Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"
Default Lamborghini Veneno - 3 made, all sold

I pinched these from another forum

Lambo said that they were doing more special edition stuff. And this is one of them. Central fin seems very LM endurance inspired.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/04/l...o-geneva-2013/

While yesterday's and today's leaks of the 2013 Lamborghini Veneno took some of the mystery out of this 50th-anniversary hypercar, the exotic, street-legal racecar is no less exciting. Now with the official announcement, we get more details about what three lucky people on Earth will get to experience.

The Veneno is named after one of the fastest and strongest fighting bulls ever.

As we suspected, the Veneno name follows the Lamborghini tradition of naming its cars after famous fighting bulls, and this new Aventador-based hypercar is named after one of the fastest and strongest fighting bulls ever, a bull that gained recognition back in 1914 for killing a matador. To match its name, the Veneno gets its strength from Lamborghini's 6.5-liter V12 producing 750 horsepower and tops out at 220 miles per hour.

To keep the weight down, the Veneno features extensive use of carbon-fiber reinforced polymer, including the entire tub and all exterior parts. The importance of weight reduction is even apparent by patented materials like the Forged Composite to make the seats and the CarbonSkin fabric material used on the seats and headliner.

Production is limited to just three units, with each one going for $3.9 million.

Looking even more evil than the recently announced Gallardo GT3 FL2, the unconventional design of the Veneno primarily optimizes aerodynamics, including the front splitter, rear diffuser, massive rear wing and a shark-like fin running along the spine of the roof. There are still some noticeable Lamborghini cues built into the Veneno, though, like the scissor doors and Y-shaped headlights and taillights. One of the more interesting styling elements is the asymmetrical shape of the wheel openings.

The car you see here, Lamborghini's test vehicle, is model number 0 and the only one that will be finished in this new gray metallic color and feature all of the colors of the Italian flag (green, red and white) as accents. The three customer cars, however, will each be finished in either green, red or white, thus making all three unique, as well as patriotic.

As we mentioned, production will be limited to just three units, with each one going for three million euros, which currently converts to around $3.9 million US, and Lamborghini confirms that all three have already been spoken for.

Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default Re: Lamborghini Veneno - 3 made, all sold

sorry that's a horrible looking car....I mean start at the wheel arches and theres no need to go any further
and I like lambos
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #3
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

I love it, plenty of character.
Imagine driving one of these around.....mmm if only.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats one crazy looking car...looks like something out of a need for speed game though
Old 06-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #5
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

I like it.....I wonder how it goes around a track?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

amazing looking car, batman inspired?
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #7
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

yuck
what the hell is with that front end?!
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post5256466
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #8
distortion

3 million euros, or 104810349014198240395 Zimbabwian dollars...
distortion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
MAD
Petro-sexual

For a 'street legal race car' as they are calling it, I think the styling suits just fine.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What are the chances even with the radical styling it still gets its *** handed to it by the McLaren P1 and LaFerrari.
Mighty Reds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #11
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Reds View Post
What are the chances even with the radical styling it still gets its *** handed to it by the McLaren P1 and LaFerrari.
It should. Both of those are making between 150-200 hp more.
stevanford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Looks tuff but I dont think i cold even get it up my driveway without killing the front, rear and side skirts. Never mind driving it on Adelaide roads!! Would be fun on a track i would imagine!!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #13
distortion

Kind of sad that McLaren, Ferrari and Lambo all can't produce a car faster than the Veyron (which I hate with a passion, mostly due to the styling).

I was really hoping that the LaFerrari would take out Bugatti as the fastest production road car!
distortion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #14
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All it needs is a hover conversion.

I don't mind it. It looks very aggressive, but I can see the fancy carbon fibre and fibreglass bodykit getting slaughtered by Aussie roads.

You'd have to live in Europe.
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Compared to the Ferrari and the McLaren you get the idea that this was done (relatively) on the cheap. I reckon the 1st buyer got the red one and the 2nd buyer got the white one.

Congratulations on Lamborghini for doing "production" show cars on "old" bones. Revention-Sesto Elemento-Aventador J, etc.

VW owns Audi, Lambo and Porsche. The styling is a little bit Audi R18 derived. McLaren P1 , Ferrari LaFerrari and the forthcoming Porsche 918 are the new generation of hybrid hypercars but there are rumours that Audi is going to try and make a car above the R8 V10 with the engine being a hybrid performance diesel to tie in to there successful LeMans program.

Bug Veyron has the highest Vmax? I don't care. It's won't be the fastest production car forever (Koenigsegg and Shelby SSC are around there) and the idea of getting a Mazda RX8 sized car to weigh 2000kg+ is SO wrong. Replace the wheels after 4 tyre changes, getting the car to crack a high speed after the styling is frozen and other stuff just seems so ***-backwards to me. Rumours of the followup sedan (or anything else) have gone suspiciously quiet.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #16
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

See what happens when you let the kids loose with the crayon set and tell them they aren't allowed to use curves.

It is obviously exclusive and expensive which basically proves that money and common sense don't necessarily go together.

Let's see - one of these and spend your entire life explaining to people that beauty is really only skin deep or 7 Jaguar XKR-S' (one for each day of the week) and $1.2 million in change.

Cheers
Russ

Know which I'd choose.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #17
Uwish

A guy on Lambo Power Forums is an owner of ONE of Three.
He has been offered double what he paid already.
The car is unbelievable...in a good way. A real road race car.

Should give the Big Mac and Prancing Pony a run for their money.
Uwish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post