Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #91
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: WS Fiesta - Alternative Long Term Review

The MAF sensor would be the first thing to test with another I'd think, they only last so long at the best of times
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #92
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The state of tune cannot be adjusted, nor can ECU parameters can't be adjusted at dealership level. Updates can be carried out of course, but this only allows them to be installed and nothing else, no changing timing or fuelling parameters.

This is the same on all Fords, as well as Kias, Hyundais, Mazdas, Toyotas, Mitsubishis, Subarus - all manufacturers in fact.

The only way changes can be made is via routine PCM updates which are released by the manufacturer or if you choose to have the vehicle tuned, which will of course void your manufacturers warranty.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #93
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Exactly: that's what other places told me: they didn't want to touch a virtually brand new car for warranty reasons. And yes, I've told both dealerships and CRC there must be a fault with a sensor/ECU (I'm not a mechanic but every other joint has told me it's running lean, that's where the ping comes from) but Ford simply shrug their shoulders and say it's a characteristic of the car, which is truly alarming. The fault itself is disappointing but it's Fords handling of the process that's made the situation so bad: I was hoping to keep the car after the lease period expired, now there's no way (I've been quoted anywhere from $6.5 to $10K for a new engine fitted and installed) so that means some poor person will have a very nasty surprise not too far in, and they'll be turned off buying a Ford ever again like myself. If Ford had handled the situation properly from the get go there would be no issue, but, considering I bought the car from Dale Ford (now bust) nothing about their attitude towards their customers and products surprises me.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #94
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Well I might as well as chuck this in here.

I just replaced the low beam and high beam globes in the Fiesta, what a massive pain in the *** the high beams are, honestly, who come up with that idea to put them in such an awkward place, even with the assembly removed.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #95
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just changed low beams as well... Designer definitely didnt try out his own design...

Also didnt I read in here somewhere, where in europe they have a fix for blowing the globes, coming from voltage spikes or somesuch......
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #96
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah there was a post about fixing them from Europe, they have a dealer fix over there. The local Ford however wont admit there's a problem
Old 29-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #97
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm also picking up some new brake parts tomorrow, front rotors and pads. The rotors were $57 each (DBA 2100) and the pads $80 (Bendix DB1941). Not sure if the fronts are actually worn enough to warrant being replaced but at 154,000ks they must be close. The rears are perhaps more of a problem because the handbrake is getting a bit floppy. Mostly I've just noticed the brake pedal dropping a lot which it never used to do. Anyway I'll work it out
Old 01-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #98
Spinner77

Quote:
Also didnt I read in here somewhere, where in europe they have a fix for blowing the globes
Any reference? I just noticed that the back right stop light on the wife's Fiesta has blown again. For the umpteenth time. Or it feels like it. This is just beginning to get on my t**s.

While I'm at it, she just had it serviced (at the dealer). For the first time, she tells me, the car is stalling while idling. Not often. Just a few times. Any ideas on the possible problem. What could have happened during the service?
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #99
Caydus

I remember reading about it too, though I can't really get a source for it. Off the top of my head, the rear globes are prone to voltage spikes so they put in a resistor.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #100
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the resistor fix was for the front lights.

Ours has three times totally lost power momentarily when driving as if there was a fuel or spark cut. I have no clue why yet as it's been only three time over the last 5000ks. But I'm sure it's the beginning of something failing that will present itself fully one day. At near 160,000 ks I'd not be surprised if something is nearing being worn out
Old 03-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #101
Spinner77

I took the Fiesta for a quick spin last night. Runs fine, but when I stopped and was about to put it into reverse, the engine stalled.

The coincidence with a very recent servicing is very strong. What could the mechanics have done?

On the other hand, could it be a problem in the fuel line? It has only ever run Ultimate 98, which is supposed to be very clean, but who knows? The vehicle has done only 46,000 km.

I would like to try the Italian Tune-up (flooring the accelerator) in due course, although the wife doesn't like me taking it to high revs!
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #102
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

I'd take it back to the dealer straight away - the longer you leave it the more they will fob it off. Having a stalling engine, while annoying, is also very dangerous.

They may have fiddled with something/knocked something or given it the latest ECU update. Only they will know.

My car stalls when on constant throttle, usually in 5th at about 70kmh, has done since new, does it once or twice every 1000kms; dealer couldn't find anything so its just another annoying thing to get used to.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #103
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I put my brakes on today, there was only about 2.5mm left on the inside pads, the outer still had a fair bit left on it (about half the original thickness). I probably could have stretched them out to 200,000ks before I was out of pads on the inside. The rotors would have easily made it that far also. I actually think I could have got 300,000ks plus from the original rotors.

In any case the new rotors and pads have improved the brakes but something's still not as good as it was when new so after we come back from this drive to QLD I'll get the brake fluid flushed and put new rear shoes in it. Made the 15,000ks since the last oil change with the cleanest oil to come out of it that I've seen yet, so I'd say it's finally worn itself into a nice fit, it hasn't needed topping up between changes since about 80,000 I guess. Early on a fair bit of oil was being burnt between changes.

I went out for a bit of a hoon to run in the brakes and discovered the abs and traction control systems are still fully operational .