Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-10-2005, 07:35 PM   #126
blackbart

I've had my 99 AU (175,000k's) Forte for 3 years and its been great. Few minor probs but nothing too bad.

-Slow fr windows, (lube as previously mentioned)
-boot mounts ripped out due to rust, took one off and use the other as a stand.
-fresh air/recycle button stuck on fresh, (just put it on AC max)
-started missing due to leads, ($90 ish for parts)
-NSR central locking actuator stuffed ($360 odd quote from Ford).

In Casper's post it mentions a MAP sensor problem. How noticeable is it when the sensor goes?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 07:56 PM   #127
The Monty
Just slidin'

Th fresh air/recycle switch went on my mums forte, 99. She just sticks a match in the top, and it holds there fine.
Old 26-10-2005, 12:18 PM   #128
Engineer
Cookie Monster

Default AU 2 XR8 problems

Hi Guys

My series 2 XR8 with 70K kms had these minoe issues

1) Rear IRS strut mounts. Totally toasted cost $175 from Ford for the pair and $200 to fit and wheel align. .
2) Rear stoplight globe. replaced for $3
3) Front and rear rotors warped (premium brakes). $280 dollars to remachine all rotors and deglaze pads (they were quite new).
4) rear handbrake ineffective: $40 to adjust
5) Master electric window switch failed: $0 . I took it apart and cleaned all the contacts under the buttons and regreased and reinstalled. Works perfect. The electrical contacts blacken easily prohibitng power flow across switch.

Apart from that its perfect!!

Regards
Engineer
Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 03:05 PM   #129
XR6BADBOY:P
MissYouBluePrint

Default Fuel issues XR6 Au

Hi,
Got a 2000 AU XR6. I am only getting 275Klms per tank around the city, recently I took it back to Ford and they replaced Fuel Sender.

To me is this really how many true klms I should get around the city, just doing little odd trips here and there?

Is it 4.0 litres X 65 litre take to work out the KLM.

Also does Gas give you much more for the $$$$.

Or is the car got further issues that ford do not want to tell me about?

I also got the injectors cleaned and cleaner added tot he fuel pump lines.

If anyone could give me so true information, or has suffered simlar problem and wishes to give some clear information greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by XR6BADBOY:P; 08-11-2005 at 04:18 PM.
XR6BADBOY:P is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 08:01 PM   #130
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

275 km per tank around the city? Holy hell! It should be around 450-600 km.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #131
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Just a query about Fresh Air/Recirculate switch I think the manual says its supposed to stay on Fresh Air unless on Air Max. (ie the switch will not lock)

Chris
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2005, 08:42 PM   #132
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

(edit) incorrect info.. 4:
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #133
MissYouBluePrint

275 km per tank around the city? Holy hell! It should be around 450-600 km.

Who would you take it to, to get it worked out properly other than ford?

It seems to be running like a V8 Supercar in a V6 Body, does that mean it's Chipped if it's going threw that much guzzle?
Old 09-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #134
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Mu Au2 4.0L get saround 480km a tank thats just running round.Ok ok with a fair bit of hard acceleration.Have you checked you dont have a fuel leak somewhere? If you change over to lpg it will take years to recoup your outlay and you can bet the stinking govt will eventually raise the price of lpg.
StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 09:34 PM   #135
MissYouBluePrint

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenAu2
Mu Au2 4.0L get saround 480km a tank thats just running round.Ok ok with a fair bit of hard acceleration.Have you checked you dont have a fuel leak somewhere? If you change over to lpg it will take years to recoup your outlay and you can bet the stinking govt will eventually raise the price of lpg.

Well can you detect small fuel leaks? Secondly yes it has been gushing out lately, so I am leaving it home next few days till I go to ford Saturday.

To dangerous, it absolutely stinks of fuel.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #136
almir22

i have a 2000 ford falcon future, it was working fine till yesterday, i washed the car underneath and since then it dosnt want to start or move the engine at all, all it does is make clicking noise when you try to start it.
whats going on there anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 10-11-2005, 09:41 PM   #137
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

you soaked the coil packs maybe????
probably needs drying ... or the solenoid on your starter motor is on it's way out.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 04:48 AM   #138
Timeshift

That's something i've always wondered... BP happy washes. The automatic systems as part of the deluxe wash do an "underbody" wash which sprays water jets underneath your car... why doesn't that stop the car from starting up?
Timeshift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 05:17 AM   #139
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

They only spray under your guards really ... I depends "how well" almir22 washed under his car.

I know i need to get under mine with degreaser and a high pressure hose ... but i know I have to avoid certain parts here and there.

Another thing is he could have high pressure sprayed a connector/vacuum hose off somewhere ... causing the car to not start as well. High pressure gernies aren't gentle.

A few things need to be checked .... it's a case of he's got water in somewhere ... or a cable/lead/hose has come off somewhere causing the problem.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:19 AM   #140
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeshift
That's something i've always wondered... BP happy washes. The automatic systems as part of the deluxe wash do an "underbody" wash which sprays water jets underneath your car... why doesn't that stop the car from starting up?
actual I remember the morning before the Peter Warren All Ford Day .... a mate went through one of those "brushless" high pressure washes ... and the under body spray somehow shorted out his alternator .... his car had to be towed home.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #141
Timeshift

And I bet BP simply said to him that they hold no responsibility for use of the car wash and he had to pay for a new alternator...
Timeshift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #142
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey guys,
Ive had mt AU for nearly two years now, and ive probly spent 4 times more on mods than repairs. The only thing it keeps doing is warping the discs bout every 12 mths, the usual thing cos of the crappy steel they make em out of. HAd electric windows and the central locking stuff up once but all easy fixed.
Only real problem with it is the great little knock its got in the engine... a common thing they all suffer eventually. Its got to do with the counterweights on the cam etc apparently. Its harmless but does get annoying some days when i t has a "loud day"
I'm lucky in the fact my local ford dealer's mechanics make sure she's all sweet and out on the road makin holdens look bad!!!
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2005, 11:47 PM   #143
potboy90
potboy90

i have a xr8 au11 injeters keep blocking
all ways run premo fuel and tryed diffent servos but still doing it
potboy90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2005, 02:37 PM   #144
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by potboy90
i have a xr8 au11 injeters keep blocking
all ways run premo fuel and tryed diffent servos but still doing it
Ive had that happen sometimes,but only usually a slight ticking. A bottle of injector cleaner every 3 tanks seems to stop it though
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 04:12 AM   #145
mick260682

Some problems i am having with my 1998 fairmont Ghia

climate control lcd missing some characters (very common problem it seems).
Transmission at low speeds not very smooth, this has me slightly worried as I am not very mechaniclly inclined and it may cost a bit.
Cruise control will not work when the headlights are on. it will read on the dash that the cruise is on but will not set however it will when the the lights are off.
Now i don't know if this is suppose to do this but when i have the car running and and have the head lights on and my foot on the brake then turn the ignition off the car will continue to run but when i take my foot off the brake the car will turn off or if i turn the lights off the car will turn off. in my opion that is strange.
And the handbrake needs ajusting.
But overall I love this car and I have always owned Holdens.
Does anybody else have these strange problems.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:27 AM   #146
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick260682
Transmission at low speeds not very smooth, this has me slightly worried as I am not very mechaniclly inclined and it may cost a bit.
When was the last time you had the transmission fluid changed?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:31 AM   #147
8pAc
RDP #181

Wow thats a wierd one, the worst problem I have is a crap handbrake that makes the Shssshhh shhssssssh noise when slow.
Camrys like most Toyotas have always been ugly, poorly equiped & brain crushingly dull but that's what a lot of people look for in a car unfortunately. I like my fridge, it keeps my beer cold other people like them so much they want to drive them it seems.
8pAc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #148
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

auto gearbox unable to handle towing/heavy load too well.
auto box heats up quickly ... needed a seperate oil cooler from factory (not just plumbing into a small section of the radiator).
Old 06-12-2005, 04:22 AM   #149
mick260682

I've got the car booked in to service the transmission on Friday which hasn't been done since i've owned it. I'm getting a new battery tomorrow, fixing the window tint on Saturday, and the latest on the Cruise control light thing is that it has been bought to my attention that the brake lights are always on when the lights are on, so it looks like a cross wire or something. also fixing the rear window tint on saturday.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:31 PM   #150
SIKSIX
Its gone V

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick260682
Some problems i am having with my 1998 fairmont Ghia

Cruise control will not work when the headlights are on. it will read on the dash that the cruise is on but will not set however it will when the the lights are off.
Now i don't know if this is suppose to do this but when i have the car running and and have the head lights on and my foot on the brake then turn the ignition off the car will continue to run but when i take my foot off the brake the car will turn off or if i turn the lights off the car will turn off. in my opion that is strange.

Does anybody else have these strange problems.
HEy mick i had the same problem in my xf falcon (besides the c/contorl) and went to a honest auto elec and he told me to change my tail lamp globes because they some times short to earth and spent $8.95 changing my rear lights (all of them) and fixed the problem..
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post