Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
redbird01
Starter Motor

Default Driveaway Price on New Fiesta

I am looking at getting one of the New Fiesta's and I was just wondering what everyone was paying for drive away. Just so i can get an idea on what I should be paying.

redbird01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

18800 LX Manual with tint before price rise.

Last edited by golden; 11-04-2009 at 08:56 PM.
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
PLAYRZ

The Mrs just pick up her CL auto 5dr with scuff plates, mats & tint for $20795 drive away.
PLAYRZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
killer_taxi

3 door Zetec in Cedar with Manual.
Premium velour carpet mats - Front.
Premium velour carpet mats - Rear.
Rubber anti-slip mat.
Alloy sports pedals.
Illuminated gear lever knob.
Paint protection.

$21,716.55 Drive away. Got to wait till June for delivery. :(
killer_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden
18800 LX Manual with tint before price rise.
Golden is that drive away price? If so wow. We ordered an LX mid Feb and did get that price little bit more. Only difference is we got Rear parking sensors put on and Premium carpet mats front/rear thrown in.

Still waiting.........grrrrr
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

yep drive away - order early feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
Golden is that drive away price? If so wow. We ordered an LX mid Feb and did get that price little bit more. Only difference is we got Rear parking sensors put on and Premium carpet mats front/rear thrown in.

Still waiting.........grrrrr
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #7
wsfiesta
Starter Motor

17000 3 door manual with paint. That was mid january.
wsfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
G6ETurboChick
Starter Motor

We ordered Red 5dr LX with Safety Pack; price $22,380. Ordered in late Feb-June/July delivery.
Tinted Windows
Black Leather seats
Reverse Camera
6 Stacker CD Player
Mighty Fast!!
And We Love It!!
Aint Wheels Car of the Year for nothin'!

2009 Fiesta Red LX 5door - on order!
G6ETurboChick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden
yep drive away - order early feb
Yep that’s a very good price.

I was told by the dealer not to say or post our price as they may get into trouble off Ford. After reading others pricing that some have a better deal here goes.

We payed $20,400 with rear parking sensors.
Old 13-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
Fiesta Freak
Starter Motor

5 door Zetec Man in Moondust Silver
+ Carpet Mats
+ Headlight covers
+ ipod Cable
+ Weathershields

$22,372 on the road. Ordered 4/11, delivered 9/11 :
Fiesta Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #11
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

5 Door Moondust Silver Zetec pre price rise $21,900 (1000 off retail) could have got $21,600 at a another non local dealer but both dealers were not going any lower, they were allready nervious looking at those prices
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
I was told by the dealer not to say or post our price as they may get into trouble off Ford.
That would be illegal - Ford can't force him to set any price, they just set a recommended Retail Price and the final sale price is entirely at the discretion of the Dealer, naturally subject to what it actually costs him. The Dealer is legally entitled to sell it for $1 if he wishes...
Old 14-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #13
Zetec82
Starter Motor

I paid $22500 for a Black 3dr Zetec. No options. Thought I had a great deal. Seems like some of you have negotiated slightly more successfully.
Zetec82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #14
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Bad news, went into the dealership today to hand over some details. My sales rep said Car not arriving until mid May now. 2-3 extra weeks..Shattered. Maybe I should hit them up for a free Paint protection or headlight protectors?? Think its worth a try?
Old 14-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #15
wsfiesta
Starter Motor

You may aswell, no harm in asking. Whether they give it to you or not is another story
wsfiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #16
zetec
Zoom Zoom

You can always try, but in the end it's out of their control when the car arrives. They rely on Ford to supply,. who give them the first available car not owned by another Dealer.
Old 15-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I to was thinking of hitting my dealer up for some goodies only because we get told March/April then about 3 weeks ago we told end of April and yesterday told early June. Come on!

I would rather be told May/June in the first place and if it arrivals early it's a bonus.

Since we have two little children thinking of asking for a roof mounted DVD system. Can only ask.
Old 15-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #18
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I can assure you they're doing their best, everyone's screaming for Fiestas at the moment and it wouldn't be the Dealer's fault that it has taken so long - however - it would be their fault to have promised March in the first place.
Old 15-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #19
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It isn't the dealers Fault on the delay of the New Fiesta's. The New Fiesta is in hot demand at the moment.

As I've said I'll rather be told a later date than keep getting told "NO at least another month" time and time again. Think this is what is Pi55ing others off the most. My 2 cents

Back to the thread topic - there sure is some goods low prices happening.
Old 15-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #20
killer_taxi

Everyone seems to be getting told something different on delivery dates. From what I'm aware, the next shipment of Fiestas for Australia are going to be May built cars. So I'm guessing late June deliveries at best.
Theses delivery times are not directly due to the demand for the new Fiesta, but the limited amount allocated to Australia. I believe there has only been two shipments of Fiestas since its release. One being the original shipment of 2008 built cars, and a other with limited colours. I'd expect things to change when the factory in Thailand starts up.
killer_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #21
Zetec82
Starter Motor

I can tell you now there is no chance I'm going to wear a June delivery. I was told 12 weeks at worst (and even then I was hesitant about signing a contract), and mine will be approx 13-14 weeks when it arrives mid may. I will take things further if I have spent 3 months of my life under the premise of a lie which as Black betty has mentioned is both annoying and false economy.
Old 16-04-2009, 11:59 PM   #22
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_taxi
Theses delivery times are not directly due to the demand for the new Fiesta, but the limited amount allocated to Australia.
That is still impacted by demand .....

Quote:
I believe there has only been two shipments of Fiestas since its release. One being the original shipment of 2008 built cars, and a other with limited colours. I'd expect things to change when the factory in Thailand starts up.
I'm aware of at least four....(we got ours on the third shipment and the first bunch of Zetecs for sale to the public)).
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2009, 04:10 AM   #23
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We were promised 2-3 weeks max when my wife wanted one near release day. After calling around talk to a few slightly more in the know and perhaps more honest dealers I soon realised that there was no chance for one in a colour of your choice ariving before May. What it took was my wife (highly strung Spanard lol) walking into the local dealer screaming and abusing everyone about lieing to her, gave them an ultimatum, get me a Zetec by the weekend or I'm going straight to Holden and buying an Astra. This all happened on a Wednesday? anyway they got her a Silver one the next Monday and there's been pretty much none available to anyone else ever since.

There was a bus crashed across the highway tonight so it's all closed down, the detour was up a smalled heavily corragated limestone road. My advice, do not drive the Fiesta down such roads it really doesn't like it. It's like driving an ironing board at 300km/h around a motorcross track

Last edited by greenfoam; 17-04-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Old 17-04-2009, 07:14 AM   #24
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam

There was a bus crashed across the highway tonight so it's all closed down, the detour was up a smalled heavily corragated limestone road. My advice, do not drive the Fiesta down such roads it really doesn't like it. It's like driving an ironing board at 300km/h around a motorcross track
There is something worn with the suspension on yours mate ???

We took the Zetec up the gravel/dirt road to Hillend. It is a shocker of a road at the moment (big corrugations, rocks, holes, ruts).

The Zetec did it no problem and was very comfortable.

I'd get yours into the dealer and have the suspension checked, doesn't sound right (based on other comments you have made).
Old 17-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #25
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dunno there doesn't seem anything wrong with it, it's a great car, just happens to have springs that are too stiff for bush driving. My idea of a rough road and your idea are probably not the same. Id be talking 5-7cm high corregations on the limestone road we took it up, you can't really expect a car with low profile tyres and stiff suspension to do that. Just didn't have an option yesterday
Old 23-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #26
longjohn1987
Starter Motor

I dont understand the huge pricing difference? I ordered a 5dr Zetec in Vision with mats, tint etc. and im paying a good 2k more than some of the prices on here :( i realistically got about 1k off the retail.
would the on road costs be more per state? for eg. im from QLD.
longjohn1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #27
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah it also comes down to where you live. I live in country NSW and it's cheaper for me than someone who's lives in Sydney.

Don't no why this is but it does.
Old 23-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #28
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Also depends on where the dealerships are at with their quotas. Not sure about Ford but I know others have a quota period and if they get close to the end of the period with volume still unmet they can do better deals to move their assigned volume.

Also, new car prices are firming up again now with the impact of the economic downturn is well in place.
Old 23-04-2009, 09:05 PM   #29
lost sangroper
Starter Motor

Its hard to know the price at the moment. I negociated $22500 on the road for 5 door zetec but ended up not getting it then. I spoke to a dealer today and they said they were told not to give any discount because orders are backlogged to August/September. I have actually ordered one for May delivery but because thier recolletion of the price and mine are different I probably won't get it. $26700 5 door zetec with paint protection.(That is what they are saying now.)
lost sangroper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #30
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Long John, I have ordered a 3dr Zetec in Brisbane for 22500. No options. Went to ford spare parts and bought the mats and ipod adaptor for 120 bucks. I was pretty happy with the price in Feb when I ordered it. When I was offering money on it I just suggested what I would actually want to pay for the car and he took took the offer. It's that they don't just agree on a fair price for everyone.