Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
DAMO 58
Previously TUNGA

Default XR8 ticking sound

Recently my car has developed a ticking sound at idle.it seems to be coming from the passenger side of the engine bay. Its got me stumpped can anyone give me a clue as to what it might be .

cheers Damo

Old 10-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
sbcb
BA Xr8

Default Re: XR8 ticking sound

Solenoid for the charcoal canister. Best advice is to wrap some sound deadening material around it as they pretty much all do it.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...cking+charcoal
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...cking+charcoal
My Ford List - AU1 Futura, AU1 Cobra XR8, EB Gli Project Car, AU2 XR8 200kw, AU1 Fairmont Ghia VCT, AU1 V8 Tickford Fairmont Ghia, BF Xr6 6spd ZF, BA MkII XR8, AU3 Fairmont, SX Territory, AU3 Xr8 220kw, BA Xr8.
sbcb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post