Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #31
3vXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek
So, in all your knowledge, what would be the ULTIMATE deterrent to prevent future cases as much as possible?

Sounds like you're just trying to find something else to criticise here...

As simplistic as the idea I personally suggested is, it has its positives, yes?

To also add to this, rather than have him rotting in jail at our expense, it would be more efficient to remove him from the picture than waste said years on him. Cold? yes. Callous? yes. Punishment befitting of the crime? Most definitely.

I'll acknowledge that the idea suggested is simplistic, however, I'd think there'd be nothing more extreme and deserving than it, in this case.
Just because its simple doesn't mean its a bad idea but I don't think killing the bad guys has any positives (other than the guarantee that those particular bad guys won't hurt anyone again but that isn't really the problem).

Honestly, I don't have a specific solution. If I did then there would be no violence in the world and I'd be earth's ruler and we'd all live happily ever after

I didn't once suggest that some people don't deserve some of the primitive punishments narrow minded people want to throw out there (that's another separate argument), just that it will have no effect on the ones that will commit the same crimes in the future.

What is more important, the satisfaction from hurting or killing one of these bad guys or stopping the next bad guy from following in their footsteps and committing the same offences?

People everywhere (but on here especially for some reason) get all angry and emotional whenever something like this happens and while I can understand that response, I don't understand why they don't think about the big picture. Like I said, reactive vs proactive.

Also, I have to admit I've been lolling a bit at the irony of the quote in your signature - "It's not what someone does, it's why they do it that really matters. And that's what you should judge 'em for."
I couldn't agree more
3vXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post