Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2019, 08:19 AM   #11
Trevor 57
is now there

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Please don't get me wrong Trev, I'm not complaining about my lot or envious of what you or anyone else has achieved, I'm happy for people who've worked hard and spent/saved/invested wisely to reap the rewards and hope to get there myself one day, but right now it's not my reality so you have to make do with what life presents even if that's camping in less desirable locations in the immediate future.

At the minute I'm sitting in the emergency dept. of my local hospital with a suspected perforated bowel from a severe bout of Diverticulitis, ive got the old man health issues down pat, just need the nest egg to compliment..
I didn't read it like that at all, I was showing some empathy for your position as I said in my opening statement - we have been there as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Our holidays are dirt cheap.
We bush camp 90% of the time, whether that's a council provided freebie on the side of the highway, or an isolated spot we find in some remote location hidden from everyone.

I don't like caravan parks, they cost too much, they cram you in like 5 Maoris in a Ford Fiesta, and the facilities are all too often sub standard.
However, sometimes we have to be in them for convenience, even we slum it sometimes...

I've been camping/traveling all my life, first with tent/sleeping bag and either car or motorbike.
In the last 10 years with the caravan in the the above pics, we inherited the van off a good friend who passed away, long story...

We mostly plonk ourselves ~20km outside of the towns, or much much further away.
Haven't had any problems with people or anything else, but we do travel in pairs (mostly) and with a couple of dogs.
We've had Dingos, lizards, and cane toads drink from the doggys water bowl though...

Wifey uses 90% of her holidays for going away, and I'm semi retired.
We usually go away for a minimum of 1 week, but normally between 3 and 6 weeks.
Wifey has 12 weeks LSL approved and we're going right around the block next.

Our van is only pint sized, but it's a burger with the lot.
I've renos on top of the renos over the years, it's a different van today.
In fact, over the last week I've just made a big hole in the side of it for the little Webber to pop in and out of.

We've done around 50,000km towing the caravan in the last 10 years and wouldn't have it any other way...
Love your style, you sound like you camp and travel like us, although we prefer to travel on our own - our days of other people dictating our holidays are well and truly over