Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-08-2019, 02:44 PM   #1
TwentySixHundred
Starter Motor

Default nokia window mount aerials

Does anyone remember the Window mounted aerials from the late 90's to early 2000's that unmarked police cars/detectives used? Im wondering if there is anywhere you can get these. Back in the day these were easy to find at the wreckers just for the adhesive part for looks. I just want one for cosmetic looks and don't care about functionality. If anyone knows or remembers them id be interested in hearing your take.
TwentySixHundred is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2019, 03:16 PM   #2
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default Re: nokia window mount aerials

like these?
https://www.prestigecom.net.au/uhf-c...glass-antennas
Old 22-08-2019, 03:49 PM   #3
TwentySixHundred
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post

Yeah those are exactly the ones, i noticed that site after googling before the post. All i want is the outside adhesive aerial part for cosmetic looks and they used to be $15 from the wreckers

Went to my local Ford wreckers and they said they hadn't seen them in years. I still see the odd unmarked rolling around with them but not common like the early 2000's

I had found one on the US ebay but their shipping is more then the product...
This user likes this post:
Old 22-08-2019, 04:25 PM   #4
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

I might have what you're after at home.... if I remember i'll have a look tongiht
Old 22-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #5
creative
I am Batman

ebay linky

closest I have found so far...
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #6
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Or this one https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fake-Dis...AAAOSwtThdFQoC . Under 20$ but the postage and handleing kill it. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2019, 09:33 PM   #7
TwentySixHundred
Starter Motor

Quote:
I might have what you're after at home.... if I remember i'll have a look tongiht

Cheers mate, not 100% sure if i should cough up the coin for something like creative found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
ebay linky

closest I have found so far...

Yeah that's actually not too bad of a price considering it's fully functioning. Not sure what the plug would be suited for though? I have read somewhere they're for UHF and VHF radios?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3 View Post
Hi. Or this one https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fake-Dis...AAAOSwtThdFQoC . Under 20$ but the postage and handling kill it. Cheers MD

Think that's the same company i had found on the US ebay. Yeah the price is right for something cosmetic but i can't justify buying it @ that shipping price.
Old 23-08-2019, 04:41 AM   #8
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

The antenna creative found is for phones, by the frequency bands possibly 4g
Old 23-08-2019, 01:04 PM   #9
creative
I am Batman

Quote:
The antenna creative found is for phones, by the frequency bands possibly 4g
doesnt matter if its not going to be used.

It was more a cost to use factor I was thinking of. Paying $100 for a decorative antenna is a bit much in my opinion...
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #10
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

I've got one of those on my ute. Been trying to work out how to remove it since I bought the car. There was all sorts of odd gear associated with it, most I removed but the inside and outside are stuck fast. It whistles at highway speeds...
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2019, 02:36 AM   #11
TwentySixHundred
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
I've got one of those on my ute. Been trying to work out how to remove it since I bought the car. There was all sorts of odd gear associated with it, most I removed but the inside and outside are stuck fast. It whistles at highway speeds...

Razor blade used to work well unless the inner part is on the rear and has tint. Most the time they would break free with a constant sideways pressure.

Yeah i been thinking of going the functioning route although haven't got a plan for what at the moment.
Old 27-08-2019, 06:43 PM   #12
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Just saw this on flea bay https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-Auto....c100752.m1982 . Made to stick on the roof but it should stick to glass, just hope it points in the right direction. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2019, 07:38 PM   #13
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentySixHundred View Post
Does anyone remember the Window mounted aerials from the late 90's to early 2000's that unmarked police cars/detectives used? Im wondering if there is anywhere you can get these. Back in the day these were easy to find at the wreckers just for the adhesive part for looks. I just want one for cosmetic looks and don't care about functionality. If anyone knows or remembers them id be interested in hearing your take.
Pretty sure I've got a Couple of old Ones...
Give Me a couple days & I'll see if can dig 'em out... They'd be old Mobile Phone ones,

If You pay the postage,you can have one.. If It suits you..
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post