Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #61
mg1978
Starter Motor

Default Re: HOW TO Change sparkplug leads, plugs, & coil Pack

thanks this was a great help....
mg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #62
BigJamo
Yep ... BOOSTED

The AU2 we have just hit 250,000 and Im in the process of doing a front to rear revamp on whatever she needs.

I will start a thread soon enough with all the details and I will be back next week with some photos our our new Family Member ... 2014 FG mk2 Turbo.

Oh yeah, just like to say I have been doing a bit of homework by searching through the AFF threads and although I dont post very often, this site is a God send and an irreplaceable asset to us DIY enthusiasts.

Thanks Whoosha and AFF.
2014 (Feb) FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
6 speed Manual
BigJamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2017, 10:38 PM   #63
moneypit

Always go with NGK spark plugs and leads on the fords. That or genuine Ford. I've found that with other brands you get misfires.

Oh yeah never ever use any engine oil filter besides Ford/Motorcraft either. Other brands have plastic overpressure valves and retainers. Motorcraft have metal ones.

Part No is:
Motorcraft AFL 1 MC

You can get them on ebay for as little as $10 + $7 P&H. I ended up buying 4x ages ago and have 3 left.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-genui...-/252893266477

And never ever use 10w50. 10w40 would be common choice. Don't get ones with Zinc, Cars with cats are poisoned by zinc.

I'm going to try out 10w30 and see how that goes in mine. It should be fine.

Last edited by moneypit; 15-06-2017 at 11:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #64
bubbadamaged
Starter Motor

@OP can u post images (i cant see them) on a differant imagehost than photobucket?
bubbadamaged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post