Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #61
Pursya

Default Re: Limited Edition Feista Metal 3dr

Was watching the Japanese GP today and on comes an ad for a black Ford Fiesta.
Naturally I take notice, only to find it is the Zetec they are advertising. And they are advertising it as a young girls car!

http://www.ford.com.au/whyilovemyfor...=1248972265661
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #62
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've noticed that on tv the last few days, very effective add. Although as my wife said, clearly that girl has not spent the night in a Fiesta... We have and it wasn't fun, lol

If they had decent adds like that on launch when it was clearly the best car in it's market they would have sold twice as many Fiesta's as they have. Pity about that but better late than never.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #63
brydie76
Moff-fan

There were quite a few ads on the Fiesta launch, both the German and Thai ones. German one was a deep pink Fiesta moving over tiles and Thai one was the orange Fiesta with the bubbles and catchy song. They re-ran the latter ad when they had the promotion of the Zetec for 21,990. Each time it has been the Zetec model and a young woman in the ad/aimed at them. On my phone at the moment, otherwise I would track the ads down and post links.

EDIT- ok, found the bubbles one- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7-AIQNTgTo

And the boxes one was similar to this- same car though, coz they had to put a disclaimer down the bottom that this colour wasn't available in Aus (I was annoyed haha!)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_etZE945tk

DOUBLE EDIT- forgot as well, the Fiesta was heavily promoted in Australia's Next Top Model too, they drove everywhere in those cars and I think the winner of the series got a Zetec?

Being in the target market for the car means I saw a lot of this advertising I think, which is the way it should be probably- good strategy and efficiencies by Ford there.

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!

Last edited by brydie76; 08-10-2012 at 02:04 PM.
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #64
Pursya

Ford Aus needs to sack their advertising people.
I remember when the European Car of the Year, the Mondeo was launched here. The ford Aus adverts featured Paris Hilton.
This is a vehicle that the Top gear guys had as their 2007 family car of the year
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ar-of-the-year
Quote:
Presenting the accolade at Top Gear's annual awards, Top Gear team said “the Ford Mondeo is the only car that we could all agree on, including the Stig. “The Mondeo is a fantastic car. It’s practical, has a good choice of engines, very comfy and great to drive, so it’s a worthy winner of the 2007 Top Gear
Yet Ford decided it was a girls fashion statement.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #65
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they are risking losing 50% of their potential market by solely aiming the Fiesta at the women's market. I mean, there are plenty of blokes on here driving them, and I've seen the the same on the road. I'm sure most of you will remember the Suzuki Swift Sports ad recently that showed the a man driving it in such a fashion that his girlfriend got hot (well, she was hot already, but you know what I mean...)

Sure, market it to women, but don't forget the men as well.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #66
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How could you make an add for the male Fiesta market, some hardcore driver on the limit down some mountain, over taking Falcons, wearing surplus army gear because it's cheap and good. Then pulling into a petrol station filling up with just 50 bucks of fuel and going next door to an Oliver's Real Food for some organic green juice, then blasting off to find another mountain. Maybe finish it with him setting up a tent by a beach with his equally juicy female friend.
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #67
Caydus

No matter how you cut it, the Fez, admittedly is not a very manly car.

Jeremy Clarkson did it well. What if you drive into a shopping centre while being chased by baddies in a Corvette?
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #68
WUB913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caydus
No matter how you cut it, the Fez, admittedly is not a very manly car.

Jeremy Clarkson did it well. What if you drive into a shopping centre while being chased by baddies in a Corvette?
Ford should of used this in its marketing!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #69
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

French ad for the new Fiesta ... 2 guys having a good perv! ..

http://video.carsguide.com.au/228868...ea=videoindex1
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #70
entheos

Fiesta Metal has arrived in the dealership!!!

Great looking car, and drive REALLY well!! Significant power and sound improvements... Feels good and stance is great!!

Old 18-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #71
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Significant power increase? Lol. 10kW ain't significant - it's what the Zetec should have had from launch of the WS. But at this price point? Please. Anyone with common sense will wait for the ST next year which will cost very little more than the Metal...
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #72
Caydus

It is said if there's a 10% increase in power, it's significant by the seat of the pants.
Old 18-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #73
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
Significant power increase? Lol. 10kW ain't significant - it's what the Zetec should have had from launch of the WS. But at this price point? Please. Anyone with common sense will wait for the ST next year which will cost very little more than the Metal...
If it had 30kw increase YOU would find a fault with it.
Yeah i do agree id wait for the ST, but instead of criticising everything Ford do how about posting something positive?

Looks good Groomy, i like. My local dealer has one in their showroom, i might try go for a look on the weekend.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #74
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I had a look at one today... Very nice car... Only problem with it is the price I believe....
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #75
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
If it had 30kw increase YOU would find a fault with it.
Yeah i do agree id wait for the ST, but instead of criticising everything Ford do how about posting something positive?

Looks good Groomy, i like. My local dealer has one in their showroom, i might try go for a look on the weekend.
Hmmm. You criticise my post before agreeing... ok. And a 30kW increase is pretty much the Fiesta ST, the very car I suggested sensible people would wait for - again a point on which you agreed...

Regarding positive posts: I've started several threads in the Pub section regarding great reviews for the Focus and Focus ST from Carsguide. Threads you've posted in, so you're very much aware of them...

Again, the Metal: very nice but at least $3K too expensive that's in a market well aware of a 130kW ST Fiesta arriving early next year...
Old 19-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #76
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
I had a look at one today... Very nice car... Only problem with it is the price I believe....
Yeah unfortunately the rrp and what they want you to buy it for, are two different things... Its not a $26k car, even though its very cool... unless its the only car you want of course.. in which case you'll love it forever...

It has lots of stuff a zetec doesnt have, but it doesnt make it a $6k better car, especially when you know most of the extra stuff it has, has been on euro models forever.

Saying that, I hope they all sell of them cos they look awesome. Come on the ST
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #77
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it $6k more than a manual Zetec before on-roads? Otherwise, if it were only 2-3k more, it would be worthwhile. Personally, I think the Zetec should have had this under-bonnet set-up in the first place as it's supposed to be the Sports model. The same applies to the Focus Sport, INMNSHO. Nothing like an ST, of course, but enough to give the buyer more incentive, like the way the Mazda 3 SP25 has a few more herbs than the common or garden variety car, but nothing like the MPS.

Old 20-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #78
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec

Saying that, I hope they all sell of them cos they look awesome. Come on the ST
I saw one at the Motor show today. Very flash little car, the leather interior is great. Many options are ticked as well. When you think about the price it probably is worth it considering how much a German WS Zetec was before it all switched to Thailand.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #79
Caydus

I had a quick peek at the Metal while I was browsing the motorshow too. There is actually quite alot of little extras in that car compared to the WT Zetecs we have.

From what I was able to determine on a short inspection, the Metal has:
  • Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel.
    Only the sides are leather wrapped on the LX and Zetec, this one is a full wrap, including the top and bottom segments, though it is still segmented into 4 sections.
  • Leather Wrapped Handbrake
  • Full Leather seats
  • All silver trim replaced with gloss black trim
  • Climate control
  • Projector headlamps
  • Self folding side mirrors
    You have to push a button to make them fold, they don't do it automatically
  • 17" Gloss Black Rims
  • Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 205/40 R17 Low Profile Tyres
  • Reversing Sensors
  • Twin chrome tipped exhaust
  • Steering wheel tilt and telescope adjustment
    Just like in the WS version
  • Tilt adjustable front fog lights
    Does the WS Zetec have that? It's required by law apparently in the UK

Since this is a UK spec car, I guess it could also have heated windows and side mirrors, though I can't be sure.
I also overheard something about rain sensing wipers, though again, I can't confirm that either.

Black trim and Climate Control

Auto folding side mirrors - Push down to fold

Leather seats and handbrake

17" Alloys and Low Profile tyres

Projector headlamps
Old 22-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #80
zestyfesty
Starter Motor

Of course it looks the goods as its the WS model running the 17inch wheels.
10kw is insignificant. The fact that they are flogging height/reach steering adjustment as a feature is a bit rich, given it was standard before the production move to WT in Thailand. Echoing earlier comments, I get the feeling this is a clever way to flog some 'special' German WS stock to keep sales boiling along. Based on how competent the current zetec is, the ST will be approaching brilliant
zestyfesty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #81
Caydus

The post I made isn't from an official Ford marketing thing.

It's just the points which i observed which are different from the current style WT. I could have removed the adjustable steering because it's part of the WS, but thought to include it for thoroughness.
Old 22-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #82
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

It has some sort of auto wipers or lights. There is a sensor on the dash.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #83
brydie76
Moff-fan

The projectors are the same ones as we got on the WS Zetecs too, I personally think they are very good, much better than the reflectors on my parent's GTI.

Also, I thought the WT Zetec got climate control? At least the dealer trying to pry me away from the WS I eventually bought said that...

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #84
wombat66

My WT Zetec doesn't have climate control.
Old 23-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #85
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat66
My WT Zetec doesn't have climate control.
My Swift Sport has climate control and it's so good ... just set and forget, I love it.

I thought the German made WS Fiesta's had rubbish air-con like the WQ model before it, I had an XR4 for nearly 5 years so I know how lacking the air-con is during a hot summer! ... I wonder if the climate control on this Metal version would be any better ?
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #86
Caydus

It's still a WS under the skin, so i doubt the air-con was any better.

As for the projectors, i thought they were an option in UK spec cars? Never knew the WS Zetecs had them as standard? can this be confirmed?

It'll be awesome because we're starting to get more and more WS Zetecs at the wreckers...
Old 23-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #87
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydie76
At least the dealer trying to pry me away from the WS I eventually bought said that...
A dealer telling a fib? Well, I never!
Old 23-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #88
diesel dan
Starter Motor

Hi all.
Well I picked up my new Metal last night. I have driven some neat cars (ex ford PG) but for the dollars this is right at the top. Sorry folks I do get employee discount . Even at early $20's I think this is good value.
Has voice activated climate control and audio, how many falcons have that??
Yeah, it's small but i recon it has more internal space than a duel cab hilux.
The seat are snug and i'm no light weight jocky either. real comfortable with heaps of front leg room. Goes well when reved over 3k. ride is firm but handles a treat on the "GO" road where i live. Boot space is ok for a box of chocolates. Perfect....
diesel dan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #89
Pursya

There will still be one more "facelift" in the life of this fiesta body shape.
And that's when climate control will be included as standard in the Zetec.
All car models follow the same path. Goodies are held back, or at least put on an options list, and then released as standard as the years progress.
Old 23-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #90
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel dan
Hi all.
Well I picked up my new Metal last night. I have driven some neat cars (ex ford PG) but for the dollars this is right at the top. Sorry folks I do get employee discount . Even at early $20's I think this is good value.
Has voice activated climate control and audio, how many falcons have that??
Yeah, it's small but i recon it has more internal space than a duel cab hilux.
The seat are snug and i'm no light weight jocky either. real comfortable with heaps of front leg room. Goes well when reved over 3k. ride is firm but handles a treat on the "GO" road where i live. Boot space is ok for a box of chocolates. Perfect....
Be good to see some pics, mate. It's a sinister looking car, all right.

This user likes this post: