Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Autotech Engineering

Autotech Engineering Autotech Engineering has been a leader for over a decade in providing vehicle owners with a one-stop shop for service, repairs, tuning and scheduled maintenance. Website Link

Old 31-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default 10.47@135mph new F6/ZF record

Big Marky aka Spoolman just smashed the F6 record that he'd previously set of 10.80@131mph on Saturday during the Test'n'Tune with a best time on Saturday at the AFF Drag Nats of 10.47@135mph. It was stripped down in near to full race trim so had alot of weight taken out which is the only way to go to get the really serious numbers on the board.

I'll leave it up to him to give you all the details but I'd just like to congratulate him on his outstanding effort, so Mark from me that's a huge pat on the back mate and I'll be around soon for some Chivas.

All the best
Stef
F6 Owners Club of Australia (official launch and website coming soon pm me for enquiries)
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
Bluey-GT
Luvin the V8 RUMBLE

Well............what can anyone say except..............WOW !!!!

135 MPH........ : ..............lucky it isn't SHOCKWAVE in colour.......the paint would have stripped off it half way down the track !!!!!!!!!
Bluey-GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. 

Thanks Stef and bad luck on Friday night..

Had a great weekend @ HPR @ the Ford Forum Nationals 89 cars raced nice size crowd.
For the 1st and would think the only time my F6 went in race trim, slicks front runners the only thing in the car was a factory drivers seat, gear stick, DVD screen on the roof, rear vision mirror and the roof lining, sun glass holder lights (will post pictures later).
No exhaust straight out of the dump, powered by Martini unleaded race fuel.

Car is still running 100% spec APS Phase 3, with a 4íí advance dump which was added few months back.
Factory turbo & manifold (not high flowed), factory plenum.
Result: 60 foot, 1.66, mid track 106mph, ET: 10.47@135, we also had another 2 passes that went 10.61, 10.67@135mph we also had another 2 x 10sec passes that went 137mph.
We could only boost to 8psi of the line once with slight wheel spin every time we went higher on the boosting of the line the tyres would just spin hit the limiter and short shift to 2nd, this is why there was no improvement on our 60 foot time from race to street trim.
Holding the car on the line whilst building boost the car starts squat or lower in the back then when you release there car it thrust forward the back comes up and it unloads the tyres on the start line, we run the slicks on10psi all day Saturday still spun the tyres.
Better springs and shocks in the front and rear didnít help, we need proper software for the auto or a Tranís break, taking the pressure of the drive line whilst building boost will stop the car from lowering at the back will before we take off.

Best news after flogging the car all weekend didnít break a thing, car will have the interior put back in this week and I am off to Tocumwal for the long weekend.
Car made 418.8rwkw on Herrods new mainline dyno, using Martini unleaded race fuel.

I have many people to thank who assisted me in getting this car down the track..

Spiro from Autotech flew to Melbourne last week to check the car tune, as I was not running an exhaust he said before the car goes down the strip he wants to look over the tuning, after 3 power runs and sandwich he was back on the plane to Sydney, was here in Melb only for 2 hoursÖAutotechís commitment is nothing short of AAA.

Rod @ Jack, all the boys from Market Place Autos, who prepared the car in race trim, they service my car.
Rod is a good mate and has an extensive knowledge of all cars which is a great help for advice whether it be street or strip.

Mauz the master
at the wheel 1st time for both of us on slicks and front runners his Friday night drive of 10.6 was brilliant, I am not sure how many of you have driven a proper slick on 10psi its weird every gear change feels like the car is steeping out.

Tony @ Dominello Automatic Transmissions,
there auto building I believe is in part why we can boost to 10 PSI consistently and haven't broke a drive-line part, very smart trans builder does many transmission for the big race teams, puts many hours of thought in to his work.

Danny @ Martini they make a very good drop of unleaded race fuel lubricants, these guys are genuinely enthusiastic about performance cars.

Jamie @ Calder Tilt Tray Service
trucked my car to the track.

Nev (mrgtp) for the use of his race wheels.

Chris & Theo @ Bluepower
for the rear tyres and general assistance.

Rob @ Herrod
for the use of his new mainline dyno and general assistance.

And to the people on these Forums who come say hello at all our events, send me PMís,text or ring me with ideas and support and who share the passion in what most of love is racing and enjoying our cars. :

I will post dyno sheet, timeslip and pictures inside and outside of the car later today.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang ET:11.10

Last edited by SpoolMan; 31-05-2009 at 01:24 PM.
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Congratulations Mark!!!!! This car is a real credit to you and what you have achieved with it is nothing short of outstanding. Cant wait to see what you've got planned for it in the future :evil3:
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
xr6t8u

Great effort by all concerned, and especially Mauz, the gun driver.
How much weight did you strip out of the car, and did you get the weight of the car on the scales?

Any idea how much of the reduced time is from the slicks, versus the weight reduction?
Good to see the tailshaft held together.
Brian
30 years of Turbo ownership
R35 GTR; MY00 STi; MY06 STi
xr6t8u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great Stuff Mark!!!!!! Great driving Mauz, and GREAT tuning and set up Spiro. Well done mate.

Now that is a serious time.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
G6ET8U
GTX Turbo & KB Blown

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: ALWAYS goes out of his way to help others in need, never posts rubbish only facts he has learnt the hard way or with success in his personal experiance. Takes the time to aid more junior members and overall is a solid contributor to AFF. 

Stripped interior or not... that is a seriously quick street car regardless of make or model. Being a Ford is even better.

Great job to ALL involved. Well deserved.

SNOW WHITE 2004 BA FPV PURSUIT
2.6L Kenne Bell
Brembos all round
Twin Screw Awesomeness

Supported, serviced and tuned by
BLUEPOWER RACING DEVELOPMENTS

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11354744
G6ET8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #8
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Awesome stuff Mark, great driving Mauze....I saw that run, bloody awesome car.
Old 31-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #9
fgxrt01
Starter Motor

bloody awsome and well done to all concerned. Stock turbo and plenum make it just that little bit more impressive. well done to all involved.
fgxrt01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #10
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

What a weekend. Must say it's more fun on slicks and front runners.
Big thanks to Mark for letting me steer the beast. I'm wrapped that we were able to do so well and validate the commitment that Mark and Spiro have put in the car.

Bring on the 9's Nah just joking :
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
F6T
Has V8 envy

that's just incredible - congrats to all. can't wait for the pics of the interior.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
Geeseman
Double Reppuken!

Great work Mark and congrats. 137mph is blood fast!

Hmm, maybe its time to add a few more mods to my car
Geeseman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
BELTA
belta kix lsss!

Thumbs up

Looked real tuff out there spooly, out of the BA/BFs late model Fords it was the standout congrats on the time
Old 31-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #14
Corzza

Awesome!!!

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 07:01 PM   #15
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats to Mark & Mauz ... astounding result.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #16
blueboost

Well Done Mark!
did he have to change anything when you droped the exhaust? good MPH for 418rkws,

David
flying the flag in North Queensland.
blueboost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Fantastic time Mark, CONGRATULATIONS! A few people thought my beast was back, at first glance, but we never got into the 10's! I had a great view of 'her' from the tower and was thrilled to see such a wonderful time. Look forward to seeing the next PB.

Regards
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #18
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Great stuff Mark and Mauz!!!!
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #19
Des Flurane

Nicely done.
Fantastic results on the ZF auto.
Old 31-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #20
GUTLES
Adam.

Hey Mark, well done on your new PB. Here's a couple of photo's I got of your taxi, it ran a 11.24 on this run:

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #21
QIK1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice work boys thats seriously moving. I'm thinking of goin with slicks & front runners myself to try & get the power down.

Interesting that you couldnt get that 60ftr lower especially with the full slicks. was it setup suspension wise or was it just the factory setup? Does the box have a stall in it now? Do you think there was a benefit running them?
Full weight, IRS, Pump E85, 17in Radials

[/CENTER]
QIK1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 09:32 PM   #22
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. 

Mark, stop talking yourself down, i saw one pass with 137.5 mph !
I remember thinking he's gonna have fun packing a chute if he goes any faster. :
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #23
rodderz

Well done Mark and Mauz....great time and a lot of research, trial and error in this car. No doubt a lot more will learn from what they have done with F6's.

Might shave a few 10th's off if you put the spoiler back on lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #24
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Falconunbelievable. WELL DONE Mark and that long list of supporters.
Old 31-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #25
Bdazla
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice work Mark. These cars are getting mighty fast. Far out!!!!!!
Bdazla is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #26
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Congratulations Mark, and to all involved. Awesome effort, especially with those stock bits.

What are the plans for the future, Mark? Will you be upgrading any of the hardware?
Old 31-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #27
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome effort indeed!

Wondering if a 9sec pass is a aim/goal/possibility for the future?

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #28
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Holy moly!!

thats awesome mark. Well done.
Obviously a mountain of effort in getting it to this level and the benefits of the love and devotion are certainly showing.
I love it when you say I'll bolt the inside back in and off we go for a decent road trip.
Not many guys I know that do that with their 10 sec cars. hell not many I know that do it with their 12 sec cars!!!!
Well done again.

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #29
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods

Wondering if a 9sec pass is a aim/goal/possibility for the future?

The right suspension could see it go well close.

Hey Mark I told you she needs a good buff, look how faded the paint looks especially in the second pic : I'll give her a full hand treatment
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #30
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done mark and mauz, great effort and it is definatly one very fast car.

cheers, phil.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post