Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #181
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fiesta ST (3-door) is coming! Australian Media Coverage (Links)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
Everything about this car (Sans the test drive) is exactly what i have been waiting for. If you say to me just picture it as an updated/modern XR4 with 33% more powers and 100nm torques and will keep my giggling like a 16yo school girl then i know it needs to be mine.
Its the xr4 with the power it always deserved pretty much, and much more!
Old 28-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #182
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

One thing i may point out i dont like (Picky i know) but unless you have got euro plates its gonna look a little silly i reckon.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #183
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
Its the xr4 with the power it always deserved pretty much, and much more!
Statement of the day. Deal will be done. I excite
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #184
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/572...t-drive-review

http://www.carsales.com.au/reviews/2...st-drive-38481

http://www.caradvice.com.au/249166/f...a-st-review-2/
Old 29-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #185
ConST

Nice.

Here's where I'm hoping someone will come out with a short shift kit soon!
ConST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #186
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The shift is fine, I don't know what the big deal is to be honest.
Old 29-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #187
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConST View Post
Nice.

Here's where I'm hoping someone will come out with a short shift kit soon!
http://www.mountunestore.com/Product...--Quick-shift-
Old 29-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #188
ConST

Ordered!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2
Old 29-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #189
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConST View Post
Ordered!
I like your style.

After reading the three reviews above, the common topic was the long gearing between 2nd -3rd. Why would this be a problem?? it should still punch close to 100 in second i assume?
Old 29-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #190
ConST

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
The shift is fine, I don't know what the big deal is to be honest.
I hear ya. Just that pretty much all three of those articles mentioned the long hear throw between second and third.

I do like a short shift. But not at the expense of a snapped cable!

Old 29-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #191
ConST

Quote:
I like your style.

After reading the three reviews above, the common topic was the long gearing between 2nd -3rd. Why would this be a problem?? it should still punch close to 100 in second i assume?
I like a short weighted shift. Just my preference.

It's actually out of stock so I can't order it. I've sent them an email to see when it will be back in stock. I'm keen on it.

Official confirmation from my dealer that my wheels have been painted black. Tomorrow all they have to do is put the tyres back on, detail, and slap the plates on. Picking it up Saturday morning!

Old 29-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #192
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I like your style.

Does this answer your question?
http://youtu.be/i4fLIjh3Ez0?t=26s

They get it to 95km/h before hitting 3rd.
NanoDuke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #193
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just took one for a fang, molten orange.

My thoughts:
The brakes are excellent - compared to my three door Echo lol
The sound symposer sounds great coming from the front on throttle and the exhaust "drone" from behind sounds sweet too.
Gear box is silky smooth.
Hill hold works as advertised, but made my launch a bit funny lol. Need to get used to that.
Molten orange colour is nice in the flesh, but I don't see it any special over mars red or chili orange.

In saying that, it's not right for me. Drove an FG turbo afterwards and my grin was just that much wider, so the fez won't be for me...
Old 30-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #194
bassboy

My new toy boys and girls.
http://s807.photobucket.com/user/bas...tml?sort=3&o=0
Nitro
Weekend Drive
FG XR6T
Colour:
Sensation With Dark Argent wheels.
Mods:
PW CAI, Custom Tune, Injectors, Plazmaman FG Intercooler and piping,Defilippo 3.5 inch full Stainless exhaust and Brembo Breaks. All mods done by Bluepower.
Sound:
Alpine Touch Screen Head unit, Alpine PDX Amps x 3, Alpine imprint processor, Sound stream 12” Subs, Focal 6 ½ in splits front and rear, Sound by Street Sound & Vision.
bassboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #195
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A bit more info now that I'm sitting down and thinking about it:

Rear view mirror visibility is pretty good. The mirror view covers the whole back window.

As I quessed what would happen, I bloody flicked the windscreen wipers five times in the space of 3km test drive haha.

The Sony entertainment console is bloody annoying. WAY too many buttons. I like the simplicity of the FG ICC. Instead of the piano keys to trigger the screen hotlinks, there's four physical buttons at the very bottom of the ICC. A bit strange that way...
Speakers go off, though. Tethered my Android phone no worries and blasted out the music I wanted.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POINT OUT THE 7TH AND 8TH SPEAKERS TO ME??? Dealer and I could only count 6?? Unless two speakers are 2-in-1 jobbies?

Black interior roofing is nice.

Seat adjustment and wheel placement is good, too. I'm 6"4' and had to reign in the seat a tad forward (so not all the way slammed back). There's height adjustment of the seat, too.

I'm a novice when it comes to driving a manual, but I found this weird section in the throw of the clutch. Right at the top (clutch out) there's about an inch that pops back on my feet. Kinda like the soft stop when you "floor it" in a falcon, but realise there's an extra kick down. Kinda like that but the reverse. I could gently rest my foot on the clutch and it'd move down an inch before feeling some resistance. Not sure what's going on with that.

It sure has some poke to it. Pulls nicely up hills and sounds good while doing it. Could only hear what was in the cabin, though. I tried to listen out the window but I didn't hear much from the exhaust externally.

The dealer and I both laughed when punching it, there seems to be a very slight little flutter from the turbo when shifting gears.

I didn't like how there felt like some imposed throttle resistance when taking off in first. I thought it was struggling at first (or that I was in too high a gear) until I realised I just had to push just that *little bit* more.

Ummm.. does anyone have any questions I might be able to answer?
Old 30-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #196
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDuke View Post
A bit more info now that I'm sitting down and thinking about it:

Rear view mirror visibility is pretty good. The mirror view covers the whole back window.

As I quessed what would happen, I bloody flicked the windscreen wipers five times in the space of 3km test drive haha.

The Sony entertainment console is bloody annoying. WAY too many buttons. I like the simplicity of the FG ICC. Instead of the piano keys to trigger the screen hotlinks, there's four physical buttons at the very bottom of the ICC. A bit strange that way...
Speakers go off, though. Tethered my Android phone no worries and blasted out the music I wanted.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POINT OUT THE 7TH AND 8TH SPEAKERS TO ME??? Dealer and I could only count 6?? Unless two speakers are 2-in-1 jobbies?

Black interior roofing is nice.

Seat adjustment and wheel placement is good, too. I'm 6"4' and had to reign in the seat a tad forward (so not all the way slammed back). There's height adjustment of the seat, too.

I'm a novice when it comes to driving a manual, but I found this weird section in the throw of the clutch. Right at the top (clutch out) there's about an inch that pops back on my feet. Kinda like the soft stop when you "floor it" in a falcon, but realise there's an extra kick down. Kinda like that but the reverse. I could gently rest my foot on the clutch and it'd move down an inch before feeling some resistance. Not sure what's going on with that.

It sure has some poke to it. Pulls nicely up hills and sounds good while doing it. Could only hear what was in the cabin, though. I tried to listen out the window but I didn't hear much from the exhaust externally.

The dealer and I both laughed when punching it, there seems to be a very slight little flutter from the turbo when shifting gears.

I didn't like how there felt like some imposed throttle resistance when taking off in first. I thought it was struggling at first (or that I was in too high a gear) until I realised I just had to push just that *little bit* more.

Ummm.. does anyone have any questions I might be able to answer?
I have a question...why didn't you buy it?! Haha

Thanks for the write up, very interesting.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #197
NanoDuke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha as I mentioned in my earlier post:
"Drove an FG turbo afterwards and my grin was just that much wider, so the fez won't be for me..."
If I was a hardcore manual driver I'd probably think differently, or if I was in the market for any new car then the Fez would be it at that price.
But realistically, for the same coin I will get a slightly aged I6 turbo which gives me more thrills.
Old 30-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #198
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

NanoDuke - Appreciate your review greatly as you have confirmed a few things i was questioning. I beleive the extra two speakers may be the rear tweeters?? possibly hidden?

I was also questioning why you didnt buy it as your review is very positive, but understand the final outcome has come to personal preference nothing more. You cant deny a I6 turbo is a great Bang For Buck Package.
Old 30-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #199
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboy View Post

Love that in Blue Bassboy.

That's the one for me
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #200
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

My dealer has this.

- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #201
Pursya

Love white.
But the blue wins. Hands down.
Jealous am I.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #202
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I took one for a drive today and was extremely impressed. I've driven the XR4 previously, as well as having owned an XR5 and now a Focus ST.

Although the seats are the same as in the Focus they actually feel more comfortable in cloth only as opposed to the partial leather in the Focus. Entry and egress is far better for me in the Fiesta than the Focus thanks to the longer doors - the cabin also feels a bit more open than the Focus too, mainly due to the design of the console and dash. The buttons on the steering wheel and centre stack are well laid out and fall easily to hand. I much prefer the climate control unit from the Focus though - the unit in the Fiesta looks a bit cheap and nasty by comparison.

Onto the controls - the steering wheel has a very nice feel to it and it sits well in your hands. The pedals are perfectly spaced and I would imagine they would be in the right spot for heel and toe driving.

Out on the road and the first thing I noticed by comparison to the Focus is that the clutch and gearbox are very light - excellent in their operation, but I do prefer the heavier shift and clutch from the Focus hands down. The brakes are excellent, on par if not slightly better than the Focus. The steering is extremely accurate and feels quite nice and there is minimal (if any) torque steer even on hard acceleration. The suspension tune is spot on - noticeably firmer than the Focus, but it does suit the Fiesta's personality. You do notice bumps a lot more in the Fiesta and there is also a lot more road noise in the cabin than in the Focus. The handling of the Fiesta is astonishing, it simply grips and grips without any fuss - going around a roundabout for example, you can enter and exit with considerably more pace than you could achieve without understeering in the Focus. The Torque Vectoring seems to work very well in the Fiesta. Engine performance is quite strong (for a 1.6) and there is minimal turbo lag. The engine note is excellent, I actually prefer it to the noise the Focus ST makes. With the windows down you can clearly hear the turbo spooling as well as some chatter on gear changes.

In summary, this is a fantastic car which is definitely going to sell well. It has excellent performance, handling and equipment levels for a vehicle of this price range and size. I personally think it looks great in Molten Orange, although colour choices are subjective - my Focus is Tangerine Scream, which I know isn't everyone's cup of tea. One thing I wish Ford had done (and this applies to the Focus as well) is offer the grey wheels/painted calipers as an option at least, because they look so much better IMO.

I did like the Fiesta a lot - if I was buying at the moment I would most likely still buy the Focus as I do prefer the extra goodies and power, but there is no denying that the Fiesta ST is a very special car and is definitely going to sell very well. I can only imagine what these things are going to be like with some mods, or even the Mountune kit - they will be an absolute beast.

WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #203
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Your're new here, arnt ya?
Picked up my ST this morning!

It was cool getting puzzled (admiring) looks from peeps on the way home, I'm sure there will be many more to come in the following weeks and months.

Agree with pretty much everything WILDB just posted.

The drive is fantastic, it looks mean on the outside (molten orange looks fantastic) and the interior is like a fighter jet cockpit with it's charcoal grey trim throughout.

I bought this car sight unseen, and without having test driven one...and I couldn't be happier with it!!!

I think this car is AMAZING value for money and an instant CLASSIC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg st front.jpg (84.3 KB, 912 views)
File Type: jpg st back.jpg (84.9 KB, 923 views)
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #204
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
My dealer has this.
He must be flying under the cops' radar. The dealer in my street gets around in an old laser. What do you buy? You sound like a weed kind of guy.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post