Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #61
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Its not a good buy unless its cheaper than the Polo GTi. They are cheaper than the polo in europe so they should be cheaper here
Old 18-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #62
bman

Polo 26990 + ORC (add 2500 for leather)
XR4 24990 + ORC (add 1750 for leather) (as of today may change)

Also the XR4 will be limited in numbers so do not expect much of a discount much like the undiscountable XR5....

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
Old 18-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #63
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

The XR4 already comes with semi leather standard.. Whats the option then?? Full leather???
Old 18-04-2007, 09:15 PM   #64
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman
Polo 26990 + ORC (add 2500 for leather)
XR4 24990 + ORC (add 1750 for leather) (as of today may change)

Also the XR4 will be limited in numbers so do not expect much of a discount much like the undiscountable XR5....
That's a good price depending on spec levels?
Old 19-04-2007, 01:55 AM   #65
Lplus

Heh, I'm just fascinated to hear what you all think of the XR4 in the flesh.

I like the idea of a white one for the amount of sun you all get, though I wonder how well the top stripes will cope with the heat. Side stripes only perhaps?
Old 19-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #66
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lplus
Heh, I'm just fascinated to hear what you all think of the XR4 in the flesh.

I like the idea of a white one for the amount of sun you all get, though I wonder how well the top stripes will cope with the heat. Side stripes only perhaps?
we dont get side stripes unfortunately... atm my top stripes are fine. had them on now for just about a year....

Old 19-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #67
bman

From my understanding the seats are a leather option....or was a leather option....might be standard now. Ford OZ also wanted to spec it with a 6 sp gear box but it pushed the price too high to be compeditive.

As a side note, the thinking at most Ford dealerships is that this car is arriving too late. Expect alot of advertising around the standard fiesta in the next few months (and a price drop) to reinvigorate interest in the model.

Old 19-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #68
Lplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
we dont get side stripes unfortunately... atm my top stripes are fine. had them on now for just about a year....
Shame about the side stripes, though no doubt the aftermarket boys would provide. As to the top stripes I was thinking of the dark ones in the heat, yours are white.

Quote:
Ford OZ also wanted to spec it with a 6 sp gear box
I don't think the focus 6 speed will fit unfortunately, whatever the cost. Maybe modifications to the IB5 box might allow 6 speeds but there's no prospect of that over here afaik. It could do with a 6th 'overdrive' gear for long distances.

Still, pity the Clio 197 drivers who have 6 gears but apparently their 6th is the same overall ratio as the XR4 5th.
Old 19-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #69
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
From my understanding the seats are a leather option....or was a leather option....might be standard now.
Half leather seats have been standard since the release of the ST, non leather was never an option. The leather price you stated if for Full leather which is a 750pound option in the Uk so priced perfectly here.

Quote:
Ford OZ also wanted to spec it with a 6 sp gear box but it pushed the price too high to be compeditive.
Who ever told you that needs a nappy places around their mouth. Ford don't have a 6speed unit that would fit so if you wanted a 6sp that would mean a $10,000 getrag unit like the St170 not to mention that no car company would ever go through the trouble of re-engineering a car for a market as small as Australia.

The Clio 197 has a 6speed because its peaky torque delivery means it needs to remain in the powerband during gearchanges. The ST on the other hand has a ruler for a torque curve and a 5speed is more than enough.
Old 20-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #70
bman

re-read my post Piotr "Ford OZ also wanted to spec it with a 6 sp gear box but it pushed the price too high to be compeditive"

From the information i have Ford Australia felt that this car is already arriving on OZ behind the competition and wanted to investigate ways of enhancing the car. The biggest complaint around the current Fiesta has been the gear ratio above 100klm/hr. Ford OZ felt that a 6 sp might do the trick. They spec'd it, asked the factory and the factory said yes and it will cost you x amount. Ford oz then picked themselves up off the floor and stuck with the 5sp.......

Mate Ford brazil and columbia have a supercharged version of our much loved fiesta......if ford can make a dollar out of it, then the factory will do what the factory is told.

Old 20-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #71
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I think a 5spd is perfect, but a 6 would be awesome.. I wonder what other ideas ford have thought about bringing to the table?? Maybe finding ways to make it a bit lighter?

I hope some tuning companies are willing to tweak it out for all its worth/potential. (Ford need to find away to overcome the Gti's mod -ability.) Just look at what the UK are doing with em. They have Fiesta Cups and some have been dynoed with over 170hp with minor mods.

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 20-04-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 20-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #72
bman

I dont think there is a demand for companies in OZ to mod the car. The uk has a massive cult following and as a result plenty of mods available.

Old 20-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #73
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

If Ford Australia wanted a 6speed Fiesta ST they would have to firstly bring over several Fiesta ST from overseas and engineer the 6speed gearbox into them (Which would be near impossible due to space) if there was a possibility of a 6speed Team ST would be all over it. Its not a simply matter of bolting a random 6speed and hoping everything works. As before you heard BS

Ford don't care how modable the Polo GTi is. They sell stock cars and if people mod them warranty gets voided, they really couldn't care less
Old 20-04-2007, 05:58 PM   #74
bman

'mods' from third party performance companies....not ford.

Old 20-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #75
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Not to be picky guys,

But it's GTI, not GTi.

GTi is the Peugeot way (and was Suzuki's). GTI is the true GTI - the VW!

:

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 20-04-2007, 06:59 PM   #76
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Not to be picky guys,

But it's GTI, not GTi.

GTi is the Peugeot way (and was Suzuki's). GTI is the true GTI - the VW!

:
Roflcopter @ pickyness. hey whats the story about suzuki not using the GTI name any who.

Old 20-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #77
darkcloud

It's copyrighted/trademarked/etc by VW i suppose?
Old 21-04-2007, 12:09 AM   #78
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

VW
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 21-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #79
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

How is a colt ralliart a ricer????
THat bullshit fiesta is rice with its super gay roof stripes and all.
Also a k&n filter will not give you 21hp on a wheezy n/a 4 pot!!!
Hell you wouldn't even get 21hp increase by changing the filter on an xr6t or even a boss!!!!!!!!! off rant
Old 21-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #80
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Somebody needs a hug.
Old 21-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #81
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

FPVWEPN is correct, claims of huge horse power gains from an air filter are ridiculous..
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 22-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #82
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVWEPN
How is a colt ralliart a ricer????
Also a k&n filter will not give you 21hp on a wheezy n/a 4 pot!!!
Hell you wouldn't even get 21hp increase by changing the filter on an xr6t or even a boss!!!!!!!!! off rant
That was never claimed. While looking back at my post it may seen confusing to someone who doesn't know who Miltek are. I assumed everyone in this section knew who Miltek was.

The 21Hp gain is from Extractors, Catback and K&N.

/rant
Old 22-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #83
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I notice from the above pic posted by "murcod" that the seats still have the "ST" logo on them?
I presume this is going to be changed before the car is actually released here as the "XR4"?...........was this car a rather thrown together quickly effort that was on display at the show or something?

It does look very nice though in white imho, love that front bumper and all the colour coding too, very smart, as of course does the VW Polo GTI in white, very nice with the subtle red colour coding touches, dont think you could go wrong with either car, both have their pluses and minuses.

For the record, I would have to agree with Mitch on this one in regards to his choice of driving the Pulsar to and from work.

He has obviously had a bad experience with some slag keying his new car after all that time of having to save for so long to buy the GTI, near on 30k is a lot of money in anyones language.

It all depends on each individuals circumstances, he says that the car gets driven to work and then spends the rest of the day out in the sun and the elements and obviously open to anyone who wishes to damage it, there's a lot of nasty jealous idiots out there.

In his particular circumstance I would think it perfectly reasonable that he leaves the new VW at home to enjoy on weekends etc and just uses the old Pulsar to get to and from work, as he said it just sits outside all day, he doesn't have to worry about it getting damaged, broken into or even stolen for that matter.

I on the other hand am fortunate enough to be able to drive my Fiesta to and from work each day as once I arrive there the car is locked away in security undercover parking, not open to the elements or idiots with keys.

Do what you think is in the best interest for your circumstances Mitch, it doesn't matter what you do in this life, only one thing is absolutely guaranteed..........."there is always, and I mean always, going to be someone there to try and knock ya down."
Old 22-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #84
rdster
Starter Motor

Quote:
If you wanted ricer, you'd get a Colt Ralliart.
I consider that statement harsh and unfounded.
Some Fez owners could also be Ralliart Colt owners.....
Old 22-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #85
bman

The UK's ST was shipped out to OZ for the Melbourne motor show. The XR4 was not yet ready.

Old 22-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #86
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVWEPN
Just as Much as the GT40 is mate.. you are 100% correct there : ... considering the Fiesta ST stripes concept was taken from the GT40.....
Not to mention the XR5T has similar bodystyling to the Fiesta ST...

Your Definition of R.I.C.E.R needs to be changed bud....

Hasnt the Discussion on this topic ceased when Damo(Mista Fiesta) came to the Conclusion of what he is getting.....come n guys.....End it...

Old 22-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #87
ATSEIF DROF

Test drove both Colt Ralliart aka "little riceburner" & Polo GTI on the weekend, was initially impressed with the acceleration of the Colt & handling fairly good apart from body roll & turbo lag issues, looked great in red, but interior low rent & cheap feeling. Stepping into the Polo GTI was a revelation, acceleration/gearshift/handling/build quality are all top notch, the list of equipment is absolutely stunning/unbeatable for the price. As a daily driver, this is the car you'd want, the ColtR is too compromised as I feel the XR4/ST might be when it arrives. Note: Recaros in the Colt no good for anyone over 85kgs. From the pics the XR4 looks pitched at the boy-racer set, along with the ColtR. Polo GTI aimed at the more mature driver.

WQ Black Ford Fiesta Zetec.
Old 23-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #88
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

ROB thanks for the words of wisdom. Finally someone with some common sense.

Glad you enjoyed the GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSEIF DROF
Test drove both Colt Ralliart aka "little riceburner" & Polo GTI on the weekend, was initially impressed with the acceleration of the Colt & handling fairly good apart from body roll & turbo lag issues, looked great in red, but interior low rent & cheap feeling. Stepping into the Polo GTI was a revelation, acceleration/gearshift/handling/build quality are all top notch, the list of equipment is absolutely stunning/unbeatable for the price. As a daily driver, this is the car you'd want, the ColtR is too compromised as I feel the XR4/ST might be when it arrives. Note: Recaros in the Colt no good for anyone over 85kgs. From the pics the XR4 looks pitched at the boy-racer set, along with the ColtR. Polo GTI aimed at the more mature driver.

WQ Black Ford Fiesta Zetec.

Loads of fun :
Old 23-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #89
rdster
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATSEIF DROF
I agree with the cheap look interior, however the Ralliart Colt as a driver's car is hard to beat.Don't take my word for it,have a look at the 2006 Motor magazine 'Bang For Your Bucks' write up.The Ralliart Colt was placed 5th outright, the Polo GTi was placed 18th. Back then, the Ralliart Colt was priced at $29990 + ORC. now they are $26990 driveaway!
Old 23-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #90
FPVWEPN
Team Urinal Cake Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
Just as Much as the GT40 is mate.. you are 100% correct there : ... considering the Fiesta ST stripes concept was taken from the GT40.....
Not to mention the XR5T has similar bodystyling to the Fiesta ST...

Your Definition of R.I.C.E.R needs to be changed bud....

Hasnt the Discussion on this topic ceased when Damo(Mista Fiesta) came to the Conclusion of what he is getting.....come n guys.....End it...
Super gay on a fiesta not a car that has almost4 times the power output!!
Closed Thread