which I was explicitly told by their in-store workers I wouldn't have to pay.

Took 2 months but I got my damn money back.
Old 15-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #155
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
had the same problem with my wifes account,

We just rang telstra and explained that we stuffed up and didnt realise and they were good really good about it,

We did go over our limit is was our fault but they coped it on the chin and we went 50/50 on it

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #156
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
had the same problem with my wifes account,

We just rang telstra and explained that we stuffed up and didnt realise and they were good really good about it,

We did go over our limit is was our fault but they coped it on the chin and we went 50/50 on it
I would assume you have been with Telstra for quite a while...I did the same about pathetic, high cost, low allowance internet.

been with them for over 30 years so I got a very good deal......wouldn't have done it if I had been a "short term" customer I dont think.

why do the elderly, who have all day, only come out at peak hour?

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #157
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
I would assume you have been with Telstra for quite a while...I did the same about pathetic, high cost, low allowance internet.

been with them for over 30 years so I got a very good deal......wouldn't have done it if I had been a "short term" customer I dont think.

Yea we've been with them with the home phone since 1997 but not internet or mobile, internet we went to them with no other option when we moved in December 2010 and the mobile (the phone we had the data blow out on) was also in 2010 but earlier in the year, that said, my wifes data usage is normaly around 200 - 300 mb of her 2gb allowance, it was just 1 time when she was away for a uni placment for 2 weeks and she did all her study with her laptop teathered through her phone, so in real terms they did pretty well

as for the elderly I'm hearing you,

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #158
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Rude, abrupt people who just do it because it's in their natural temperament.

Driving to Melbourne we stop at a Hungry Jacks for lunch. Just off the registers on the side there is a games room... Now, my wife loves those games where you lower a claw to try and pick-up a toy (and she generally has a 70-80% success rate)... So, she finished eating and went to spend a few dollars.

The toy was stuck on the hook and wouldn't drop, the 'store manager' fobbed her when she asked for help, so she naturally shook the machine... The same manager went in the games room, went off in the foulest manner saying that they can see her on the cameras in the lunch room etc etc and to not shake the machine... then walked off huffing and puffing.

At this point, my wife comes to tell me and is actually shocked at what just happened. I walk back in and see this:

The claws had barbs in the metal and it got hooked as it fell... as far as I could see she had won fair and square.

Hmmmm ok, so banging / leaning the machine sounds an alarm. Lets try to solve this rationally. I go back to the register and this time ask another worker, who then went to the manager. The manager slams down what she was carrying, comes to the front desk and tells me "I have already told you, the machines don't belong to us, we have nothing to do with them, we don't have the keys and we can't get the toy out. They are not ours, call the number".... and again walked off....

Just what I wanted to hear If they "don't belong to them, and have nothing to do with them" I will remind her of this when she comes back to try and tell me off ;)

I walk back in, stuck my finger up to the camera and shook the machine hard enough to drop the toy first time.

Childish, I know.... Couldn't wipe the smile off the wifes face for the rest of the drive... win ;)
Me and the missus go to timezone in fremantle here in perth,when the machines arent adjusted so you cant win we get shiteloads of toys for our dogs,got around 1.5 garbage bags full,we dont go out and get on the drink much so we go to timezone and win stuff,we used to win heaps of x boxes and i pads until they stopped putting them in the machines!
I hate not winning 700 buck prizes
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #159
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
You get up and go to work every day and go home at roughly the same time every day all your life and then when you don't have to do it anymore it is still hard to break the habit. You feel like you still 'have to be somewhere' at that time. If you've got something to do you do it then. That's how I look at it, anyway. I suppose I can't speak for everyone though.
Old 15-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #160
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D Segal View Post
You get up and go to work every day and go home at roughly the same time every day all your life and then when you don't have to do it anymore it is still hard to break the habit. You feel like you still 'have to be somewhere' at that time. If you've got something to do you do it then. That's how I look at it, anyway. I suppose I can't speak for everyone though.

I knew a feller who retired but couldn't face telling his wife or the fact that he was finished work, he would get up at his usual time, make his lunch, kiss his wife goodbye then sit in the park all day until his usual knockoff time then trundle off home!

he did this for years.

also amuses me that elderly couples choose school holidays to hook up their van and trundle off, battling the traffic at 75kph, to an overcrowded c/park then sit and grizzle about all the bloody kids annoying them.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
6 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #161
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I knew a feller who retired but couldn't face telling his wife or the fact that he was finished work, he would get up at his usual time, make his lunch, kiss his wife goodbye then sit in the park all day until his usual knockoff time then trundle off home. he did this for years.
Well that's depressing haha
3 users like this post:
Old 15-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #162
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
There is a whole lot of multi layered stuff going on with that.
My post was basically me saying I miss her.
I hope you're travelling ok.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #163
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Telstra will text me when I'm at 80% used for the month.

I also have the TelstraOne widget on my home screen with my current data use. Takes 24 hours to update though.

So realistically even though you say you've weren't informed they can use the "we have these facilties available" line and why are you not using them?
Old 15-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #164
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People who don't understand what personal space is. These are the people who stand way too close to me and even if I back up they just don't get it. I mean, come on! I back up and that person takes a small step closer. grr........

There's a reason why I backed up.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #165
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
People who don't understand what personal space is. These are the people who stand way too close to me and even if I back up they just don't get it. I mean, come on! I back up and that person takes a small step closer. grr........

Its especially worse if their breathe smells like they just ate a s#%t sandwich. You have to hold your breathe while their breathe nasty *** breathe all over you. Then you tell them, and they get all offended that your being rude. WTF???

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic

Last edited by blueoval; 16-05-2013 at 01:13 AM.
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #166
Low Na
Cruisin in my EL

Buying a 10 pack of grinder disks, only to get home and find its missing a couple. No problem, take it back to the store and swap it. Trouble is, store is 100km round trip. Not worth the time / fuel :(
Low Na is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #167
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Here's another one related to driving:

People who think its their god given right to hog the right hand lane regardless of what speed they are doing.

It is now faster to overtake in the slow lane on the left now and still be within the confines of the speed limit.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
5 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #168
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I have a few more:
1. People who DO NOT know that STOP means that, not treat as a GIVE WAY sign.
2. The 40k zones outside schools. Many of these are a joke and in my opinion just $$$ makers.
3. People who slow down at School Zones outside of the times for them to be operating.
4. People who just stop in the middle of the road so they can chat to someone (these are usually people of Middle Eastern heritage)
5. Asians in 4WD's (usually they are 1.5 mtrs tall, female and weigh about 30kg wringing wet)
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #169
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

I hate the fact that it is impossible to phone any large organization or gov't department. You look at the contacts area on their websites and you can e-mail, fax, send a carrier pidgeon, twitter, facebook, fire in a scud missile, you name it but it is impossible to dial a number and speak to a person!!!! God Damn!!!

My pet hate on the road is these idiots who are turning off and have to swing wide and take a broad arc to go around the turn. I don't know how many times I've almost been sideswiped by these @$%%%$ while sticking to my lane and minding my own business. You're driving a Toyota Yaris, not a god damn b-double you *%^$%.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #170
Low Na
Cruisin in my EL

Another one that gets me, coming up to a pedestrian crossing behind another car. You can see for at least 200mtrs that there is NO ONE in sight, yet they still feel the need to come to an almost stop..............
Low Na is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #171
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Speaking of slow drivers, I was behind someone driving a camry down on an empty stretch of road in front of them, nek minnit the car begins to get slower and slower, no brake lights, just foot off the gas, slowing down, slower and slower, then starts to turn left, and then (and only then) with one flash of the left indicator, entering the corner at 5kph. In the mean time, the line up of cars behind scream past me, giving me dirty looks thinking it was me slowing down for no reason, and no way of getting around till the slow ##### in front go out the way. Da fuq?

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #172
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
I hope you're travelling ok.
Cheers mate. Doin ok.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #173
kate648

I am loving this thread - so many things have made me laugh as the exact same things **** me right off!!! Like many others here, every bloody time I go to a shopping centre I park where there are no cars or loose trolleys in a 20m radius, and without fail each time I return to the ute someone is right next to me when they had a choice of 50 carparks.

Other major **** off, every time I go to my local servo, where there is only one Diesel pump and a ******** of petrol pumps, every bloody time, there's a car filling up petrol next to the only Diesel pump. Out of every pump you could have used... ahhh it makes me furious!
kate648 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #174
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post

First time I went to Korea. There is a guy at an ATM, I'm behind him and stand back the usual 3 feet for courtesy. Turn to chat to my mate for a sec then turn around and blow me there are now 3 guys in front of me!....

Feels very... um odd when you are lining up for anything and the back of the person in front of you is rubbing your chest.....

I have a clip on YouTube somewhere when we were getting on a train in Seoul. Was so packed that we couldn't actually rotate our bodies. Fitted in perfectly like a jigsaw. Would have been pretty good if there was a train accident as no one would have shifted more than an inch or 2 on impact.

I'll add fuel to the fire....

People who you allow in front of you in flowing traffic that don't give a wave.

People who change lanes close to traffic lights and try to join the fast flowing lane, yet you let them in and they decide to take the angle at 5 degrees therefore holding up their original lane because they can't bloody turn their wheel full lock to completely enter a lane in 5 metres......

I'm sure there is more to come ;)

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #175
kate648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
If that had to happen, and I found damage on my car I would have left them a msg just prior to leaving (via a sternly worded note under their wiper of course)
I wouldn't just be leaving a note, I'd wait all day if I had to until they came back!

My mum hates going shopping with me now, because I'm such a carpark nazi. Last time she came along with me, she was freaking out that I would get bashed after I approached a very large islander guy yelling and swearing at him after seeing him open his door in to another car and walk off lol.
I seriously think about 75% of carpark users have zero respect for their cars or others.
kate648 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #176
adventurer
Starter Motor

Id like to know why the heck drivers stop at a give way sign?!!!!!!!
adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #177
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why do I always grab the shifter instead of the right size bloody spanner.......now I got a big job to get the bolt out after rounding it off!

however I'm loving my new bonnet cable release.....sweeeeeet!.....I open the bonnet now just to feel how easy it is, .....I know, ......I'm a sad, sad man!

2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #178
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Here's another one: people with "F*#k your family" stickers on their cars. To me it translates as "lonely virgin". Makes me want to just start putting my family stickers on random cars in the woolies car park just to troll people who don't like them
3 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #179
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I hate jumping through hoops to get one simple tiny thing done.
Old 18-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #180
Tickford Rebel
Youngling

Geez I hate fixing my mechanics stuff ups like stripped Crank Sensor Bolts that magically appear after I ask him to fit a neutral balancer cause I didn't have time to do it myself

lucky he's a good mate of mine