Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 31-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
bigron
Starter Motor

Default GB Meteor oil pressure switch

HI, Just wondering if anybody could tell me where to locate the oil pressure switch on a GB Meteor. My mechanic told me it was the source of my oil leak and quoted me about $75 to fix all up. I heard someone say it was only a 5 minute job and I should do it myself and save the $. Thanks

bigron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Kryton

cant remember exactly where it is, but if you look for the oil leak then you should find it.
anyway, unscrew it from the block, get some plumbers tape and wrap around the thread a few times, clean the hole with a rag and then do it back up.
retighten and it should be done.
maybe a search on google might reveal a pic of where it is - i cant seem to find my workshop manual for the Meteor.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
bigron
Starter Motor

Smile

thanks for that, unfortunately there seems to be a fair bit of oil about which makes it difficult for a non mechanic like myself to find it. Have actually purchased a new one to replace the old one with so I know what it looks like but just cant find it anywhere. I have searched the net for a diagram but without luck. I take it from your comments that it is a quick fix and not worth the $75.
Old 31-05-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
Kryton

ive found the manual so i will get back to you in a minute (it has no index so it isnt an easy find).
Old 31-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #5
Kryton

your going to love this!!

at the back of the engine, there is the oil filter.
on the passenger side of the oil filter, directly level with the top of the filter, about 5cm over is the oil sender unit (this is what you want i think).
or another way to look at it, directly above the end of the starter motor is where its at.
nice and hard to get to.
if you want a picture taken of the manual, just ask and ill post it up so you can see exactly where it is.
Old 31-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #6
bigron
Starter Motor

Thumbs up

Thanks davway, I"ll have a crack at it tomorrow. If you can put a picture up that would be great. Once again thanks for your help.
Old 31-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #7
Kryton

a bit blurry but you should still be able to get an idea of where it is.
its labeled as OIL SENDER UNIT.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #8
bigron
Starter Motor

Thumbs up

Thanks for the picture, I just had a look in the engine and can only just get a glimpse of it, definately not the easiest thing to get at. May have to remove a few things to get better access to it. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #9
dirty hands
Over Thinker

looks like
jack up the car or car ramps
remove the oil filter to get to the sender :togo: