Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-05-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
WASP
Whipple Induced

Default FIESTY Black Zetec

I was delighted to collect my wife’s new birthday present today after ordering it back in Feb. She was expecting the vision blue with the grey interior, but I decided to surprise her with a black one with her favourite Berry coloured interior. Custom plates say FIESTY :newangel:

After 3 years of great service from her LS Focus Zetec I was little nervous about getting her the smaller Fiesta Zetec as she wanted an even smaller car (she’s only 5ft tall ) and an auto. My fears were laid to rest today as it’s everything the LS Focus was and more with the small exception of outright power.

It really is a great little car, very cool to look at and handles extremely well with the optional 17” wheels. It took a while to get used to steering feeling being so light when going slowly, but it firms up beautifully as your speed increases. Clocked up 100kms today and we look forward to adding some more soon.

I'll take some more shots over the weekend.

Colville

Old 22-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
Zetec Dave

Congrats mate. Hope your wife loves it and loves you even more. Women just love surprises. Wish I was in your shoes right now cause my wife's been bugging me about the cars delivery date cause it been delayed etc etc etc...Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it. Nice rims too. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the dealer charge for those wheels? Was it as swap over or complete option where you keep your original wheels?
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks awesome Colville. The Twin to my missus' zetec, bar the wheels and tranny. Gotta love it in black, with that aggressive front end
pitpal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #4
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Congrats mate. Hope your wife loves it and loves you even more. Women just love surprises. Wish I was in your shoes right now cause my wife's been bugging me about the cars delivery date cause it been delayed etc etc etc...Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it. Nice rims too. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the dealer charge for those wheels? Was it as swap over or complete option where you keep your original wheels?
Thanks Dave, they sure do love surprises! She told me today that from now on she doesn't want me to tell her anything about what car I'm getting her next. Just surprise her!! Mmm, makes me wonder how she will react to a Mustang GT500 ..lol:Up_to_som

I know the wait is long and can be frustrating. My dealer made this wait much easier by providing us free of charge with a loan Focus for the entire time we were waiting for delivery of the Fiesta. This was required as I sold her last Focus Zetec within weeks of advertising for it privately surprisingly. I did buy FG XR6T a few months back from them along with many other cars so they do look after me.

The 17" rims/tyres & steering rack kit was a $1800 changeover for the factory 16" wheels/tyres. I'm not sure if that is good or not, but it appeared consistant with a few other dealers.

Colville
Old 23-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #5
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpal
Looks awesome Colville. The Twin to my missus' zetec, bar the wheels and tranny. Gotta love it in black, with that aggressive front end
I have to say I love the black to, it's just looks stunning..clean of course. Ask me in a few months time during winter and I might give you a different answer :

I would have loved to get the manual for her, but she spends 80% of her time driving the kids in peak hour traffic, hence she was totally over changing gears in her last Focus and wanted an auto.

Colville
Old 23-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #6
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Thanks Dave, they sure do love surprises! She told me today that from now on she doesn't want me to tell her anything about what car I'm getting her next. Just surprise her!! Mmm, makes me wonder how she will react to a Mustang GT500 ..lol:Up_to_som

I know the wait is long and can be frustrating. My dealer made this wait much easier by providing us free of charge with a loan Focus for the entire time we were waiting for delivery of the Fiesta. This was required as I sold her last Focus Zetec within weeks of advertising for it privately surprisingly. I did buy FG XR6T a few months back from them along with many other cars so they do look after me.

The 17" rims/tyres & steering rack kit was a $1800 changeover for the factory 16" wheels/tyres. I'm not sure if that is good or not, but it appeared consistant with a few other dealers.

Colville
GT500 eh? Hmmm sounds more like a toy for yourself than for your wife. LOL. Thanks for the price of the wheels. Might consider it. Mind me asking what brand and spec are the tyres that came with the upgraded wheels? Just want to get an idea so I know what i'm dealing with if I do opt for the upgrade. Cheers in advance mate.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #7
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

WOW........black really looks hot. The only thing left is the windows (black). Also nice pick with the number plate too.

Question - When you opt for the bigger wheels did you get to keep the original wheels from the dealer?

Hope the wife enjoys the car CDAA it's bloody beautiful.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #8
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Congrats to the wifey on the new car - looks great.

The chrome on black looks good.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks great, It must look even nicer on the inside with that interior . It's also my favorite. Very much suits a brunette girl pity my wife wouldn't wait for one really but we needed the car
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
WOW........black really looks hot. The only thing left is the windows (black). Also nice pick with the number plate too.

Question - When you opt for the bigger wheels did you get to keep the original wheels from the dealer?

Hope the wife enjoys the car CDAA it's bloody beautiful.
Thanks Black_Betty. You can't really see it in that shot that well, but the windows are actually tinted. In SA the laws on tinting are much stricter than other states so the dealers can't legally fit tinit that looks very dark. You used to regardless, until the police starting coming into yards and defecting all the cars.

When you opt for the bigger wheels, they use your standard wheels as a changeover so you don't get to keep them. If you wanted to you can, but the optional factory 17" wheels & tyres will cost you more. How much so I'm not too sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
Very much suits a brunette girl
Certainly does mate, she really loves it and so do I with her in it
Old 23-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #11
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
GT500 eh? Hmmm sounds more like a toy for yourself than for your wife. LOL. Thanks for the price of the wheels. Might consider it. Mind me asking what brand and spec are the tyres that came with the upgraded wheels? Just want to get an idea so I know what i'm dealing with if I do opt for the upgrade. Cheers in advance mate.
No worries Dave. The tyres are 205/40 R17 Blue Streak 'Stiletto's'! (of course..lol)
Old 23-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks Black_Betty. You can't really see it in that shot that well, but the windows are actually tinted. In SA the laws on tinting are much stricter than other states so the dealers can't legally fit tinit that looks very dark. You used to regardless, until the police starting coming into yards and defecting all the cars.

When you opt for the bigger wheels, they use your standard wheels as a changeover so you don't get to keep them. If you wanted to you can, but the optional factory 17" wheels & tyres will cost you more. How much so I'm not too sure.

Certainly does mate, she really loves it and so do I with her in it
Oh I do see it now. Bloody Government and there laws. I wasn't sure about the opt wheels, anyway they sure stand out.

Looks great, showed the wife and she loved it. Also p*ssed off that you got your car and we're still waiting. Had to show her was very funny.
Old 24-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #13
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Looks great! i might have to keep an eye out for a set of those optional 17" wheels.
Old 24-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #14
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Looks the goods, the Panther Black and 17s are a good combination.
Old 24-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #15
Lowndes2b1
Craig Lowndes'#1Supporter

That looks great!!

I have one on order, approx delivery date is July. They did offer me one in Squeeze which is being delivered next week, but there is no way I would change the colour, whatever the wait. After seeing the above pic, it is going to be so worth the wait!!

Col, if possible could you post a pic of the interior?? I have seen a small sample pic of the cherry colour interior and loved it, but would love to see what it looks like in the car.

Cheers
Mel

Last edited by Lowndes2b1; 24-05-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Lowndes2b1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #16
WASP
Whipple Induced

Thanks guys. Mel, it was dark and raining the entire weekend so I didn't manage to get any more pictures. I'll take a picture for you during the week and post it up. The berry/cherry coloured inserts look fantastic so hold out if you can

Colville
Old 25-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #17
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Very Nice Colville, same model as what my GF wants.

Might be seriously looking at an Auto one of these later this year, will be interisting to see what you think of it as time goes on.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 12:51 AM   #18
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks bloody nice Colville

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #19
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

lost for words...absolutely blown away,great choice.Very good taste
Old 25-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #20
WASP
Whipple Induced

Sorry guys, the weather is not good for photo's over here but I took a few more. My apologies for the quality/bury ones. My wife and I just love this little car, it's such a pleasure to both look at and drive so far (not that I've managed to get in it!)

Colville

Old 25-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #21
oldsoftboss

Looks great, I cant wait !!
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #22
fastlane
In here

OMG!! What a car! Ripper pics as well! Interior and exterior is stunning!!!

Hey Colville, whenever you have spare time and get to drive the car lol, would you be kind enough to do a little review?
I am sold on looks, I just want to know if it is lacking in power.

Cheers, Eddie.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #23
WASP
Whipple Induced

No worries Eddie.

Well I was ‘permitted’ to have a drive of the little black beauty when we picked it up on Friday and had an appointment up the freeway at Mt Barker. With only a mere 30km’s on the clock the first thing I noticed driving it out of the lot was the extremely light steering, so light in fact that I thought that something may be broken. The steering feeling at a slow crawl feels quite artificial as if the steering wheel was not connected to the front wheels at all.

I really didn’t notice this with the base model Fiesta I test drove a while back so it caught me by surprise. Once I had left the car yard and picked up speed the car felt immediately better and much more planted on the road. The further I drove, the better it became to a point were by the time I got home 15 minutes away, I felt completely conformable with the steering and road feedback.

Other things I noticed in this short trip were how quite, solid and well mannered this little car was. There was nothing small and tiny about its characteristic at all. The 17” wheels felt very grippy on the road and there was very little tyre or road noise at all, a common trait for most small cars. Engine and transmission noise was also alot quieter than I expected. No raspy noises coming from the engine at higher revs and the transmission went about its business in a very smooth and linear fashion.

Power wise; let’s just say it performed the way I expected it to, especially with only a hand full of kms on board. It’s takes off smoothly and progressively unlike the Focus autos I have driven, however with much less surge off the line than its bigger brother. Once going however it appeared to have an adequate amount of surge, powering up the hilly freeway quite effortlessly. Once you get above 60km/h the steering feedback is brilliant. The Fiesta felt so planted on the road that you tend to drive in and out of corners with great confidence so you never really feel like you’re lacking in performance on the road.

Coming down the hill the brakes felt good without any suggestion of fading, despite them being smaller than the ones we’re used to on her previous Focus.
I will try to fight off my lovely wife for another drive in a week or so once it has a few more kms on board as a comparison.

Colville
Old 26-05-2009, 02:16 AM   #24
fastlane
In here

Quote:
Other things I noticed in this short trip were how quite, solid and well mannered this little car was. There was nothing small and tiny about its characteristic at all. The 17” wheels felt very grippy on the road and there was very little tyre or road noise at all, a common trait for most small cars. Engine and transmission noise was also alot quieter than I expected. No raspy noises coming from the engine at higher revs and the transmission went about its business in a very smooth and linear fashion.
That is good to hear about the engine. I was also worried that because of its size, it would feel rather "cramped" but that is great to hear coming from an owner.

Quote:
Once going however it appeared to have an adequate amount of surge, powering up the hilly freeway quite effortlessly. Once you get above 60km/h the steering feedback is brilliant. The Fiesta felt so planted on the road that you tend to drive in and out of corners with great confidence so you never really feel like you’re lacking in performance on the road.
I am driving a Maxima ATM which is a bit pointless (Red P Plates, passenger restrictions), as I rarely use it for its intended purpose so moving to a smaller car is quite worthwhile for me. It is great that the Fiesta provides the power when needed because, what makes me want to avoid small cars is the engine capacity. But it seems like it is up for the task so that is great news!

Colville, when I went to the Melbourne motor show I didn't get to sit in the back seat. Too many people in the car lol. Have you carried adults in the back yet and if so did they find the room comfortable? If I have to do family duties, I hope it would be able to fit the parents in there lol!

Thanks again Colville. Sorry for the questions matey.

Eddie.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 07:56 AM   #25
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice CDAA, wife sure does look happy driving it. Hope mine will be that excited when she get her car. Love the number plates laugh every time I see it,bloody awsome.
Old 26-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #26
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did you option up for the illuminated gear knob and scuff plates? If so does it have the desired affect?
pitpal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #27
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Quote:
No worries Eddie.

Well I was ‘permitted’ to have a drive of the little black beauty when we picked it up on Friday and had an appointment up the freeway at Mt Barker. With only a mere 30km’s on the clock the first thing I noticed driving it out of the lot was the extremely light steering, so light in fact that I thought that something may be broken. The steering feeling at a slow crawl feels quite artificial as if the steering wheel was not connected to the front wheels at all.

I really didn’t notice this with the base model Fiesta I test drove a while back so it caught me by surprise. Once I had left the car yard and picked up speed the car felt immediately better and much more planted on the road. The further I drove, the better it became to a point were by the time I got home 15 minutes away, I felt completely conformable with the steering and road feedback.

Power wise; let’s just say it performed the way I expected it to, especially with only a hand full of kms on board. It’s takes off smoothly and progressively unlike the Focus autos I have driven, however with much less surge off the line than its bigger brother. Once going however it appeared to have an adequate amount of surge, powering up the hilly freeway quite effortlessly. Once you get above 60km/h the steering feedback is brilliant. The Fiesta felt so planted on the road that you tend to drive in and out of corners with great confidence so you never really feel like you’re lacking in performance on the road.

Coming down the hill the brakes felt good without any suggestion of fading, despite them being smaller than the ones we’re used to on her previous Focus.
I will try to fight off my lovely wife for another drive in a week or so once it has a few more kms on board as a comparison.

Colville
I would have put the steering feedback at low speed down to the shift to electric power steering. I personally don't like the feel at low speed, but they do weight up nicely at cruising speeds. It was something really pronounced in the Mitsubishi Colt ranger, particularly the Cabrios.

I'm curious as to whether the auto has changed with the WS, there was always positive reviews on the auto used in the WP/WQs.
Old 26-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #28
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane
Colville, when I went to the Melbourne motor show I didn't get to sit in the back seat. Too many people in the car lol. Have you carried adults in the back yet and if so did they find the room comfortable? If I have to do family duties, I hope it would be able to fit the parents in there lol!

Thanks again Colville. Sorry for the questions matey.

Eddie.
Hi Eddie, I have two young daughters (9 & 11) and they fit very comfortably, however I have to admit that I haven't actually sat back there myself. I'll try and let you know, but would imagine that as long as you don't try and squeeze two large blokes in the back, most would be comfortable for short trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
Nice CDAA, wife sure does look happy driving it. Hope mine will be that excited when she get her car. Love the number plates laugh every time I see it,bloody awsome.
Lol..yeah I though it was a bit of fun, playing on both the cars name, and my wife's 'lively' personality. She's 5 foot nothing but you would never want to under estimate her based on that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpal
Did you option up for the illuminated gear knob and scuff plates? If so does it have the desired affect?
The illuminated gear knob I think is only available for manuals. As for the scuff plates at the time of ordering back in Feb the illuminated versions were not available so I ordered some nice stainless units which look pretty good at much less cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
I'm curious as to whether the auto has changed with the WS, there was always positive reviews on the auto used in the WP/WQs.
Hi Leigh, I'm not sure if they have changed the transmission from the past model, however the one fitted to this latest model appears to be quite a gem. While waiting for the Fiesta, we had two auto Focus's kindly loaned to us by the dealer. Both auto's were very jerky, suffering from what I can only describe as 'brain fade'. 'Foot down, nothing happens, still nothing happens, then everything happens...'..:

Last edited by WASP; 26-05-2009 at 03:49 PM.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 05:08 PM   #29
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Interesting reads, Congrats with your purchase. It makes me want mine more and more!!

Looking forward to your next review!
Old 26-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #30
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
I ordered some nice stainless units which look pretty good at much less cost.
They are standard aren't they on the Zetec ?

Certainly on ours as standard.

As for rear seat room, I sat in the back for a 400k m trip (I'm 6 foot) and plenty of room even with an adult in the front and we have had three adults across the back as well without too much effort.

Our in-laws took the car on a trip north not long ago and had two kids car seats in the back - easy fit as well.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post