Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 30-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 
Default Help for a 99 KN Laser 1.6L

Hey,

My wife has a 1.6 Laser which we bought 10 months ago, and it has been doing the weirdest things lately. It seems to have a mind of it own!! While driving me insane!

What happens is... runs fine, then for no real reason it then loses all power and doesnt rev freely.

I first thought it might be a bad batch of fuel. But after 3 months of it happening randomly. And with different fuels from different stations and plenty of injector cleaner. I figured that wasnt it.

I then changed the fuel filter... what a flaming annoying job. It looked like it hadnt ever been changed (160 000km)!

It felt like that fixed it. But then again a day or so later it did it again. I then had a mechanic mate look it up and down (mumbling and scratching his head alot) and then we played with the oxygen sensor. Pulling the thing apart didnt actually do anything! Not even a light on the dash! So we figured it could be related. We pulled lots of sensors apart and still no change.

Has anyone, ever had this issue? Or ever heard of anything like it?

Its got me beat!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Anyone?! At all?!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 05-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Ok, so I guess the defening silence means noone has heard anything like it then.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 05-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

a common problem with them is the airflow meter, call efi spares at raymond terrace and talk to Peter, very switched on. his number is 49 873775. just tell him that Josh Prescott told you to call him
JOSH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
ms700
Big Member

I think there was a recall on the KN's with the coil packs?

Check with a knowledgable Ford dealer, if you can find one.

Tuned by GENTECH 567rwkw/760rwhp

BA XR6T Tuned by GENTECH 349rwkw.

2013 H/D Nightrod Special - DynoJet PowerVision tuned.
ms700 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Oh, thanks Josh. Ill do that, and ms700 too. Ill check with Ford after EFI spares!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 26-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #7
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Well, it turns out to be the COIL PACK!!! One of them has an intermittant demon in it! Anyway, thanks guys for your help.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build