Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #31
photn
AFF Post NAZI

rofl . that or you could run the tank empty. fill up and drive to melbourne and back

(obviously filling up along the way) iwas averaging 6.5 at the start....and cause i sat on 100 the whole way down (had the gf in the car and she wouldnt let me go 110 :( ) i was getting about 5.9 - 6.1 per 100km

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #32
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's interesting that I'm having the worst fuel econ. to date at the moment. I have half a tank of Vortex98 and another half of V-Power Racing. I'd expect this kind of fuel econ. when I redline the Fiesta everytime I take off.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #33
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Ive got my 45000km service tomorrow. Planning on giving the apollo a good clean and re oil, then full tank of V Power Racing. I am gonna run the current tank of 95 down to warning light, so its only 100RON in the tank.
Old 17-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #34
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Fiesta runs better on MOBIL SYNERGY 8000. Hates the SHELL VPOWER. Vortex 98 okay, but MOBIL better.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 02:27 PM   #35
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I've switched from V Power to BP Ultimate and find the engine running more "sweetly" than before. But he other night I filled with BP Ultimate and a bottle of Nulon injector cleaner.............the car was simply awesome. Smooth responsive powerful
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 05:21 PM   #36
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

I've only ever tried BP Ultimate 98 (except for once when I had $5 worth of BP 95 in there) so I really can't comment on which PULP does my Fiesta like best, but I've heard only good things about BP Ultimate on FFAU.....so that must be a good thing?

Also, I pass three BP servos before I get to one Shell servo which makes it really convenient for me.

The fuel economy differs. One week I had it at 8.5L/100km trying to drive economically, and then the next week I got 6.5L/100km suburban driving without doing anything special (the first bar took 105km to disappear!) Although I normally have aircon on most of the time and at least 1 passenger at all times (a full car at others).

I'm currently trying a new technique called WOT (Wide Open Throttle...duh) Short-Shifting. Only works in manuals. Floor it and shift at around 2500rpm-3000rpm and the theory is that the fuel burns more efficiently because the computer provides a slightly rich mixture at partial throttle compared to full. So far I've gotten 85km out of the first bar and I only started using this technique halfway through the first bar! Had to do some very uneconomic driving the other day... :(...and I've gotten so far so good.

I must say it's frustrating trying to get good fuel economy from the Fiesta compared to the claims, but then I realise that I'm still using less than if I had bought a 6 Cylinder and drove normally
Old 21-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #37
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's funny how same cars like different brands of fuel. Some likes BP Ultimate, others V-Power/V-Power Racing, Vortex98 etc etc.
Old 26-03-2007, 09:00 PM   #38
piez

what is V-Power Racing fuel? is it new shell fuel
piez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #39
Mikey B
Frozen White Focus RS

Guys,
Any fuels with E10 content will give your Fez the 'squits'! Take it from someone that is responsible for 1.6L Sigma Engine Calibration!
Mikey B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #40
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey B
Guys,
Any fuels with E10 content will give your Fez the 'squits'! Take it from someone that is responsible for 1.6L Sigma Engine Calibration!
I aint going below 95RON. So no E10 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piez
what is V-Power Racing fuel? is it new shell fuel
V-Power Racing is a 100RON PULP (or super-premium Shell likes to call it). It's got 5% ethanol in it.
It's not new, they've been sold here since last year under the name Optimax Extreme. But Shell changed Optimax and Optimax Extreme's formulations and renamed the PULPs as V-Power and V-Power Racing.

Aaaaand V-Power Racing is the official fuel for the V8 Supercar 2007 :P

Hope that helps.
Old 26-03-2007, 11:58 PM   #41
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
I aint going below 95RON. So no E10 for me.
United Plus ULP = 95 RON E10.

Metro ULP MAX E10 = 95 RON E10.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 04:46 PM   #42
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still not buying them.
Old 27-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #43
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Ditto. will never put E10 in my car. EVER!!!!! id rather die. i dont care how environmentelly healthy that stuff is lol. wont put it in my car. its like trying to live off vitam suplements for your whole life. it just aint rite.

ill put it in any other car though. as long as it aint mine. teehee

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #44
ardei
WP Fiesta LX

Just filled up (since last Tuesday).

Used 16.92L of BP Ultimate 98 over 275.8km which works out to be 6.14L/100km.

Massively impressed, I haven't actively been trying to get good fuel economy, even went for some very un-economic drives during the week and still managed this.

I've conlcuded that W.O.T Short Shifting (as mentioned before) does improve fuel economy and air-conditioning is a big no-no unless absolutely necessary. You can really feel the difference with A/C on/off in the Fiesta and it's nothing like what I've been accustomed to when using aircon in a big Aussie 6.
Old 28-03-2007, 06:43 PM   #45
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Our fiesta uses nothing but BP 98. The car loves it and it gets about 8% better milage from a tank. I have kept spread sheets and the extra cost at the pump is minimised by the better efficiencey.
Old 28-03-2007, 06:51 PM   #46
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Still not buying them.
I've had both in my car, they run just as well as any other PULP.

:
Old 28-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #47
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardei
I've conlcuded that W.O.T Short Shifting (as mentioned before) does improve fuel economy and air-conditioning is a big no-no unless absolutely necessary. You can really feel the difference with A/C on/off in the Fiesta and it's nothing like what I've been accustomed to when using aircon in a big Aussie 6.
You can? Because I never could. Performance and economy remained the same, A/C or not. The ONLY difference was idle speed. 750rpm A/C off, 1000rpm with A/C.

:
Old 28-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #48
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Steffo,

I think it could be the way you drive. It may run just as well in your car because you never rev above 3,000rpm - so there is no way to know whether or not it improves 'performance'.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2007, 10:14 PM   #49
darkcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardei
Just filled up (since last Tuesday).

You can really feel the difference with A/C on/off in the Fiesta.
Agreed. When a/c is on, the accelerator feels like a rock, and the car is SOO slow (as in no instant response) so i prefer to leave it off unless absolutely necessary.
darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #50
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ditto, I only have A/C on when I dont need to accelerate quickly (ie. peak-hr traffic).
Old 28-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #51
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Steffo,

I think it could be the way you drive. It may run just as well in your car because you never rev above 3,000rpm - so there is no way to know whether or not it improves 'performance'.
I never rev above 3000rpm?

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHA HA!

Don't assume you know a thing about the way I drive!

My comments in other threads about crappy little Hondas with 100hp/litre and 1Nm of torque at 50,000rpm are about driving normally. And yeah, in normal, day to day commuting, I find revving above 3000rpm and any sort of stupid acceleration and hard braking an assinine form of driving.

However I do like to have fun, when the time (and road) is right. And it does get to see the other side of the tacho. And there is no performance hit with the A/C.

:
Old 02-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #52
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have concluded that the fuel economy improved dramatically when using different brand of fuel after using one brand of fuel for a few tanks.

I had REALLY good economy after switching to V-Power Racing from using BP Ultimate for a while. But fuel economy settled down to normal after a few tanks of V-Power Racing. Now im trying a fuel I've never put in my Fiesta before (BP 95RON PULP) and again... it's giving me an unbelievable fuel economy.

Anyone else experience similar thing?

Last edited by Ives; 02-04-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #53
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I previously filled 1/2 V Power Racing, 1/2 V Power with 8.7L/100kms Econ. Previously i would just use V Power with 8.9L/100kms.

At the moment i have filled up with Caltex 98, and so far its not looking good..
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post