Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #841
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_AU
lol , nice one george !!

You Going to the Cruise on Saturday >>

Daniel
Nope, putting some new dba slotteds and pads on the wagon! Picking up a Tickford snorkel for it as well! :

Where is the cruise to?

GK

"Tick Ford gives you wiiiiings!" Pardon me, just being a little silly! :

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #842
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Good idea to post the winner's list with pics of the car. Good one Tornado, thanks for the effort!

GK
It was something that normell asked for.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #843
antilooped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
The list with links to pics of the car.
Shane can you please edit this post and link the ones that i don't know.

$100 THEMBOYS voucher for the winner of the best "local" AU (local being accepted Melb Metro area and suburbs including Geelong). – Tornado

$100 THEMBOYS voucher for the winner of the best "travelling" AU (Country Vic and any other state). – Falkeen

AFF shirt, hat & keyring for the Show & Shine. Mods Choice – AU302

Best Sounding AU V8 – Polo Shirt, Oil Filter and Air Filter - Blanchy_4
Best Sounding AU I6 – Polo Shirt, Oil Filter and Air Filter - BLC

Most unusual modification AU V8 - Oil Filter and Air Filter - Falkeen
Most unusual modification AU I6 - Oil Filter and Air Filter – The Dok

Most stock AU V8 – Oil Filter and Air Filter - HP Dude
Most stock AU I6 – Oil Filter and Air Filter - Sorry Fellas for the delay ive been away for a couple of days - this is me (Antilooped)

Best AU Sedan - Bucknaked
Best AU Ute - BLUPRNT XR8
Best AU Wagon – Au_Wagon
Best Series 1 AU (all body shapes) – HP Dude
Best Series 2 AU (all body shapes) – xd5.8l
Best Series 3 AU (all body shapes) – Bucknaked

Second AU Sedan – HOTC2R
Second AU Ute – White Pursuit Ute
Second AU Wagon – GK
Second Series 1 AU (all body shapes) – mattsau1
Second Series 2 AU (all body shapes) – Davocol
Second Series 3 AU (all body shapes) – Whoosha

Founders Choice – DeathXR

Promoters Choice - neishaxr8

These are the ones I don't know:
HP Dude
mattsau1
Cheers
Old 25-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #844
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Added the last cars

$100 THEMBOYS voucher for the winner of the best "local" AU (local being accepted Melb Metro area and suburbs including Geelong). – Tornado

$100 THEMBOYS voucher for the winner of the best "travelling" AU (Country Vic and any other state). – Falkeen

AFF shirt, hat & keyring for the Show & Shine. Mods Choice – AU302

Best Sounding AU V8 – Polo Shirt, Oil Filter and Air Filter - Blanchy_4
Best Sounding AU I6 – Polo Shirt, Oil Filter and Air Filter - BLC

Most unusual modification AU V8 - Oil Filter and Air Filter - Falkeen
Most unusual modification AU I6 - Oil Filter and Air Filter – The Dok

Most stock AU V8 – Oil Filter and Air Filter - HP Dude
Most stock AU I6 – Oil Filter and Air Filter - Antilooped

Best AU Sedan - Bucknaked
Best AU Ute - BLUPRNT XR8
Best AU Wagon – Au_Wagon
Best Series 1 AU (all body shapes) – HP Dude
Best Series 2 AU (all body shapes) – xd5.8l
Best Series 3 AU (all body shapes) – Bucknaked

Second AU Sedan – HOTC2R
Second AU Ute – White Pursuit Ute
Second AU Wagon – GK
Second Series 1 AU (all body shapes) – MattsAU1
Second Series 2 AU (all body shapes) – Davocol
Second Series 3 AU (all body shapes) – Whoosha

Founders Choice – DeathXR

Promoters Choice - neishaxr8

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 02:56 PM   #845
antilooped

Just want to say a big thanks to the guys that put the show on and managed to pull a mammoth barby with that dodgy equipment and to all that attended to show off their beasts. Its great to see so many things done to our cars with natural aspiration. Alot of nice looking + rare beasts which everyone put the effort in to make them look their best. Had a great day meeting everyone look forward to next year!

Cheers!
Old 25-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #846
antilooped

Did anyone notice a shortage of series 1's?
Old 25-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #847
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Sound like a great day guys and lots of very nice AU. I will have to do something like this over here in the west! Great photos there guys, well done to thought who made it.

One thing though it ashame no award went to AU LWB (Fairlane,LTD,TL50). Felt like they miss out!

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 04:38 PM   #848
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

The T2 TL50 won Best Sounding AU V8.
The T3 TL50 left pretty early, well before judging took place.
Old 25-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #849
EF302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hmmm.. need these 2 owners identified MAy have to offer a reward!
YEH, the gunmetal au is my brothers,AU302(Paul), he just moved down to melbourne so hasn't got the net on yet. Ill let him know
SO WHATS THE REWARD.lol
EF302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #850
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by normell
Jeeeeeeez, that's the only way I can do skids in the BBQ fuelled machine

Normell
PS But I like the results at the bowzer :1syellow1
Same here .... but not worth it with tyres though.
LPG is great ... managed 750km from 85L of LPG ... and it only cost me a fraction over $40. Love it.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #851
RumBum
RumBum

Hi all. Thanx to all involved at the weekend who set up the show and shine.What a great bunch of people..And then there was whoosha.Small world ol mate.Thanx for your cleaning equipment to. My Silver TL50 was entered beside Dok.My family had a great day so we can be included in any other stuff you do.My wife said it is ok.woohoo. Finally something she likes. Well done to all winners, it was a great display.
RumBum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #852
RumBum
RumBum

Default Username change

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumBum
Hi all. Thanx to all involved at the weekend who set up the show and shine.What a great bunch of people..And then there was whoosha.Small world ol mate.Thanx for your cleaning equipment to. My Silver TL50 was entered beside Dok.My family had a great day so we can be included in any other stuff you do.My wife said it is ok.woohoo. Finally something she likes. Well done to all winners, it was a great display.

Incidently i was known on here as Blanchy4 but then my pc backfired and spat a crank therefore was replaced.Bit of a tuneup on the new laptop and a new email when i bought my business and Whammo, a new username.. : :
RumBum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #853
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Ummm ... where do i start???

Had a great trip down to Melbourne, was hoping to have a few more though ... but the small group of cars that did make it on the weekend made it easier to keep in convoy over the distance.

I had a great time ... apart from the blizzard we encoutered in Melbourne ... hee hee. Bec really felt the cold so stayed in the car most of the time ... or we both ventured off for coffee many times during the day of the show.

Was great to catch up with a number of people that I regularly speak to on AFF and put faces to names. Some very nice AUs turned up for a great day.

Luckily Buckie could find a great hotel at the last minute for us to stay in ... greatly appreciated his effort in this ... Connor was fine ... a little hypo ... but i guess that's kids for you ...

Tell you what ... when in Melbourne again I am definitely going back to that restuarant though ... I told you the food was good ... and HUUUUUGE as well. (I have pics to post on serving sizes).

Bec couldn't believe how long Chapel Street was ... next time we venture down she is setting aside a few days to shopping (not the half day we managed).

There's so much to comment on the time down there ... I just can't remember it all at the moment.

Sorry guys I couldn't make it to FPV on the Monday morning ... we actually decided to drive back most of the way home that day as well (with one headlight and no spotlights working). We stay in the Novotel in Canberra CBD last night and then travelled the rest of the way home this morning. All I can say is Thank God for cruise control .... and LPG.

I used a grand total of $150 of fuel for the entire trip ... and loved the Melbourne LPG prices (43.9c/L was sooo much cheaper than Sydney).

Thanks to "The Dok" for keeping the headlights for me ... I still haven't fitted them yet ... I tried back at the hotel ... but I need time for fiddling with the old HID system and removing it properly so I can fit the new cabling, etc. (hence the rush job i tried and ended up with one working headlight on the way home) .... pics will be posted later though).

Woo hoo ... there's at least one pic of mine on the day.

woo hoo ... both headlights were working.

The convoy
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #854
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks like it was a top day....well done to all involved!
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #855
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Same here .... but not worth it with tyres though.
LPG is great ... managed 750km from 85L of LPG ... and it only cost me a fraction over $40. Love it.

i was pretty happy, made it all the way from the melbourne fill up on the outskirts at broadmeadows all the way to Liverpool! Still had 50kms to empty but knew there was a BP there so filled up.

And Chief said i couldnt get there!

Also cracked the 100,000km mark just after Goulburn too :
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #856
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Yes Adam I didn't think you could do it, and I honestly thought I could. The DTE showed I could but Albury Wadanga stuffed that up.

Well where do I start. A very big thanks must go to Mic and Shane and others for organising a great day. Without you guys this would of never happened.

Bucky, Bucky, Bucky, O Naked One, thanks to you we had a great cruise day down and accomadation. With all the cancellations, getting a call Thursday night from you for confirmation because we lost a hotel bookings altogether. Made me a little nervouse but you pulled through like you always do. Hi 5 Conner.

Adam (Falkeen) Simon (Mechan1k), Bec (Mechan1k's better half), thanks for the cruise and photoshoots. It was great to catch up with you and see you at Titan Ford Open Day.

OzFordAU (Simon) Thanks for hanging out and coming to the photoshoot. We have to exchange photos soon.

GK (George) Thanks for coming to the hotel and welcoming us to Melbourne. Also the beers hit the spot after the drive down.

Dennis (XD-Machine's Dad) A big thanks to you for driving me down, around town and back again. Without you I would of never been able to go. Hey I didn't eat you afterall.

Tornado (Goran) Thanks for the video you made off our cruise. Plus running around chasing us to Herrods. Thanks for your company and great to meet you.

Rob Herrod. Thank you for giving us a little factory tour and showing us what you have in the wings.

To the supporters and sponsors of the day. Thank you the food was great pity about the impotent bbq, oh well cant have everything.

To the winners of the catagories well done. You deserve it. There were some of the greatest AU's around in Albert Park and you topped them.

But withiut everyone else it wouldn't of been as great as a day as it was. We all made the day happen so a big thank you to everyone that showed. Plus it was great to catch up with you and to the peopel I didn't get to see, I will see you at the next event.

Definently looking forward to next year. Did I hear Sydney anyone?

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #857
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Dennis (XD-Machine's Dad) A big thanks to you for driving me down, around town and back again.
I think I spent some time chatting to this man (Dennis), a VERY NICE man indeed, a pleasure to chat to. Unfortunately (Chief) I missed you (someone said you'd be staying close to the food : ) when I asked after you, but as I had my 2 kids with me, I wanted to keep a watch over them so was reasonably restricted with movement. Hopefully next time eh?
Old 25-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #858
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
I think I spent some time chatting to this man (Dennis), a VERY NICE man indeed, a pleasure to chat to.
Yes, I too got a chance to have a chat to Dennis at the end of the day and he is a top guy. Very easy to talk to and very friendly. Very nice guy.

Oh, and since we've done the "bling" its time that all the AU's that turned up at APL made a second appearance.... at Heathcote.
May 20th, its time to look at the flip side, the performance factor!

Sign up now and have a great night! http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=38926

Old 25-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #859
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief

OzFordAU (Simon) Thanks for hanging out and coming to the photoshoot. We have to exchange photos soon.
No problem Chief! Nice meting you mate, you’re a great guy! Yup we'll organize the photos soon!

Cheers

Simon :eclipsee_
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #860
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
This is a nice wagon shot.
i wish my dads wagon look like that, that looks awsome!
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 12:29 AM   #861
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Oh, and since we've done the "bling" its time that all the AU's that turned up at APL made a second appearance.... at Heathcote.
May 20th, its time to look at the flip side, the performance factor!
Yes, Yes I remember reading about a "carnival day" with rides n clowns & all, sooooo, I take it you'll be in the KIA : :
Old 26-04-2006, 12:31 AM   #862
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dok
Yes, Yes I remember reading about a "carnival day" with rides n clowns & all, sooooo, I take it you'll be in the KIA : :
Yep, going to see how quick I can get a divorce by racing the Carnival!

I think I'll jsut take the XR instead huh? :

Old 26-04-2006, 03:01 AM   #863
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

well looks like it turned out to be just the way i thought it would...
fun and au's left right and center... only thing missing was i guess me and my baby...
still very disappointed in not making it and i hope that a similar event is organised
in the near future i realy like showing off lol..... specialy with my new " bling blings "
..... will be posting the pics sooooooooooon.
although i couldnt make it i would still like to thank the organisers for putting such a
great event certainly looked well organised and some great pics... tooo
also congrats to all the winners .... lucky i wasnt there........... heheehehe just kiddin.
well if anyone is coming to auto salon this weekend please dont be shy and say hi ..
would love to meet and a have a convo with you's ........ bucky i thought you might be
stay back for auto salon mate ........... ;) take care everyone
cheers harris
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 09:34 AM   #864
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to the BBQ as my wife was due around the same time, Well the little one knew to wait until after the BBQ. My wife gave birth to a girl at 2:18am this morning, baby Olivia and mother Helen are both doing fine.
Old 26-04-2006, 09:37 AM   #865
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Hey big congrats Goran !!!!!
Hope it was a smooth delivery for your wife.
Goran we have to fantastic things in common, Blueprint T3's and Olivia is my daughter's name who was 1 last week !
Again congrats and enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 09:59 AM   #866
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Tops Stuff Goran

dont foget to post some pics up of the Olivia
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 10:26 AM   #867
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Here's a couple of pics, taken a few minutes after she was born.

And there is a small clip of her weight in HERE
Old 26-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #868
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thats fantastic Goran cogratulations to you + your wife ...... :
So that would be 1 more snag for you at next years BBQ then.. :baby bott
..All the best Whoosha ..

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 11:27 AM   #869
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Congrats Goran!
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #870
HLC
Audi S3

looks like some great fun was had by all!!!1 and congrats Goran! :sm_headba