Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 14-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
Jess85

Default Fiesta XR4

Ford's bringing out the new Fiesta next year. Its the same as the ST but Ford Australia is calling it an XR4, just to be different.

Old 14-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Xr4

Soo its confirmed is it?

haha about time i say !

But, i fear ford would have lost ALOT of customers, they are very behind in the hot hatch game.

But, good on em.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 14-10-2006, 10:40 AM   #3
Jess85

theres talk of a new mondeo, new fiesta, new focus convertible or something. My dad and bf work at ford.

They heard there will be something like 9 new models come out in '07
Old 14-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #4
simonr
Focus Rookie

Motor show is coming........................ ;)
Old 14-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #5
Jess85

dont think theres many fords at the motorshow this year tho..???
Old 14-10-2006, 11:14 AM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Cant wait for this years motorshow.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 14-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
FlaminFiesta

w00t w00t

guys xr4 or xr5
Old 14-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #8
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess85
Ford's bringing out the new Fiesta next year. Its the same as the ST but Ford Australia is calling it an XR4, just to be different.
I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but what's your source? Cos I can't find any news on the Fiesta ST/XR4 on ford.com.au.

:eclipsee_
Old 14-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #9
Jess85

my bf is a salesman and my dad is the manager at a ford dealership. my bf told me last nite that the xr4 is coming to australia (ST) sometime next year.
Old 14-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #10
Jess85

it wouldnt b on the ford site yet becoz its recent news
Old 14-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #11
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see.

I hope Ford Aus will be fitting the ST with say... a 5-sp ZF Auto tranny as well as the 6-sp manual.

--sigh--.. I still reckon the XR naming is gay. They should only use the XR's on the Falcons. Focus ST or Fiesta ST just rings better than Focus XR5T or Fiesta XR4. The "ST" badge would look so much better than the "XR4" badge on the Fiesta.

I mean... "oh yeah I drive a Fiesta XR4".... gay......"yeah, I drive a Fiesta ST".. much better.

"Don't you mean Festiva???"... "Made in Germany? I thought it's made it Korea!"

Rant/. :hihi:
Old 14-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #12
Jess85

its still in the pipeline Hyper so who knows..could end up being called the ST, you never know with car companies these days

im in the process of doing my fiesta up but i may possibly get the new fiesta when it comes out seeing as it'd get employee pricing etc
Old 14-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #13
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ what are you thinking of doing to the Fez?
Old 14-10-2006, 02:06 PM   #14
Jess85

my zetec came with body kit etc - all the extras.
i recently put focus clear indicators on, have just bought lexus style tail lights off ebay and my bf is talking about buying me an exhaust system for xmas. i've already got MP3 rims on it, cant afford to get new rims atm
Old 14-10-2006, 03:34 PM   #15
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

5 spd ZF auto? :S ummm.. the zf is 6spd.

As i understand the ST (XR4) comes exclusively with 5spd manual (like the polo gti)
Being a sports model 95% of people want manual.

Also, the ST name wasnt found to be too successfull in the australian market. Mostly because noone knew what it meant (sport technologies)

Everyone knows what an XR is, so if a new car is brought to australia with a blue oval on it, and its a sport model, slap an XR badge on it and people will immediately know its sport oriented.

Loads of fun :
Old 14-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #16
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Well MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. so to speak.

Well looks like i am gonna start saving and learn manual now, just to get ready for its arrival.

I might go to my ford dealer ship and see if they know??
Old 14-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #17
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
5 spd ZF auto? :S ummm.. the zf is 6spd.
ZF also makes 4 and 5-speed automatic boxes But I dunno if they're as special as the 6-speed models slapped on high-end Falcons & FPVs.

Quote:
As i understand the ST (XR4) comes exclusively with 5spd manual (like the polo gti)
Being a sports model 95% of people want manual.
Ah yes, my bad... the ST has 5-speed manual, not 6-speed manual. :hihi:

Quote:
Also, the ST name wasnt found to be too successfull in the australian market. Mostly because noone knew what it meant (sport technologies).
Everyone knows what an XR is, so if a new car is brought to australia with a blue oval on it, and its a sport model, slap an XR badge on it and people will immediately know its sport oriented.
It's dumbfounding how people can be so reluctant to a change. out:

Last edited by HyperKid; 14-10-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 14-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #18
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess85
I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but what's your source? Cos I can't find any news on the Fiesta ST/XR4 on ford.com.au.

:eclipsee_
Yer, im not believing it til i see the official press release ... (or.. the car in the flesh in aus)

because People talk alot of ****
Old 14-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #19
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I won't beleive it until an official press release. Exact same thing happened last year
Old 14-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #20
Jess85

yeh im just telling u what i was told! the owner of the dealership my dad and bf work at went to a big meeting sometime last week and he came back telling my dad that by the end of next year there will be about 9 new fords on the market and the new fiesta, mondeo, convertable focus etc are just some of them
Old 14-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #21
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Mondeo coming back? Doubt that.... Especially given Holden pulled the plug on the Vectra due to it not being viable- they were selling well when the Mondeo was here.

The current model Mondeo would be priced too high for our market IMHO.
Old 14-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #22
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm.. i dunno how they're(Mondeos) gonna be priced, but they'll be a good contender for Mazda6. Mazda6 looks hotter though.
Old 14-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #23
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id tap the Mondeo ST.
Old 14-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #24
donkeylover

The mondeo is coming out i was speaking to a dealer about it.I think the tdci thingy bobs will sell well here.
Old 15-10-2006, 12:03 AM   #25
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I may be in the minority here but I happen to like the XR4 name.....imho it would definately not be getting the ST badge in Oz as it does in Europe, South Africa etc, only makes sense......"XR4, XR5, XR6, XR8",...... can't see it getting any other badge.
If the Suzi Sport is $27K driveaway one would expect the XR4 to be around the same price to compete against it.
Old 15-10-2006, 03:56 AM   #26
0xyg3n

Just to add abit of spice to this subject Ford has registered the trademake for both XR4 and FIESTA XR4 both applications are dated 12 sept 2006. Interesting to note that the Focus XR5 was also reged at the same time.
Old 15-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #27
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
I may be in the minority here but I happen to like the XR4 name.....imho it would definately not be getting the ST badge in Oz as it does in Europe, South Africa etc, only makes sense......"XR4, XR5, XR6, XR8",...... can't see it getting any other badge.
If the Suzi Sport is $27K driveaway one would expect the XR4 to be around the same price to compete against it.
i agree

to have half the range named XR and the other half ST shows lack of brand consistency.
Old 15-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #28
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ I was just thinking that the Falcons made the "XR" badge famous, so Ford should reserve the XR naming exclusively to Falcons.

But... to each of his own, I guess.
Old 15-10-2006, 11:17 AM   #29
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
Hmm.. i dunno how they're(Mondeos) gonna be priced, but they'll be a good contender for Mazda6. Mazda6 looks hotter though.
They'd have a tough job competing with the Mazda 6! We bought a 6 Limited sedan earlier this year- it's bottom of the range and comes standard with 8 airbags, CD, aircon, all electrics except cruise control, ABS with EBD etc. List price for this model is $28240 for the six speed manual. Can't see an equivalent spec Mondeo being priced within a cooee of that price!

The 6 also has unbelievable handling for the price. The first version out cornered a BMW 330Ci coupe in the Wheels Active Safety Program- and that was only the Classic version fitted with 16" wheels! The Luxury comes with 17" wheels and wider tyres. The current update model is even better going by the reviews.
Old 15-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #30
Jess85

heres the new Mondeo coming out in '07:
http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring...ondeo-2007.htm
Closed Thread