Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-08-2018, 09:54 AM   #1
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default O2 Sensor differences

Howdy Folks, I just ordered a new o2 sensor for my series 3 Fairmont Ghia but when it arrived yesterday and i went to fit it i noticed that the little plastic pins on the side of the blue plastic connector are in a different place to the ones on mine and so it will not fit into the connection on my car.
It certainly looks the same, both 4 wires etc. i emailed the company that i purchased it from and he reckons he checked the model numbers and they are definitely the same and all i should do is remove one of the small plastic tangs and it will be fine.
Does this sound right to you guys?
Cheers
Ed
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: O2 Sensor differences

Hi zuess000, if you have to bodge a brand new part to make it fit, no way, its not worth it plus what about warranty etc.

Imo send it back for a refund & get a reputable/good one from a local spare parts supplier who will make sure it fits, good luck!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #3
zeuss000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: O2 Sensor differences

Thank you mate, that is exactly what i will do. Thank you
Ed
zeuss000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: