Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default Ve Walkinshore Commadore !!!

: WELL holden have done it again and come up with one above ford as usual. they have come up with a new walkinshore commidore in what looks like a kirmit green colour, with dark argent wheels and a custom bonnet and matching interior , and yes it is BLOWN .
370KW 740Nm . what can i say . fords and FPV's marketing just doesnt cut it with performance cars . it's sad watching holden performance always leading the way .
it's on the cover or this months MOTOR . magazine . anyone seen it and feel the same .

Old 11-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #2
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a one off custom built car for a particular customer (built by Walkinshaw). Nothing to do with Holden really...

You could walk into Herrods and do the same thing with a Gt.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Repost, and for the money it costs you could have an F6 that would eat it.

EDIT: And what has this got to do with Ford/FPV? Holden/HSV, as far as I know, had nothing to do with it, it was Walkinshaw. It's the same as saying Holden is sad because some random tuner made an XR6T have 350rwkw. Pointless thing to say IMHO.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 11-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
Dilan

Too ricey, the FPV's look more mature!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
TS50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and if that interior wasnt enoughto make you vomit, but its 150 large, you can get some mighty fine pieces of metal for that sort of dollars
Old 11-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
gtfpv
GT

perhaps i jumped the gun not reading the article 1st . sorry guys i thought these were going into production.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

"Whoop di do Basil!"

Meh doesn't impress me at all, anyone can through dosh and make something quick, when it comes from the factory Ill be stunned.

Good on them for getting some exposure though. But since when do Tuners get on the cover....
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 11-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #8
Wokkas
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In 2003, there was a supercharged Monaro vs supercharged XR8, and an APS tuned 400Kw XR6t on the cover. Last year there was a yellow supercharged R8 on the cover.

Continually reading about comparos with stock XR8 vs SS, and XR6t vs WRX bores me to tears. I say bring these articles on. It shows some of the ignorant people who read those magazines, that a car is no just limited to how it rolls off the production line.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wokkas
In 2003, there was a supercharged Monaro vs supercharged XR8, and an APS tuned 400Kw XR6t on the cover. Last year there was a yellow supercharged R8 on the cover.

Continually reading about comparos with stock XR8 vs SS, and XR6t vs WRX bores me to tears. I say bring these articles on. It shows some of the ignorant people who read those magazines, that a car is no just limited to how it rolls off the production line.
Ignorant?...

LOL...im sure anyone who buys Motor and Wheels are well aware of the after market guys, still dont think it deserves a cover.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 11-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #10
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a very missleading cover that's for sure....
Its Just some riced up customer car.
If this "creation" cost 140K imagine what one from HSV would cost considering the R+D costs, ADR compliance costs, warranty compliance costs etc, 200K+??

Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #11
5.0failane

I got sucked in by this too, almost made buy the mag just to see what it was. Luckily I read on here what it was, I'm pretty glad I didnt by the mag. 140K for 370kw... any XR6T with 15k of mods would do that!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #12
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
perhaps i jumped the gun not reading the article 1st . sorry guys i thought these were going into production.
MOTOR should be sorry for misleading advertising, not you...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 PM   #13
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

HAHA love the Austin Powers reference!!!
:
Old 11-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #14
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Motor have a history of putting stuff on the cover like that. I just dont buy it anymore. The only way I would buy it would be if I did it by mistake because it was sealed and stopped me from reading it first.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #15
xr8man83
Grunt Files

i hope it dont look as crap as the old walkinshaw
Old 11-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #16
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8man83
mate looks fantastic .

what happened to DJR ?????
Old 11-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #17
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

6.0L V8 + S/C = 370Kw....

Wow... _ Not impressed, especially for the price, not to mention a one off car got the cover of a production car mag... WTF :
Old 11-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #18
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
6.0L V8 + S/C = 370Kw....

Wow... _ Not impressed, especially for the price, not to mention a one off car got the cover of a production car mag... WTF :
walkinshaw musta got the cheque book out for that one!!

i think the aps turbo was on the cover when it hit 307kph though??

EDIT: thinkin about it the aps phase cars aren't one off.......
Old 11-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #19
CATFORD
SCALDED CAT

You guys are so Biased....you sound like a bunch of Holden supporters....good on them....what was the last concept car Ford came up with here in Australia.....XR6T Drift car....now that is a Woopdi Do Basil car....come on...give them some credit....for at least trying....FPV are to worried about what new sticker combo to use on the BF MkIII!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:45 PM   #20
martO
meh

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his efforts in creating the monthly Photoshop competitions and advice/tips on how to use Photoshop. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Its a very missleading cover that's for sure....
Whats even more missleading is the fact that the walkinshaw style bonnet is actually a photoshop. Its not really on the car, the MOTOR guys thought meh, lets get peoples attention and say the Walkinshaw is back..
Old 11-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #21
Sundeep
Banned

Who gives a ****... we'd all be stoked if a 7000KW torque monster modified Typhoon got a cover. That'd be sick.

So what, it's a new model, let them have their day.

Sundeep
Old 11-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #22
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

I think what would be good is MOTOR did a direct comparison between this walkinshaw or similar product against a herrod enhanced GT with the new Yella terra intercooled supercharger. Instead MOTOR always seem to go to Holdens aftermarket mobs. It sucks, in the last 5yrs of subscriptions, theres only been 2 aftermarket tests ,a phase 3 xr6 turbo from APS and herrod's 1st supercharged effort. Every other Mag has Holden aftermarket crap. Even it up please????????

Back to the Green Booga........................I'd prefer a Beeemer/Merc/Audi for the dosh.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #23
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8man83
The old Plastic pigs looks horn
Best looking body kit on a commodore by far
The VL pig reins supreme I love em
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Old 11-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #24
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

the 150 odd k just doesnt cover engine goodies - it covers what he wanted with interior etc...its a one off custom car and the owner is obviously happy with a blown 370kw's...im sure you could get more out of it, but it seems as though more has gone into the asthetics
Old 11-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #25
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFORD
You guys are so Biased....you sound like a bunch of Holden supporters....good on them....what was the last concept car Ford came up with here in Australia.....XR6T Drift car....now that is a Woopdi Do Basil car....come on...give them some credit....for at least trying....FPV are to worried about what new sticker combo to use on the BF MkIII!!!
HELLO HELLO apart from build the car to stock specs, what else did Holden or HSV do to this vehicle? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that it is nothing. It is a creation by WALKINSHAW not Holden. If Holden made it it would be a different story, the EFIJY was truly unique and deserving of a cover on anything, but this is just a customers car, a one off, that has been made to order. Saying Holden made it is like saying Ford had something to do with Herrod's stuff. Also correct grammar and punctuation would be nice, your version I find hard to read.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #26
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just means ford can make there GTHO V10 like all us dream about

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #27
CATFORD
SCALDED CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
HELLO HELLO apart from build the car to stock specs, what else did Holden or HSV do to this vehicle? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that it is nothing. It is a creation by WALKINSHAW not Holden. If Holden made it it would be a different story, the EFIJY was truly unique and deserving of a cover on anything, but this is just a customers car, a one off, that has been made to order. Saying Holden made it is like saying Ford had something to do with Herrod's stuff. Also correct grammar and punctuation would be nice, your version I find hard to read.
Have a read Officer:-

http://glassguide.goauto.com.au/mell...257243001C45C8

http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0...-21822,00.html

Sorry for the grammer I suppose you are such a highly educated 24 y.o Security officer.....look I'm sure Holden and HSV have put some money into that car....Walkinshaw has always worked closely with Holden and HSV....also Walkinshaw owns HSV Dealer Team and HRT....so I'm guessing the manufacturer did have something to do with that car!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #28
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Sorry for the grammer I suppose you are such a highly educated 24 y.o Security officer.....look I'm sure Holden and HSV have put some money into that car....Walkinshaw has always worked closely with Holden and HSV....also Walkinshaw owns HSV Dealer Team and HRT....so I'm guessing the manufacturer did have something to do with that car!
I beg your pardon but just because I choose to be a Security Officer does not have anything to do with my intellect. Also just because HRT is owned by Holden/HSV has nothing to do with a certain customers car, this is not the 70's where they were basically production vehicles. The car is a customers car, not a production model. This has been said many times so I don't think we really need to cover old ground. END OF STORY.

EDIT: The link that you edited in has absolutely nothing to do with the car in question here.

Last edited by RG; 12-01-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #29
CATFORD
SCALDED CAT

Just saying HOLDEN/HSV deserve credit for the car....thats it....HSV did build it....let them have the coverage....if it was Ford you would all be saying how awesome it was and Ford are the best....seriously...loyalty has it limits!!!

That it....also I wasn't saying you were not unintelligent ethier!!! Remember its a forum....not a essay contest!!!

Sorry for offending you!!!
Old 12-01-2007, 12:06 AM   #30
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Just saying HOLDEN/HSV deserve credit for the car....thats it....HSV did build it....let them have the coverage....if it was Ford you would all be saying how awesome it was and Ford are the best....seriously...loyalty has it limits!!!

That it....also I wasn't saying you were not unintelligent ethier!!! Remember its a forum....not a essay contest!!!

Sorry for offending you!!!
Even if that car was an AUII XR8 I would say it is ugly.
Closed Thread