Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #91
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Executive summary in a report, a condensed version of the entire report right at the start, pointing out the findings and solutions and a conclusion.

I can understand on a huge report, but under 20 pages? Just read it if you want to find out the findings, solutions. Otherwise don't ask for it to be created if you prefer not to read it

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 09-05-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #92
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I laugh when reading some of the hubby/wife paraphernalia stuff, yeah, it's just the beginning...
I have to convince my compadres that the following is true...
The weatherman on TV says, "Rain tomorrow".
Tomorrow comes and no rain?
My (now) ex would say to me - "It hasn't rained!"
I'd agree with her observation. The demand was...
"What are you going to do about it?"
That left me stumped. We had a retric bore, I guess I could press start, then again, my ex could press start just as well as I without conversation. But seriously, the Weather Folk made my life hell, which why I decided to get a new life.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #93
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

Stupid twit p -plate drivers that think they own the road

Driving home in the DARK tonight, and had a red P follow me in his VR/VS commode. Got so close that I couldn't see his headlights in my side mirrors. Turns out it was someone from work because he was "bored"

Was actually about to call the cops because I was getting worried. Now he has got all his friends to have a go at me 'cause I didn't appreciate the fact he could have killed me!

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #94
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheaply made, expensive, toilet paper.........

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #95
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I hate it when you have someone in a great big hulking 4wd occupy the right lane who wont pass the car to their left.

You flash your lights, honk your horn and they still don't get the message.... then the little buzz box that was holding the 4wd up that you never saw due to monster 4wd shoots left and the 4wd gives you the finger amd hightails it....

... I felt pretty bad about that one :/

Tl; dr version: being wrong about things sucks
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #96
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

I hate driving from blackwater to Rockhampton on a friday night after work..
they call them "mine utes" for good reason...

and thats usually because thats the size of the brain behind the steering wheels of them.
cant wait for the drive back out sunday night.
H.G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #97
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I hate it when a customer comes in, takes up 20mins of my time, has me checking prices, offering discounts and using my knowledge. Then they turn around and say, I am just looking for prices right now. In the mean time I have missed out on 2 paying customers (my new job has commissions). I am not a pushy guyand go out of my way to help a customer even to the point I have missed out on sales by explaining they don't need a new item because the one they already have will do the job, but to waste my time for 20mins, having known you were not going to buy and cost me actual sales. That annoys me.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #98
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27 View Post
I hate it when a customer comes in, takes up 20mins of my time, has me checking prices, offering discounts and using my knowledge. Then they turn around and say, I am just looking for prices right now. In the mean time I have missed out on 2 paying customers (my new job has commissions). I am not a pushy guyand go out of my way to help a customer even to the point I have missed out on sales by explaining they don't need a new item because the one they already have will do the job, but to waste my time for 20mins, having known you were not going to buy and cost me actual sales. That annoys me.
That was the reason why a store owner in Cooparoo added a $5 browsing fee for those who enter her store without buying. She was portrayed in the media as some kind of nut case, but her reasons for it made it seem understandable.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #99
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC200six View Post
That was the reason why a store owner in Cooparoo added a $5 browsing fee for those who enter her store without buying. She was portrayed in the media as some kind of nut case, but her reasons for it made it seem understandable.
I got the shock of my life in a Berlin travel agent when they explained to me they charge x euros an hr when helping with funding flights and quoting prices...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #100
Spudz27
Call me Spud

My god I could flood the thread tonight lol. All I will say is refer to previous post, but add customers using up 45mins-1hr and the whinging customer, 1hr of my time whinging about everything, then saying they will take something and then deciding at the last minute they want black not white (ipad ffs) so make me order one instead.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #101
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
then saying they will take something and then deciding at the last minute they want black not white (ipad ffs) so make me order one instead.
they are still buying one aren't they - and they should get the colour they want
why should they take a colour they don't want
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #102
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67 View Post
they are still buying one aren't they - and they should get the colour they want
why should they take a colour they don't want
because what does the colour matter when 99% of people put covers on them and you can't see the original colour anyway.. so for that one purchase sure you're still making money but your losing time over semantics. money comes and goes.. time can never be bought back!
bloody first world problems!

(couldnt resist)
Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #103
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Because a. They spent an hr whinging to me, b. They said yes to white, made me go out to the warehouse to get it and then decided while I was out there, they will get black. Plus they were buying a case that covered the whole thing except the screen.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #104
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.G View Post
because what does the colour matter when 99% of people put covers on them and you can't see the original colour anyway.. so for that one purchase sure you're still making money but your losing time over semantics. money comes and goes.. time can never be bought back!
bloody first world problems!

(couldnt resist)
I am not making any money which makes it worse as there is no profit on apple products. Apple dictate the price and at the moment they are a whopping $10 above cost.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #105
gtxb67

Quote:
They spent an hr whinging to me
so you then whinge to us

you got a sale didn't you - they could have just gone to another shop/shopping centre or just ordered online

the problem isn't sales people who don't care
or customers that aren't appreciative

it is that there are both of those people in this world
Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #106
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Nah mate I never got a sale out of it, they just ordered it in. Has nothing to do with me. And as for the comment about sales people who don't care. In the last few days I have given up a number of sales because a customer has explained something to me and it turns out they don't need to buy anything at all, also I am supposed to try and push antivirus etc on them when they buy laptops etc, yet I am giving up commission to let them know that avast is free and probably better. I just don't appreciate being ****ed around for an hour. And yep I whinge here, don't you hate that lol.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #107
gtxb67

Quote:
And yep I whinge here, don't you hate that lol.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #108
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Going out to dinner and getting a shared set menu... Something about not being able to choose what I want when I go to a resteraunt makes me mildly angry.... Ps just came home from doing this lol
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #109
DaveD

Electrical appliances with short cords/leads to plug into the wall. Dear manufacturer, please make them 2 metres long minimum, from now on. Cheers.
DaveD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2013, 12:07 AM   #110
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I hate it when you organize a dinner out well in advance with lots of invites, double and triple check definites of who is coming, they say the come on one day, next day they say they cant make it, the day after they say they can, i make a booking only to be told hours from the dinner, they can't make it for the most lamest reason ever. Usually its because they got a better offer elsewhere.

What happened to the days of letting your 'yes' mean YES?

I dislike indecisive people who refuse to commit in case there is a better offer. This goes for any situation. Id rather be told no straight out than be left hanging or being accused later for being a snob and not inviting/including them. Sick of it.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #111
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyXR6T View Post
Going out to dinner and getting a shared set menu... Something about not being able to choose what I want when I go to a resteraunt makes me mildly angry.... Ps just came home from doing this lol
I dont mind shared menus but dislike those who insist on equal share of the bill especially if you ordered far less than everyone else. Why the F should I pay more for a share I had nothing of?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #112
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I dont mind shared menus but dislike those who insist on equal share of the bill especially if you ordered far less than everyone else. Why the F should I pay more for a share I had nothing of?
Yeh that's what was getting to me too. They serve out dishes in the middle of the table then everyone digs in... First in best dressed really but still equal pay at the end. I would rather pay for a nice big steak that I know only I will be eating
2 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #113
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I smiled reading through these posts and thought I'd just read and move on. But now I'd like to add some things. So here goes, some things I can't stand.

1. When 2 lanes merge on the freeway, the car in the lane that merges goes all the way to the very end and then forces his way into my lane. To make it worse, he does it without even blinking. At least blinking is like asking to get in......well to me. I use my blinker and I give a wave of thank you after I get into the lane if I'm merging. And I NEVER go to the very very end and force my way in. What a freeway bully. grr.....

2. Drivers who think that the speed limit sign which reads "speed limit 55" means that's the fastest you can go therefore you MUST drive way slower like 40 to make sure you don't get near 55. grr.....

3. I get to a parking lot and find a stall at the end of a row in the corner so that I'm far away from other cars. I do that on purpose to avoid parking next to cars, getting my car dinged or scratched because we all know it happens in parking lots. Mind you, there are lots and lots of empty stalls. I go into the mall and do my shopping, have my Starbucks, relax, come back out and there ya go!!! A car is parked right next to mine when there's at least 30+ other open stalls to pick from! And crooked too! Why? Is my car a magnet or something? grr.....

4. Calling the customer service number for a certain company only to get the automated directory assistance voice. Press 1 for this, 2 for that, 3 if it's for this, 4 for that, 5 and 6 and 7. So I pick 7. I get the response, "invalid entry please try again." I try again. #7. "Invalid entry please try again." I try again. Hit #7. I guess after 2 mistakes that's it. The next msg I heard was "thank you for calling, please try again later." grr.....
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #114
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post

4. Calling the customer service number for a certain company only to get the automated directory assistance voice. Press 1 for this, 2 for that, 3 if it's for this, 4 for that, 5 and 6 and 7. So I pick 7. I get the response, "invalid entry please try again." I try again. #7. "Invalid entry please try again." I try again. Hit #7. I guess after 2 mistakes that's it. The next msg I heard was "thank you for calling, please try again later." grr.....
I dream of being able to press numbers when I call customer service centres now. They all seem to be moving to an automated voice saying "in a few words tell me what you're calling about today?". Then you hope the computer understands you and puts you through correctly or more likely its guessed what you've said, it's wrong and then repeat.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #115
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also hate the fact then when I visit another popular Ford Forum I get flamed for representing our aussie falcon with those members referring it only as a "taxi".
I hate that!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #116
H.G
Driver Returns On Foot

people too LAZY to put a shopping trolley in the designated TROLLEY AREA!!!
I could care less if you have 20 screaming kids.. get one one of them to do it..

and dont look at me like Im an a hole when I mention the TROLLEY BAY is only
20m away. CAR PARK <------> TROLLEY BAY... learn the difference!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #117
gtxb67

geez i love these threads - the amount of hypocrisy that is shown makes me laugh

many things annoy me, but after a few deep breaths, i realise that many times i am just as guilty as the person annoying me, sometimes more so
Old 12-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #118
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
a fair while ago, when my eldest was living at home, there was a special on large screen plasma tv's so "self", I said, "self, I shall purchase two of these".....one for me, one for the boy!

unbeknown to me the two remotes worked on either tv unless otherwise programmed....I know as much about this stuff as I do about nuclear science

sitting in the easy chair one night enjoying watching the new idiot box it suddenly changed station....."strange" I say's and put it back, a few minutes later it did it again

3 times in total until i got up to see what i could see at the tv......turning round, after finding nothing amiss, I see my son, his remote in hand standing behind my chair laughing so hard he had tears running down his cheeks.

kids are buggers at times
Slightly off topic but I did a similar thing a few weeks ago. While installing a remote control ceiling fan at a mates house I noticed the door bell ringing when pressing the "on" button on the fan remote. Turns out the fan remote shared the same frequency as the wireless door bell... Watching my mates wife answer the door to noone there was priceless lol
3 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #119
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeh that's what was getting to me too. They serve out dishes in the middle of the table then everyone digs in... First in best dressed really but still equal pay at the end. I would rather pay for a nice big steak that I know only I will be eating
I remember once my wife our boarder and I went out with a group of my wife's friends to lone star (remember them) any how there were a few non drinkers at the table so my border and I took it in terns of going to the bar all night so our drinks wouldn't turn up on the split bill

At the end of the night there was one couple who cracked the Sad's because they didn't drink and couldn't see why they had to pay the same as us even though they weren't drinking the demond drink and only had chicken whe I had steak (my wife had a burger and our boarder had chicken) (obviously didn't read the bill as there was only soft drinks on it and none of them were ours, so in effect we were paying for their soft drinks

What ****** me off then is they carried on like pork chops over it

It took a great night and turned it to ****

We haven't seen these people since and that was 1998

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #120
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Slightly off topic but I did a similar thing a few weeks ago. While installing a remote control ceiling fan at a mates house I noticed the door bell ringing when pressing the "on" button on the fan remote. Turns out the fan remote shared the same frequency as the wireless door bell... Watching my mates wife answer the door to noone there was priceless lol

you're a cruel, cruel man......but I like your thought process!

I hate indecisive people.......then again I'm not so sure!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: