Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #31
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I felt strongly enough to send an email to summernats people about not enough room in h/heroes stand, burnout pad and those stoopid fugn mexican hats. I also told em what an awsome evevt it was and what a legend Chic Henry and his team are. Credit where credit is due.
Old 17-01-2005, 02:45 PM   #32
loxxr6
XB in parts...

I felt strongly enough to send an email to summernats people about not enough room in h/heroes stand, burnout pad and those stoopid fugn mexican hats.

The hats suck for people behind you but the first year I ever bought one it saved my **** from being sunburnt pretty bad. This year I wore a Ford/CAT hat instead.

The amount of space in the horsepower heroes wasn't enough. Its such a popular event.

I reckon there was enough space in the burnout area tho. More elevated seating would have made it better eg stands on both sides.

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #33
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fire
Hi Discovery,

Hopefully you can shed some light on something I've always wondered about Summernats scrutineering. How many cars get turned away at the gate for not being of a high enough standard, & how exactly is this determined? I would have assumed that the details required on the entry form would be enough to judge whether a car was worthy of entry. Do these people bring different cars to those they entered?

Please don't think this is a dig at you guys as I think you do an outstanding job.

Cheers
Matt
Hi Matt,

To answer your question, not a lot are turned away with no room for discussion. Some are however, and they are often the ones who send photos and say the vehicle is unfinished but when it gets to the event it isn't of a high enough standard, or doesn't meet saftey requirements. Don't be fooled by some of the plain looking vehicles that get through, often they have a powerplant under the bonnet or a stereo system that would put a lot of others to shame. Scrutineers respect that the cars are the owners pride and joy and don't discriminate. If the car is obviously dangerous, or does not meet simple safety regulations, the owner is offered the chance to fix these problems and present the vehicle again. Borderline cars are more likely to be given a restricted entry (only allowed to cruise at certain times etc) than be refused outright. Owners of cars such as these are encouraged to complete more work during the coming year and re-enter. We do see a lot of these cars come back through and yes, we do remember what was suggested and if the owner fails to complete more work they will be refused entry on the vehicle. First time entrants are often given an easier time as they are usually not aware of the standard required. Late entrants (of which we receive a couple of hundred each year at the event) are told to have their cars assessed and passed by a scrutineer before handing over any money to ensure they aren't spending money on a vehicle which will be knocked back.

And finally.. those who are knocked back point blank are offered options such as transferring the entry to another vehicle, or on site parking if they are camping on the grounds.

I hope this answers your question. Oh, and some of the photos we see of cars, compared to the actual vehicle (!!!) some people must have veery fancy cameras, or be very good at photoshopping out defects!

-Felicity
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 03:04 PM   #34
Yellow Fire
Cleveland Powered

Thank you very much for that Felicity. You're right I often do notice a lot of "plain looking" cars there every year but as you said they usually have the hardware out of sight
Yellow Fire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2005, 03:11 PM   #35
big_pete
Sublime

this year's nats was probably the best organised in ages. after last years security effort i was tempted not to go back for my 11th year. however i thought it was handled quite well.

there was a real good mix of cars, and the ******** factor was down.

all i want to know is who won the burnouts???
i know matt abood won the master class, but i didnt get to see the end of the normal class. who won?
Old 17-01-2005, 07:19 PM   #36
TCK-098

This year would have to one of the quietest that ive been to since 95 even though my mates killed their tyres on Saturdays night but next year looks like ill be going to Phillip island for that rod show as after going the last 8 years it seams the same cars and same crap each year. :eclipsee_
Old 19-01-2005, 12:02 PM   #37
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

New highlight for me.. I just received an unexpected parcel from Chic which had a special trophy in it for me *sniff* I am now formally recognised as a "Valued Official"

Awwww it's nice to be given recognition for your work. The letter that accompanied the award was absolutely beautiful
Discovery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post