Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Default Unopenable money tins.

I am kicking myself I never got one of these earlier. I went to the reject shop on my break at work two weeks ago and picked one up for $3. It's one of those large ones with a $20 bill on it. You can't open it unless you use a can opener, so this is good in case I get tempted to open it and spend the contents. So far I have roughly $120 in there, it is probably more as my rough counting in my head is not very up to date. I've been putting any coins I get in it plus any note up to a $20.
Just chucked in another $12.50 in coins actually, and this is all from me not eating junk food, drinking the odd beer, buying the odd snack etc. My aim is to save $2,000 to help fund an airbag kit for my next car. I won't open it till I literally cannot put another coin in it. At this rate, Christmas!
Who else has one of these amazing inventions
I recommend parents buy one for the kids and encourage them to start saving. It might only be little bits here or there but long term it will pay off.
I also put ~$500 into savings in the bank each week, depending on expenses for the week. By November I'll be in a new car and loving it. Who'd have thought saving was so easy? Forgo the little luxuries for a while and live as far within your means as possible and you can save massive amounts of money.
Once I fill and open my $20 tin I'm going to buy another and have it as my modification fund money tin.
Anyone else got one and do the same or similar as me?

Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post