Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-06-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
motorex
Starter Motor

Default power 4 fiesta

wats the best exhaust system to put on i think 2005 fiesta. and wats the best thing to do. to get around the stock airbox

motorex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

Instead of popping up with no intro, bad grammar and demanding answers from us, how bout an intro? What sort of Fiesta you drive, where in Australia you are from etc. Do this, and maybe people will be more willng to help you.

-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #3
Sonia

I love you Danny. Let's make babies.
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #4
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oooo :
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 11:10 PM   #5
Al...

I agree, maybe an introduction would be nice, but considering it was his first post, maybe it wasnt completely understood what edicate was required. really there was nothing demanding about his question, just simply a question, and generally the most common question asked here by new posters. There are ways of getting your point across and encouraging membership, or u can allways adopt the methods you use.lets give the first option a go............. just my 2 cents worth
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #6
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsfantz
That's my type of girl...
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 01:28 AM   #7
Fled74
The Thread Killa

That caught me off-guard. My drink just shot out of my nose!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 04:37 AM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
My car or yours? :
Old 18-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #9
motorex
Starter Motor

u group of f%%kwifs. y should i tell anyone where im form. now i know y i want to sell my ford. ask something and u lot cant be nice and answer it back. wonder y ppl love holden's more. and now i know y u all drive small cars.
motorex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #10
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
My car or yours? :
I think she wants both.....clean up your baby and yourself now :nutsycuck
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 11:09 AM   #11
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorex
u group of f%%kwifs. y should i tell anyone where im form. now i know y i want to sell my ford. ask something and u lot cant be nice and answer it back. wonder y ppl love holden's more. and now i know y u all drive small cars.
Wow!... so young, so angry.
Old 18-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #12
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flederschwein
That caught me off-guard. My drink just shot out of my nose!
I've done that with Vodka before, twas not pleasant...
Old 18-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #13
Sonia

Quote:
hahaha..... go buy a Barina and stfu
Old 18-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #14
Sonia

Quote:
My car or yours? :
I just washed mine... so lets make it yours :P
Old 18-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #15
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Can somebody please translate this for me? I don't speak "moron".
Old 18-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #16
Sonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
Can somebody please translate this for me? I don't speak "moron".
I think someone on www.ls1.com.au may be able to assist you with translations Swaytan :
Old 18-06-2006, 12:49 PM   #17
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hahaha..... go buy a Barina and stfu
You mean Daewoo Kalos? :hihi:
Old 18-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #18
Sonia

That's my point :
Old 18-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #19
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
I think someone on www.ls1.com.au may be able to assist you with translations Swaytan :
Gold, absolute gold... :

I think the guy is gonna sell his ford, & buy a Daewoo built Holden Barina with it's 2 star safety rating!

Each to their own...
Old 18-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #20
amlohac

Wow, you guys just shot down a new member who had a legitmate question.... maybe you all should re-think your approach here. Instead of going off tap at him for what he hasnt done why not answer the question and ask him to supply information about himself.... just my POV. Oh and by the way.... Aust rally focus top 10 finish... YAY!
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #21
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlohac
Wow, you guys just shot down a new member who had a legitmate question.... maybe you all should re-think your approach here. Instead of going off tap at him for what he hasnt done why not answer the question and ask him to supply information about himself.... just my POV. Oh and by the way.... Aust rally focus top 10 finish... YAY!
There's a difference between Polite and not really knowing forum ettiquette, and then there's plain short and abrupt posts like that. If you reckon this guy didn't have attitude in his first post, he has certainly proved it in his second one......
Old 18-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #22
Al...

Quote:
There's a difference between Polite and not really knowing forum ettiquette, and then there's plain short and abrupt posts like that. If you reckon this guy didn't have attitude in his first post, he has certainly proved it in his second one......
and why would he be polite after what you all had to say... it goes both ways
i am trying to say that there is a way of letting him know what he has done wrong, no need to go full tilt at him..... simple
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

It is a forum - not a chat site. Sure, a "Hi I drive a..." would have been great with an introduction... but maybe he was just after a quick answer?

Is Motorex related to Tinex? Same use of vocabulary...

Anyway - do a search Motorex. A few people have customed their exhaust, and there should also be photos and exactly what they went for in various threads. Same goes with the air filter - custom intake pipe into a pod airfilter has been done a few times. Once again, search and you shall find! (Sorry, I do not have all the links to every single exhaust and air filter thread.... wayyyyy too many haha)

Hope that helps

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 10:14 PM   #24
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Is Motorex related to Tinex? Same use of vocabulary...
That's quite simply what caused my spike. We don't need that sort of user here plain and simple, forum or not. I make no apologies.

Maybe I was quick to judge character, but His second post confirmed my judgments. Teki, MISTA, Mitch, Myself and a few others have all been spiked at before (sometimes badly) by other users in these forums, however Instead of the "oh you're all F%$$wits" comments, they stayed and argued their points in a civilised manner.

We've had plenty of posts in here about exhausts on Fiesta's Including Mitch's exhaust, MISTA's exhaust, AND mine, so A search would have provided motorex with the info he needed. Just coming on with no search, and questions (typed shortly and all in lowercase) that have been answered MORE than once and recenly before, is not the way it works.
Old 18-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #25
Swaytan
Swaytan

Speaking of which: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=53338
Old 19-06-2006, 12:04 AM   #26
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ROFL

Thats one of the funniest posts ive read
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 12:21 AM   #27
Danny
GT4.

Lol, isnt that why he's here? because HE drives a small car? And what? He wants to sell his Ford because someone was rude to him on a Forum....

Hmm.... Doesn't sound very passionate towards his small ford, which is why WE are all here.
Old 19-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #28
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Damo's 2 cents,

Welcome to the Forum -

This thread has got a bit outta hand. Ok MotorEx came in with demands for answers. It was short and sweet. I actually was gonna reply b4 anyone else and greet him nicely, give him the answer he wanted then asked more about him. Thats the way I would do it. He is obviously new and young and doesnt know the correct ettique(spelling??) when posting. BIG DEAL. Im sure he would have come back more civilized in his second post if , the problem was outlined in a non demeaning way.

So he comes back with an eye for an eye approach, saying $crew you all, holdens are better blah blah blah. Fair enough mate, but no need to reach for the tissue box because someone doesnt like the way you come on the fiesta forums. Your reply signifies to us that you dont really car about your small car and maybe have a split personality (Tinex or Piez). Im not saying I agree with everyone here, but if you are doing the split personality thing, you might be band from these forums.

Damo's Life Lesson: YOU GET WHAT U GIVE.

To answer your question:

Best exhaust= Not too sure. Anything bigger than 2.5 inch will cause los of backpressure which equals power. I myself have a 2inch Redback Cat back system, which i think isnt too bad of a brand but it depends on how much money you are willing to spend.

Airbox = You can easily take out the stock air box. Just do a search and you will find info on how to take it off and what peeps have done in terms of CAI ,intake pipes and pod filters.

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 19-06-2006 at 09:55 AM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #29
piez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Damo's 2 cents,

Welcome to the Forum -

This thread has got a bit outta hand. Ok MotorEx came in with demands for answers. It was short and sweet. I actually was gonna reply b4 anyone else and greet him nicely, give him the answer he wanted then asked more about him. Thats the way I would do it. He is obviously new and young and doesnt know the correct ettique(spelling??) when posting. BIG DEAL. Im sure he would have come back more civilized in his second post if , the problem was outlined in a non demeaning way.

So he comes back with an eye for an eye approach, saying $crew you all, holdens are better blah blah blah. Fair enough mate, but no need to reach for the tissue box because someone doesnt like the way you come on the fiesta forums. Your reply signifies to us that you dont really car about your small car and maybe have a split personality (Tinex or Piez). Im not saying I agree with everyone here, but if you are doing the split personality thing, you might be band from these forums.

Damo's Life Lesson: YOU GET WHAT U GIVE.

To answer your question:

Best exhaust= Not too sure. Anything bigger than 2.5 inch will cause los of backpressure which equals power. I myself have a 2inch Redback Cat back system, which i think isnt too bad of a brand but it depends on how much money you are willing to spend.

Airbox = You can easily take out the stock air box. Just do a search and you will find info on how to take it off and what peeps have done in terms of CAI ,intake pipes and pod filters.
i just have look at this thread and i dont know y u have to use my name. if u have prob with someone on the site. talk to them and please dont bring other ppl into this
piez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #30
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Sorry Mate,

I didnt mean for it to come out that way. It was directed at MotorEx not you. I see where you are coming from and apologise for using your name. It was uncalled for.

Its kinda weird tho. Your self and Motorex have come on this forum asking basic questions as newbies, and it seems we are the ones showing a negative attitude.