Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 18-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #61
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Is the swift being discussed here the current Swift Sport or is there going to be a GTi? added to the range?
Old 18-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #62
MJD682
Starter Motor

In regard to ST pricing the Brits are paying (AUD$33,770 estimated on road) less on road and V.A.Tax =(GBP 11,388.94) AUD$28,287.20 + GST and on roads+(options) =? DEBT, and loss from sale or trade-in for those who currently purchased a fez. Weigh up the options and Ill still take one. Im guessing around the 30g mark.
Old 18-10-2006, 01:45 PM   #63
photn
AFF Post NAZI

it wont be any more than 30g. conversion between UK and AUS has been explained in another thread, the pricing will not be more that 30G whatsoever. (unless optioned, possibly)

it should sell around the 26-28 i reckon. but who knows. either way we will find out, if it is released then we know. otherwise they had our hopes up again.

Old 18-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #64
photn
AFF Post NAZI

just got off the phone from the Peter Waren dealer and apparently they have received the same report as your father Jess. he said some one else had rung up to enquire about it and would give me back a call to confirm any information.....i hope you dont mind jess i said one of my female friends fathers work for ford and i was told about the XR4, (no names mentioned). not that i know your.

anyway. im just waiting for a call back to confirm any info.

which also makes me suprised cause the guy knew what i was talking about.
he knew it was from UK and knew the specs.?

could it possibly BE, that it is due soon for release.

Old 18-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #65
MJD682
Starter Motor

Im not a believer. As i dont want to be dissapointed. No one has their mods on hold have they? in anticipationfor the "Xr4"!!!
Old 18-10-2006, 01:59 PM   #66
MJD682
Starter Motor

Off topic! not sure if this has been posted (focus cabriolet)http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/coming_soon...ntro/-/-/-/44#
Old 18-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #67
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06fiesta
Im not a believer. As i dont want to be dissapointed. No one has their mods on hold have they? in anticipationfor the "Xr4"!!!
im still modding. doesnt bother me. im 99% sure that the XR4 will be released as the MK7, in which case i probably wont buy it,

Old 18-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #68
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Current model Fez will last another 18months, b4 upgrade. Best people to ask is the PPL at the motor show. from what i was told. Ford AUS head office didnt want to tell me anything about it. the only diff with the new fez will be what they did with the mk6.5, a facelift and different interior. "Ford have no plans to expand there small car range"

yet sales person..."the XR4 namebadge has been blah blah blah...this indicates there is something in the pipelines"

i doubt the ST model wont be released untill the new upgrade.

the fez will last another3-4 years b4 it is replaced with another type of vehicle i was told.

Old 18-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #69
Jess85

06fiesta : Off topic! not sure if this has been posted (focus cabriolet)http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/coming_soo...intro/-/-/-/44#

I mentioned that the focus convertible was one of the 9 Ford models expected to be released in Oz next year
Old 18-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #70
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I have a thought. Ford havent really told us what will be on display at the SMS this year apart from Falcon BF2. Whats to say that they are playing the game strategically and have there new line on display (Mondeo, the Territory concept thing, Isosis, Fez St etc)

I mean it would be a smart move, and Ford arnt ones to noy make an impact
Old 18-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #71
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
I have a thought. Ford havent really told us what will be on display at the SMS this year apart from Falcon BF2. Whats to say that they are playing the game strategically and have there new line on display (Mondeo, the Territory concept thing, Isosis, Fez St etc)

I mean it would be a smart move, and Ford arnt ones to noy make an impact
when was the last time ford made a smart move damo???

we all wont know untill we go and see... .

Old 18-10-2006, 03:42 PM   #72
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
when was the last time ford made a smart move damo???
The introduction of BA Falcons? the ZF 6-sp Auto? :
Old 18-10-2006, 03:49 PM   #73
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
The introduction of BA Falcons? the ZF 6-sp Auto? :
the BA was required, and a life saver, wasnt necceraly smart,they was desperate. 6 spd auto, i wouldnt call that smart lol, good tech upgrade.

smart was the lion add. lol.

Last edited by photn; 18-10-2006 at 03:59 PM.
Old 18-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #74
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

While you are correct in a sense your are wrong in the point your putting across. You can't simply use a currency conversion to get the estimated cost of a car. Compare the price of a Fiesta in europe, a Focus ST in europe and other euro cars to here and you will not get the currency conversion rate. You end up with a figure around 1.9 times the price in the UK.

My guess would be a price of 25,990.

Photn the mk7 is intended for release around the 2008 mark. Ford still have more than a year to sell the ST and build up the Fiesta name. They want to sell their cars and if people go and buy a mk6 ST and see the MK7 a year later they may very well buy it aswell giving Ford Aus profit on both cars not just one.

The people at the motor show ill have little to no idea about the Fiesta.
Old 18-10-2006, 06:36 PM   #75
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
While you are correct in a sense your are wrong in the point your putting across. You can't simply use a currency conversion to get the estimated cost of a car. Compare the price of a Fiesta in europe, a Focus ST in europe and other euro cars to here and you will not get the currency conversion rate. You end up with a figure around 1.9 times the price in the UK.

My guess would be a price of 25,990.

Photn the mk7 is intended for release around the 2008 mark. Ford still have more than a year to sell the ST and build up the Fiesta name. They want to sell their cars and if people go and buy a mk6 ST and see the MK7 a year later they may very well buy it aswell giving Ford Aus profit on both cars not just one.

The people at the motor show ill have little to no idea about the Fiesta.
no probs Pie, info taken in. just relaying what was told to me from the sales person...ty anyway

Old 18-10-2006, 07:55 PM   #76
Juzdin
Starter Motor

Someone here said the feista st is faster than the polo gti. Whats the specs on a st then? I thought they were the same 0 to 100 in 8.2 secs.

I almost bought a polo gti last week but decided to keep looking a bit longer (lucky.) If the st will be out soon and is faster than a gti then I'll wait for that.

I believe that the st cant be priced anywhere near 30K otherwise you may aswell buy a gti and chip it to 150kw to have a monster. I dont think modding will be as easy with the N/A st. Tell me if I'm wrong. This news is exciting.
Old 18-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #77
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ST has a 0-100 time of 7.9 IIRC.

Modding is about the same. Yes you can chip the polo but 150kw is around the max your gonna get with the stock turbo. The Duratec loves to breathe and respondes very well the mods. Full Exhaust has been known to gain 15-16kw.
Old 19-10-2006, 12:28 AM   #78
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Fiesta XR4

Quote:
ST has a 0-100 time of 7.9 IIRC.

Modding is about the same. 150kw is around the max your gonna get with the stock turbo. The Duratec loves to breathe and respondes very well the mods. Full Exhaust has been known to gain 15-16kw.

the time of 7.9 is quoted as 0-60... 100kmph is 62 mph i believe.. and according to tests ive read ST 0-100 is 8.2 which is exactly the same as the GTI.

Pie how is modding the same between the two cars???

Both cars have 110kw... but dollar for dollar the pogo will offer more bang.

Say you have a budget of two grand.. with the st that will get you a engine back exhaust which will as you mentioned gain you about 15kw (+/-)... bringing it upto 125kw at the motor roughly.

Spend two grand on a Pogo and you have 152 kw anda whopping 330nm of torque.

There is NO way that these cars are similar when it comes to modification.

Two grand spent on each of these cars... one is going to be very far in the rear view mirror, and just so that we dont open a big can of worms such as but this handles better than that... we are talking POWER here not chassis.

I dont think there have even been any direct comparo's between pogo stick and ST. :
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 19-10-2006, 12:45 AM   #79
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2mph is not going to take 0.3second to get. But to stop you crying like a baby lest say there are even.

Funny you chose the figure of $2000. Its just about the only value that gives the polo a nice advantage. Sure you can get a APR ecu and get 150kw but that with a stock turbo thats all your gonna get. No matter how you get to that 150kw mark the turbo is gonna cause of huge restriction and lower power after that.

Under this they are near even. And over they are even again as the huge cost of upgrading turbo from a relativly stock car lets the ST get back all those ponies it lost with the 1bar map. Of course you will eventually get to the limit where N/A can't keep up at all but thats a long way down the track.

Just becuase you can buy a new ecu for 2g with a huge power increase doesn't make it a better modder. I could reflash a ST to run on C16 and get huge figures for like $200 but that means nothing.
Old 19-10-2006, 01:52 AM   #80
Steffo
LPG > You

You can get more then 150kW from the VW 1.8T with the stock turbocharger. Alot more.

$ per $ the ST doesn't stand a chance against the GTI when it comes for mods. Nor does any other car in this class. Factory forced induction wins every time. Its already has the most important parts of work done for you, being N/A is a performance restriction IMO.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 19-10-2006, 02:20 AM   #81
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Polo GTI uses a KKK03 turbo. 150-160 is the max your gonna get from it.

Some 1.8T did come with a KKK04 and can run abit more power but the Polo has a KKK03.

Yes Turbo has more potential overall. But in the scope of light to medium mods the small turbo on the polo is its weakness.
Old 19-10-2006, 02:32 AM   #82
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Polo GTI uses a KKK03 turbo. 150-160 is the max your gonna get from it.

Some 1.8T did come with a KKK04 and can run abit more power but the Polo has a KKK03.

Yes Turbo has more potential overall. But in the scope of light to medium mods the small turbo on the polo is its weakness.
There are different types of K03 turbo. The Post-2001 1.8T's have 5mm larger bore and vanes on the compressor side. They're almost the size of a base-spec K04. Which puts their capability in the 240-250HP range (179 - 187kW).
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 19-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #83
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots
Is the swift being discussed here the current Swift Sport or is there going to be a GTi? added to the range?
There will be no Suzuki Swift GTi.........Suzuki made a global decision to badge the "heir apparant" GTi replacement as "Sport".

I think it was Danny who said it could have something to do with VW now owning the "GTi" naming rights?
Old 19-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #84
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Most people are content with just flashing their polo.

One owner recently beat a golf gti by two car lengths after his flash tune, left the golf owner eating pogo stick dust and feeling completely gob smacked.

Apart from that there is more to be had out of the stock turbocharger. You can get a new turbo inlet pipe and also new downpipe + cat are popular for some better turbospool up.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 19-10-2006, 12:39 PM   #85
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

With the XR4 whats the chances of getting 140- 150 ATW for 3g?? Say Full exhaust, Extractors and Apollo CAI? Also in Uk they have the ECU remaps from Superchips or Bluefin available. Power increases are approx 10bhp with an increase in torque of 13nm for 339pounds

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 19-10-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 19-10-2006, 01:17 PM   #86
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
With the XR4 whats the chances of getting 140- 150 ATW for 3g?? Say Full exhaust, Extractors and Apollo CAI? Also in Uk they have the ECU remaps from Superchips or Bluefin available. Power increases are approx 10bhp with an increase in torque of 13nm for 339pounds
do the conversion damo, the maximum bhp from Pumaspeed parts is 200bhpp. youd only really get something like 120 POSSIBLY at the wheels. for 3g, I doubt youd get anyware near 150 at the wheels.

but im sure pie may be able to shed some light on this.

ohh and mitch........ :p stop talking about your polo lol. your starting to make me jealous.

Old 19-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #87
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
do the conversion damo, the maximum bhp from Pumaspeed parts is 200bhpp. youd only really get something like 120 POSSIBLY at the wheels. for 3g, I doubt youd get anyware near 150 at the wheels.

but im sure pie may be able to shed some light on this.

ohh and mitch........ :p stop talking about your polo lol. your starting to make me jealous.
lol alright i will stop.

But in saying that.

ST would probably have about 130hp ATW standard dude (give or take a few) getting this upto 150 hp atw would be easy.

Loads of fun :
Old 19-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #88
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Eat some beans and you might gain a few more BHP too

Loads of fun :
Old 19-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #89
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I stand corrected ive just worked out an itemized list of prices in AU VS BHP gain. Lets say 180BHP is very easy to obtain. ill post it up soon.

Bluefin Chip Upgrade + Full Exhaust(including Extractors) = 180BHP = $2000
Puma Speed Cams = Minimum 15BHP = $800
K&N Apollo = 5-7BHP = $200

So Fiesta ST could have potential of 200+BHP = 150+KW ATF increase of about 400rpm - for 3g. No idea on Nm tho.

This is all theoretical so dont FLAME ME for it.

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 19-10-2006 at 02:29 PM.
Old 19-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #90
Danny
GT4.

I don't think Mitch was talking about HIS polo, Just Polo's in general..... Just like me hehehehehe. Bring on my own flashed Pogo stick...
Closed Thread