Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-01-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Question Anyone used one of these?

I know they sound dodgy, but has anyone used one of these Hiclone devices in their car. I would just about do anything to get better fuel economy but I reckon it's probably a scam. Check them out http://www.fuelsaver.com.au/
Old 18-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
I know they sound dodgy, but has anyone used one of these Hiclone devices in their car. I would just about do anything to get better fuel economy but I reckon it's probably a scam. Check them out http://www.fuelsaver.com.au/
Well if no one else has used it here, how about you go out and test it for us and tell us how you go with it... :gren:
Old 18-01-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv619
Well if no one else has used it here, how about you go out and test it for us and tell us how you go with it... :gren:
Thats what I think I will do, but I might wait a few days so everyone can get a look at this thread.
Old 19-01-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I have always wanted to try these, not really because of fuel economy, because thats not really an issue because i have a fiesta! :P
But because they claim a good power increase, but when you consider it, they are like 160 bucks each, and to get good results u need two of them, thats over 300 bucks you could put towards a good exhaust. So it seems a little to overpriced for the benefits you get. but let us know how it goes.
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 04:22 PM   #5
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Will do, just waiting on the next paycheck!
Old 19-01-2005, 04:25 PM   #6
d_slayer

I have used the hiclone on my old telstar it did do a little but not mush the best i seen was about an extra 40km to the tank highway driving.. and I used the magnet one on the fuel like on my old ea and it didn't do anything...
Old 19-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #7
cookie_thief23
Lazy bum

mickyB: just to be accurate we expect before and after dyno's and a decent road test say 1000km:P

d_slayer: did u dyno before and after? or was it just the feel of driving from seat of pants?

Last edited by cookie_thief23; 19-01-2005 at 04:48 PM.
cookie_thief23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 04:48 PM   #8
d_slayer

no just the feel but i was in it for the fuel
Old 19-01-2005, 05:11 PM   #9
cookie_thief23
Lazy bum

http://forums.overlander.com.au/view...r=asc&start=15 there is some reading, appears to not really work (bottom of that page a dude reckons he dyno his truck) seems like ur better off spending 160 bux on air filter/exhaust mod.
d_slayer: u say u got 40km more with the hiclone on the highway, is this compared to city driving without the hiclone or compared to highway driving without the hiclone?
cookie_thief23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 06:53 PM   #10
d_slayer

highway and same speed and road.. just different time of day as it can get hot during the middle of the day
Old 19-01-2005, 06:58 PM   #11
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Sorry, they look like a genuine rip off to me. But I will sell you an xdc351® Air Filter Bypass Superaspirator™ Pat. Pending for only $100 if you have money to burn

Last edited by xdc351; 19-01-2005 at 07:07 PM.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 07:58 PM   #12
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

If they were really that good, some car maker would have bought them out big time. Car makers are spending big $$$ in trying to make their cars more fuel efficient. If they could improve things by the amount the manufacturer states for only a few bucks, I'm sure they'd be using it.
Old 19-01-2005, 08:15 PM   #13
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

ill double your fuel economy for $120......$60 in my pocket and the other $60 ill buy you a full tank .... easy money.....
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 02:16 AM   #14
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

hahah, yes I am becoming more and more doubtful as every day goes by. I wanna know if they work, yet I don't know if I wanna shell out $280 to find out. d_slayer, you go a fair way to convincing me that I should just spend my money on some decent extractors, yet for some reason I would like this thing to work. I guess the only was is for me to get off my a$$ and get them fitted.
Old 20-01-2005, 02:21 AM   #15
d_slayer

From memory I only payed like $180 for mine but i think you would have to do around 30000km to even look like getting anywhere near your money back on the hiclone.. I would go the extractors and a good 2 1/2 system .. but I will say Unifilters do a fair bit on my ea.. don't know about k and n tho as I haven't had one but the foam ones do alot for the top end pickup
Old 20-01-2005, 02:25 AM   #16
d_slayer

but by all means get one and give it a go would like to see if it does work on a injectered car and please let us know... as all comments are of my optiuon and I am known to be wrong..