Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #241
beardo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here

Hey guys, been floating around a bit on here but I thought I'd give a quick intro. I'm Kane and I only have 2 bicycles and a unicycle but my other half owns a red au2 xr6. We are in the process of painting the tickford kit, lowering it, and searching for some decent 19s or 20s. After that it'll get extractors, exhaust and tint. I'll post up pics when I get some decent ones
beardo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #242
abzy
awsumness

hey all..

names adam, bought myself a auiii xr8 ute in blueprint a while ago.. was quite a good find.. average kms but it pretty solid condition.. has full leather, momo stuff, premo sound (which is still crappy haha) was kind of a down grade after i sold my ba xr8 ute, i'm a tradesmen and a black ute with big wide wheels and tan leather wasnt overly practical haha

i was actually quite shocked how good the au utes are!!!! power is lacking but its beautiful too drive and seems too tow alot better??

anyways once i get a chance i'll make a little build thread.

cheers abzy
abzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #243
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Welcome mate, and yes, pics of the AU ute would be appreciated. Post them in the AU section if you can.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #244
prn31

Hey, guys this is my first post.

I've just bought a 2000 AUII Fairmont Wagon in Liquid Silver with 257K on the clock.

I needed a tow vehicle to tow my race car and it was a cheap buy. Had if fully serviced prior to a recent trip to Queensland (new brakes, transmission service including plumbing an oil cooler in) and it didn't miss a beat.

Had the LCD Climate Control module overhauled by that crowd in Melbourne. Also bought a set of AUI Tickford 17 inch wheels on ebay, which should be easier to clean than the Fairmont alloys.

It needs a new set of shock absorbers (Monroe GT Gas) and I'm toying up whether I should do anything else to make it handle better - nolathane bushes in the front anti-roll bar and possibly putting a rear anti-roll bar in or amaybe Polyair springs in the back. I don't want to lower the car. I guess I should start another thread for this.
prn31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #245
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Sounds nice mate..!!
Welcome to AFF..
make sure you get some pics up of it..

Cheers

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #246
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Welcome prn31. The wagon sounds good - you can always rely on an AU to be solid! Build thread and pics would be great. Have to love a liquid silver (I'm biased) wagon!

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2011, 08:20 AM   #247
El Caballo
Token American

Default Newb to the AU and to Brizzy

Hello everyone, my name is Ted but my interwebs handle has been El Caballo for over ten years. I used to write for the newsletter for the Carolina Regional Mustang Club and the header for the column was El Caballo which in Spanish means "The Horse". Now I hail from Houston Texas but I've lived in lots of places, its just Houston is where I have my home right now. I live here in Brizvegas working on a project for BHP that is in Mackay. I'm not new to Oz as I had been living in WA for the past year and a half working on another BHP project. I lived in Perth on Scarborough Beach, it was heaven, so because I enjoyed that they sent me down to Bunbury. Nice little town, but I was having much more fun in Perth. But now I'm in Brizzy and thus far I like it fine. I'll be moving from the hotel in the CBD out to Northgate into a neat little Queenslander and I look forward to getting settled in.

Now for cars; I've been a Ford guy since I could remember, although to be honest I have a guilty secret of loving Cadillacs as well. My first car I bought was back in 1984 for $500, it was a 1966 Mustang coupe. Back then it was just another 17 year old car; how about now? I've owned four other pony cars after that and waiting at home for me is my 2007 Mustang GT. I've owned a few foreign cars, but for the exception of my '69 Merc 280S and an '87 Honda Civic, they have all been more of a PITA than they were worth. I got rid of the 260E that I was driving in WA, while it was mostly trouble free, mostly that is, it won't pass RWC here to get rego. I won't even get into what just the parts and labour would cost, suffice to say I could buy another car with that money. As it happens, I did, and I had money left over.

I bought a '99 AU Futura, 218k, silver in colour and in decent nick as y'all say. I'm to pick it up this Friday. I realize that it is a Series 1 car, but it is a survivor and whoever had it previously actually cared for it, log book and all. Believe me, I've seen some pretty ratty AU2 and AU3's in my search for a car. I'm not sure it is really any worse than having an E series Falcon or a later AU or even a BA for that matter. It will have its own peculiarities is all really. Fortunately I'm pretty handy with my tools and I have a bunch here with me. Additionally I have a bunch of mates from a traditional hot rodding car club that I belong to here in Brizzy who are always ready to turn a wrench and drink a beer with.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I hope to learn heaps about the ins and outs of Falconry here. Thanks...

Ted aka El Caballo

El Caballo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #248
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Welcome Ted. Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums. Great choice of car, I am sure the AU will not let you down, IMO they are one of the best modern day cars built by Ford Aust. If looked after, and it sounds like the one you picked up has been, they are generally reliable and will look after you.

Cheers and again, Welcome. I hope you enjoy the car and the forums.
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 25-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #249
prn31

Here are a couple of photos of my AUII Fairmont Wagon, as promised. Sorry but I can't make the photos any bigger, but you get the idea...

The first is on holiday in the Gold Coast hinterland:

Attachment 69689

The second is transporting the race car, on the New England Highway en route to Sydney:

Attachment 69690

It seems to handle the load ok...

Paul

Last edited by prn31; 06-02-2012 at 04:43 PM.
prn31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #250
falconhell74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi lads just bought an AU 's' picking it up saturday from brissy & driving it back to gladdy. 3rd AU i've owned but first since joining this forum. 1st was au 2 forte wagon Blue I put 17'S on her , 2.5" cat back single muffler red back sports system , pod filter directly on to throttle body & vapourate.2nd AU s1 extaxi 700odd tho km streight gas through ea centerpoint manifold never skipped a beat3rd yet to phisicly see black s2 's' factory rear spoiler & xr6 mags paid $1500-00 for it. I'll post pics when I get her home. Any one know if there are any other 's' features other than rear wing & xr6 mags?

Audi A4 S-line quttro
Xc falcon
Previous fords-
xc falcon 500 ,250 x flow 3 speed
xc gs worked 250 x flow 4 speed
xa Fairmont 302 auto wagon
xb falcon 250 log auto 4 door
xb falcon 200 log auto ute
xc gs project - had to sell :-(
xc gs 302 4 speed 4 door
xc gs 351 auto 4 door
zf fairlane 302 auto
zk fairlane 250 x flow carb auto
zl fairlane 250 x flow EFI auto
xg ute , BA falcon dedicated gas
xd, xf x 3 ,ea,eb,ef,au x 3,telstar tx5
falconhell74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #251
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Looking nice fellas. Hope to see more photos down the track.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 06-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #252
peasant
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by _CRUZ_
Kewl, i have an au1, located on the Goldie, Work in Real Estate, have done car servicing, parts sales, car sales, some panel and paint work, upholstry, graphix on cars, car detailing, lol maybe i need to get back into some car career not property.

Any how im 35 ouch, almost married, trying to get divorced before it happens, trying to find free time.

Nice to meet yaz
Hi if you sayin' ouch at 35 what are you goin to be sayn' at 53 & that is not very far away for you. Sorry I have been roaming around this forum trying to find out how to lift the cover of the elec. window switches cos the right hand switch is flopping around doing nothing & the window is down. caution dont get married with that attitude.

Last edited by peasant; 06-11-2011 at 06:18 PM.
peasant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #253
peasant
Starter Motor

Hi just noticed that all posts are dated 2009 & before are there newer posts in here?

Last edited by peasant; 06-11-2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #254
peasant
Starter Motor

Hi Mont5.0 I noticed that there were 3 ppl active at the moment I replied to the other peson who has gone . just wondering if many ppl are on line at any time. not a custom/sreet car person these days , started driving in a Mk111 ford Zephyr. but currently have a 2002 au xls cab chassis with alum. tray
Old 06-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #255
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Hi peasant. Welcome aboard. Nice to have you in the AU online comunity. If you are trying to find an answer, here is not the place to ask. You are more than welcome and encouraged to post your question in the general AU section.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=241

You will be surprised with the amount of knowledge here on these forums.

Again welcome
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 06-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #256
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Welcome all new AU lovers. Maybe ill get off my **** one day & post a pic or two of my new AU.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #257
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
Welcome all new AU lovers. Maybe ill get off my **** one day & post a pic or two of my new AU.
Stop talking about it fanboy and doooeit!

Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 15-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #258
sirchAU
'mechanically-challenged'

G'day all, been reading here for a couple of weeks since i got my AU, and started a 'build' thread last night. Check it out in my sig.

I'm not the most mechanically minded person, and to be honest don't know all that much about cars, but am willing to learn and hoping to pick a few things up along the way, and in the meantime attempt to learn more about my car too.
Before this car I'd never really had a car i liked enough to want to learn more about it (my last car was a Magna, yuck), let alone modify. Really love this car and hoping it will be with me for at least another 100,000kms.

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited by sirchAU; 15-11-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: didn't introduce myself (name)
sirchAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #259
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirchAU
G'day all, been reading here for a couple of weeks since i got my AU, and started a 'build' thread last night. Check it out in my sig.

I'm not the most mechanically minded person, and to be honest don't know all that much about cars, but am willing to learn and hoping to pick a few things up along the way, and in the meantime attempt to learn more about my car too.
Before this car I'd never really had a car i liked enough to want to learn more about it (my last car was a Magna, yuck), let alone modify. Really love this car and hoping it will be with me for at least another 100,000kms.
Welcome sirchAU. I will be sure to check out your thread.

Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 25-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #260
MY99XR
Starter Motor

Hey all im Brett 44 from Lithgow have just brought my first AU a 1999 XR8 auto full body kit with twin rear spoiler have always been a X series man but god darn u have to love the creature coforts of the later models cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19112011031 (500x281).jpg (129.4 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by MY99XR; 25-11-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: add picture
MY99XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #261
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Welcome mate...!

I'd take that it handles well around the Great Mountain while doing a "suitable" speed?

by the way, feel free to chuck up a build thread here: http://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=135
Old 25-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #262
MY99XR
Starter Motor

Well being that im a racing member of Bathurst Light Car Club ummmmm lets just say it handles Wonderful in some places and scares the crap out of u in others areas lol but that might just be me and not knowing the car as of yet more testing to come lol
MY99XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #263
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Nice pickup Brett. Nice to see one with a sunroof. Looks good.

Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 12-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #264
Broders
Starter Motor

Hey Guys,

Just bought a AUIII, and these forums have been a great spot for sorting a few things out (the oil leak from the timing tensioner was a major time & $ saver!). Thanks to everyone for your help!

Cheers,
Matt.

Broders is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #265
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broders
Hey Guys,

Just bought a AUIII, and these forums have been a great spot for sorting a few things out (the oil leak from the timing tensioner was a major time & $ saver!). Thanks to everyone for your help!

Cheers,
Matt.

Welcome Broders.

Nice looking Ute you have picked up there. Well done.

Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 13-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #266
sirchAU
'mechanically-challenged'

G'day Broders, welcome! Nice ute mate, don't see too many AU utes with the Fairmont Ghia grille. Looks good.
Old 31-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #267
MegaBob
Starter Motor

G'day guys, first post on this board. My first car was an old TR Magna which try as I might, I couldn't like. So, the Magna died an unceremonious death and I had just saved enough money to get that AU Falcon I've always wanted (seriously, I love AUs, always have). So now I cruise around in a liquid silver II Forte sedan. I can chuck up a photo, but I'm pretty sure you've all seen a silver AU before. When I scrimp up enough money I'm hoping to throw a few additional things on there, like wheels and I'm leaning towards a Fairlane kit. But that's a while away unfortunately.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!
MegaBob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #268
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBob
G'day guys, first post on this board. My first car was an old TR Magna which try as I might, I couldn't like. So, the Magna died an unceremonious death and I had just saved enough money to get that AU Falcon I've always wanted (seriously, I love AUs, always have). So now I cruise around in a liquid silver II Forte sedan. I can chuck up a photo, but I'm pretty sure you've all seen a silver AU before. When I scrimp up enough money I'm hoping to throw a few additional things on there, like wheels and I'm leaning towards a Fairlane kit. But that's a while away unfortunately.

Anyway, nice to meet you all!
Welcome aboard MegaBob. Well done on the purchase of you AUII. Liquid silver is one of the best colours, but I am biased. A pretty simple rule of the forums, there are never enough photos, so if you can post some for all of us to appreciated, I am sure you will not go wrong.

Happy New Year and again, welcome.
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 25-01-2012, 08:26 AM   #269
leonbray
Cougar Owner

Howdy all. Just graduated from XG to AU3 XLS with X code engine, CD stacker, tickford wheels, phone presenter with 123,000km. Now to build it to the same stage as the XG. The eBay parcels have already started to arrive - XR6 leather wheel, new power window switches, leather trim for arm rests and console, cabin tidy.

Low the AU - so much more room to play with bits like double din sat nav units and seats are more comfortable than our FG.

Just need to find someone to re-do the outer bolsters on the drivers seat.

AUIII XLS with Tickford bits, 1968 XR7 (302W 4v roller cam), 1969 Convertible (302W),
leonbray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #270
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

GDay and welcome .sounds like you got some fun ahead, hope you start a build thread and keep us up to date . If its just the foam bolster the has collapsed they are still available from Ford , they used to rub through on the inner bar , warranty fix was to put some insulation tape around the offending bar seems to work had mine done and got 6 years out of it this time

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post