Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
brett7777
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Anyone tried Humex exhaust?

Also known as Sterling brand. Thinking of trying a big bore catback for my BF. They make exhausts for various Ford models so just wondering if anyone's tried them?
We can't get Redback, Xforce etc in NZ, so this is one of the few options at a reasonable price.
Links:
http://humex.com.au/catalog/index.php
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-...-458506339.htm

brett7777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: Anyone tried Humex exhaust?

Humex actually make a few different brands including Redback so it all comes off the same production line in Albury.
Old 19-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
brett7777
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So do you think it might be similar to (or the same as) a Redback catback? What are redback catbacks like?
Old 19-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
dylby1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Redback exhausts are really good from everything ive read about them

1993 Honda VFR750F
dylby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

I run a redback cat back exhaust, from Hurricane headers and cat, the exhaust is fine, not extremely loud, but makes itself present when you want it to.

But if you want it louder, just a matter of changing the sports mufflers to hotdogs, no droning that I've experienced.

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
brett7777
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is it worth getting a 2.5" big bore catback then? are there any benefits in terms of power increase? or should I just get my mufflers replaced with hotdogs?
Old 23-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

2.5" is a big as you should go, it's up to you really though, I don't think there's any dyno results to say otherwise though.

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey mate autopassion in Christchurch are x-force importers, you also have Rage big bores (made in nz). Any of the tune shops in Auckland can also supply/fit most brands cheers...
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
brett7777
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7
Hey mate autopassion in Christchurch are x-force importers, you also have Rage big bores (made in nz). Any of the tune shops in Auckland can also supply/fit most brands cheers...
yep, i know about Rage, they are about 100 dollars more than the humex, dunno if I'd be gaining anything. didnt know about autopassion. will probably got to Woolf, they will custom make me a system for a grand, & they come well recommended (lots of people here in NZ have said not to buy Rage, dunno why. but it put me off a bit).