Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #31
danny71

Thanks fellas, yeah I'm really happy with the price i got too, especially considering its an Auto. Now all i have to do is wait :jab:
danny71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #32
danny71

ordered april 12th, delivery date update number 4, is 11th of july, 3 DAMN months later, changed from late May, to early June, to mid june, to late june, now at 11th of july....rejects!
Old 23-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #33
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah, dont u just hate it when they say that. I hope you get your toy soon, man!
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 02:33 AM   #34
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny71
ordered april 12th, delivery date update number 4, is 11th of july, 3 DAMN months later, changed from late May, to early June, to mid june, to late june, now at 11th of july....rejects!
Man that really sucks, I had to wait like 2 months for mine but at least they narrowed the date down to within a week's period for me.

It'll be so worth the wait though!
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2006, 03:36 AM   #35
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Nearly there, Danny. You should almost be able to smell that new car smell!
Old 24-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #36
Nappa
Impressive...

congrats on the purchase, i know you will love the zetec they are a fantastic drive.
Old 24-06-2006, 08:40 PM   #37
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hang in there Danny, it will be worth it.........I must have just got very lucky when I ordered mine, I placed the order and paid the deposit on the same day as you, 12th April and picked the car up two weeks later on the 27th April, even that felt too long for me, must be so frustrating for you, is it because you ordered an Auto perhaps?.....who knows,...... what does the dealer say about the delay?, maybe there is just a shortage of them at the moment?, I remember when I was looking around for my new car I wandered into a Suzuki dealer and was checking out the Swift Z Series, the salesman was telling me back then in April that there was about a 3 month wait on them at that stage, I understand Suzuki have just received a new shipment and they are now being advertised again as "in stock" at most of the dealers.........glad I got the Fez though over the Swift, better car all round imo.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2006, 04:18 AM   #38
danny71

they said there is a shortage, told me no ford dealers have any, to ring around and check if i wanted to...Its not really the point though, I ordered the car cause i was told that it will be here end of may, i figured a month isnt bad, if i was told from the start it will be over 3months i wouldnt have ordered it, I'm riding to work on a damn pushbike cause im car_less, and lets not mention how COLD its been they dont even have a car to give me until then...ahhh well ***** and moaning isnt going to get me anywhere...thanks for the replies peeps.
Old 25-06-2006, 07:41 PM   #39
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They won't even give you a car from their used lot until your's arrives?!?!

A-holes!
Old 25-06-2006, 10:49 PM   #40
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well, considering my mate has a new Fiesta LX whilst waiting for an XR5T... I can understand why they aren't giving you a car. Look at it from their perspective.

But yea, doesn't help... trust me though, the Fiesta is worth the wait!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2006, 11:14 PM   #41
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

I got one of the first WQ Zetecs & after selling my Pug they gave me an LX for the night. Turned into 3 weeks in the LX, bloody auto too. Had to replace something in the suspension on the Zetec, so it sat at the dealers for a while. It'll be worth the wait, even though autos aren't my thing. Nothing like banging through the close ratio box.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #42
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey Danny, you need to live in SA!

Panther Black Auto WQ Zetec
Get your dealer to do a swap with them for that one.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:03 PM   #43
danny71

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
Hey Danny, you need to live in SA!

Panther Black Auto WQ Zetec
Get your dealer to do a swap with them for that one.
Yeah mate i saw that yesterday on carsales.com myself :jab: :jab: My dealer doesnt have any zetec's in stock to swap em...10 more days to go before it gets here, and then god knows how much longer till they get it ready for pick up ARRRRAAHH
Old 05-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #44
danny71

Ok getting closer to pick up date, i was told i should have it by next weekend, though i wont put my house on it :jab: :
Old 10-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #45
danny71

Finally my car has landed at my dealer, picking it up later this week :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :Reverend: Its been a tad over 3months i forget what they look like.LOL
Old 10-07-2006, 05:43 PM   #46
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's brilliant news! Are you excited?
This week probably will be one of the longest weeks of your life. hahaha.

I hope the car is worth the wait.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #47
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Finally my car has landed at my dealer, picking it up later this week :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :Reverend: Its been a tad over 3months i forget what they look like.LOL
Excellent!!......let us all know when ya get it Danny and what ya think of it, post some pics too. :
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2006, 08:43 PM   #48
photn
AFF Post NAZI

yay another black Fez owner. Yippee!!! WELCOME and join the club lol. hehehehehe its good to have more black fez Zetec owners. lol. even though urs is newer model all the same. might get sum ideas if ur thinking of modding from us. welcome again.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 01:14 AM   #49
danny71

thanks for the replies guys, yeah i'm excited, feels alittle surreal because it has been so damn long.LOL *joins the Black fez zetec group* hehe
Picking it up on thursday afternoon, so I'll be touch to let you know my impressions of my new little beast ;)
Old 14-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #50
danny71

Finally got my car yesterday afternoon. I'm really happy, it looks great even better than i remembered, maybe cause its mine *lol*

I'll get some photo's taken soon and post them on here, i've already done 110km hahaha

One thing ive noticed though, it seems to take ages to change gear (Auto) not like many other auto's I've driven, is that just a running in thing? or is that pretty normal for the Auto's in Fiesta's...
Old 14-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #51
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I have the WP Auto and it changes gears smoothly and there is no struggle. What kind of rpm are you hitting before it changes?
Old 14-07-2006, 04:44 PM   #52
danny71

well im driving it pretty nicely, sometimes over 3000RPM
Old 14-07-2006, 05:45 PM   #53
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
One thing ive noticed though, it seems to take ages to change gear (Auto) not like many other auto's I've driven, is that just a running in thing? or is that pretty normal for the Auto's in Fiesta's...
Sweet! congrats for the car, man. I hope you like it.

And with the gear-change... It depends really..... I drive mine pretty softly and it change gears at around 2500-2750rpm. But If I want a bit more acceleration power... it usually shifts at 3250rpm. I've never gone beyond 3500rpm yet.

Sometimes you cant even feel the gear's changing, especially when you drive it softly.
Old 17-07-2006, 01:18 AM   #54
danny71

Well after driving around heaps, I filled her up tonight with premium unleaded (98) and now she is purring like a kitten and gear changes feel so much cleaner and softer;)..im a happy chappy now
Old 07-08-2006, 02:28 PM   #55
photn
AFF Post NAZI

if ur interested you can actaully buy the ipod connector for the fez as an accessory(if u didnt already know that)

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post