Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-05-2006, 01:34 AM   #31
0xyg3n

Its not on just the WQ my WP looks similar to that from what I can see in the dark. matches the colour of my car lol :P
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 03:37 AM   #32
jmc-007

hrrm looking at that photo. good luck trying to get the tie rod end bolt off.

That is the start of corosion. i would keep the photos. just incase anything happens.

would it be worth putting that rust converter or inhibitor on it.
jmc-007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #33
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Surface Rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
Its not on just the WQ my WP looks similar to that from what I can see in the dark. matches the colour of my car lol :P

Now thats what i call Colour Coded ! :sm_headba

Oh and in regards to falcons and the disks they have in between the wheel and the actual disk brake.. I thought they were brake dust stoppers?
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 12:18 PM   #34
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Surface Rust

Here is a picture i just took...

O.K all you smart a$$ people out there, before you comment the car had JUST been washed... hence the RUST on the surface of the disk. ing_sm

As you can see rust is pretty much kept to the cast iron parts, all the bolts and connecting bits and pieces are all in great condition.

Please note, car purchased oct 04.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 06-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #35
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry

Here are a couple of pics I just took of my WQ Zetec, remember this car is brand new, the build date on the stamp is December 05 and the Oz compliance sticker is February 06, what do you all think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rust 1.JPG (130.7 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Rust 2.JPG (132.3 KB, 105 views)
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 04:43 PM   #36
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Surface Rust

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Here are a couple of pics I just took of my WQ Zetec, remember this car is brand new, the build date on the stamp is December 05 and the Oz compliance sticker is February 06, what do you all think?

If i were you i would be very ****ed off.

Compare your picture to my picture..... id be back to the dealer asking them to do something about it.
And with joshes car, it looks like those bolts are actually going to really start losing strength, id take it to ford and get em to sort it out under warranty... and make sure they use stainless superhigh tensile

Loads of fun :
Old 06-05-2006, 04:58 PM   #37
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Oh and in regards to falcons and the disks they have in between the wheel and the actual disk brake.. I thought they were brake dust stoppers?
Nope..to hide the rust.

pretty sure BF's dont have it now as they deleted it for a cost save.

That rust is actually worse than I thought it might be. Id be taking it back for sure.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #38
0xyg3n

Quote:
Dam thats a better orange colour then mine. I'll swap your parts for mine that would match the paint better on mine :P
Old 06-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #39
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
I was told that build and compliance years had to be the same as of 2006 used: used:

As for the rust - I don't remember my Fiesta having that... but I might be wrong. Does it affect the car in anyway? Apart from looking crap...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 08:18 PM   #40
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No Teki04, doesn't seem to affect the car at all...........yet!!, but who knows 6 or 12 months down the track, wouldn't want to be driving down the highway at 100km/h and one of the components gives way, have had the car back to the dealer........the standard line is that Ford are not willing to do anything about the rust, and I quote "it is in normal limitations for this vehicle"...........I have found Ford to be completely uninterested and of no help at all, no idea about the build and compliance dates needing to be in the same year, haven't heard about that.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:26 PM   #41
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
Dam thats a better orange colour then mine. I'll swap your parts for mine that would match the paint better on mine :P
It really is a pretty damn near perfect colour match to your Tango Zetec....lol
Old 06-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #42
Fez WQ

I think the blokes that got it off the boat washed it with cheap car wash (detergent) and a few days by the sea and you have rust. I bet a high pressure cleaner has just removed any protection it should have. My panit protection company that coated my 06 fez said always wash your car with good stuff and ever so often put a cup full of kero in the water and that will stop the rust. As my old WP has rust sopts all over it, he also told me that most cars that come from overseas have surface rust in exposed areas and to do a kero wash when you get one to re seal any exposed metal parts. eg your pics.
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #43
scooby

I didn't see the rust on mine until I put alloy wheels on..kinda freaked me out, i've owned heaps of different cars and never seen that before, glad I'm not the only one though.
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 08:28 PM   #44
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby
I didn't see the rust on mine until I put alloy wheels on..kinda freaked me out, i've owned heaps of different cars and never seen that before, glad I'm not the only one though.
Yea, freaked me out as well Scooby when I first saw it, my cars nearly a year old now and touch wood nothing's fallen off yet........"fingers crossed!!"

I still think it's a bit rude of Ford to send the Fiesta's out like that though, still maintain it's not right.......wonder if the XR4's will be the same?
Old 25-03-2007, 01:11 PM   #45
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

Default 07 ZETEC same rust

Hi,

Had a look at my ZETEC today, same rust. I sprayed it all with Lanotec messy stuff but it will stop it from rusting more. pics attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg left side after.jpg (118.9 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg left side before.jpg (121.6 KB, 92 views)
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #46
fryad
Starter Motor

Hey golden. I've got it too in my Zetec (3 months old). What's Lanotec and where do you get it?
fryad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #47
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryad
Hey golden. I've got it too in my Zetec (3 months old). What's Lanotec and where do you get it?
I think supercheap sell it, it's got lanolin (oil in wool) in it. stops rust and seals it. it's an excellent lubricant as well.

cheers
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #48
Whopper
07Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
Rob, is yours a Zetec? I have a WP LX and that will do 3000rpm @ 100kph. It might be the shorter gearbox.

A 6th gear would be great on the highway, making the 5th gear taller would mean losing a lot of torque for climbing even modest hills. At the same time a 6 speed in a light car is somewhat unprecedented.
I like to keep it just the way it is. I just came down from the Great Ocean Road today and i'm very happy when overtaking slow traffic. My new LX goes quickly from 100kph to 130kph when overtaking other road users driving at a speed of 99kph. I also found that while driving in hills, i could stay mostly in 5th gear.

To make sure i remain on topic, i will check the LX for rust tomorrow.

Regards,

Rob
Whopper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #49
Whopper
07Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whopper
To make sure i remain on topic, i will check the LX for rust tomorrow.

Regards,

Rob
Checked her and i too have rust, but not that much. I would like it better if there was none, but i'm not worried about it.

Regards,

Rob
Whopper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #50
0xyg3n

Well I've done 93,000+K's since June 04 and nothing has broken on my car so I think your all worryed about nothing.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #51
bman

agree
bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #52
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just checked mine. a WP JAN 05 Build LX. no rust in the areas photographed by FF members. Couls it be a miss by the factory in quality control ????
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #53
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel that the "problem" is more common on WQ Fiestas. No biggie though.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post