Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Autotech Engineering

Autotech Engineering Autotech Engineering has been a leader for over a decade in providing vehicle owners with a one-stop shop for service, repairs, tuning and scheduled maintenance. Website Link

Old 06-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
nednerb
Starter Motor

Default Thoughts on Auto Tech Custom Exhaust?

Anybody got a Autotech custom made exhaust installed on their ride. Would love to hear your opinion. Bonus points if your rolling an F6.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
irvinnie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Thoughts on Auto Tech Custom Exhaust?

SpoolMan has one see last post on link re his comments about it.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1389754&page=2

2010 GT (build # 152) 61mm yella terra snout, herrod intercooler, KPM header back exhaust, 1000cc injectors, walbro 460 fuel pump. Tuned by Spiro@Autotech 436rwkw.

Previous rides
- 2012 XR6 turbo Ute 345rwkw
- 2007 Force 6 (build #91) 330 rwkw
- 2010 GTE (build #2) 425rwkw
- 2010 50th anniversary turbo ute 365 rwkw
irvinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Blue_XR

I have one on my BF XR6 Turbo. I am happy with it and it has a great note. From memory I think it is a twin 2.5" Stainless steel. It is also a turbo back exhaust
Old 15-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8
Donating Member3

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Post 166 in this thread has pictures
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=landed&page=6
I find the exhaust a perfect balance just the right noise level and no drone, also having it custom fitted means it sits nice and high no scrapping on speed humps.
Bdazla also has a custom built exhaust from Autotech, you could send him a PM to get his views.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang ET:11.10
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
Bdazla
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have one in my FG MKII F6 Sedan and I am very happy with it. I also have an APS exhaust on my BF MKII F6 and it is one of the best, if not the best, exhaust for quality and exhaust note you can get for the BA/BF. I wanted something that was a bit quieter this time and Spiro from Autotech made a custom exhaust up for me that not only sounds nice with a deep rich note but is on the quieter side to keep me happy. The quality of the build is excellent and the fit was super easy. Mine is a 3.5inch system with a 4inch dump. You would definitely not be disappointed with one of his custom exhausts.

If you are in the SE Melb area I would be happy to show you. I have helped a friend install his 4inch xforce exhaust on the same car (FG MKII F6) and the fit was absolute rubbish. Not to mention we still need to adjust it to stop it from hitting the IRS Cradle even though it has been adjusted twice already. It took us 1 hours to install my custom exhaust from Autotech and it took us 4 hours or more to install the Xforce 4inch exhaust and it still isn't right. The front half of the exhaust is easy in both but the diff end is where all the time is spent. The Xforce 4inch was also louder than my APS exhaust by a fair bit too so I'm happy on several fronts with the custom exhaust from Autotech. This is definitely one of those pay for what you get items. However in saying that, in my case the reality was more for custom exhaust and less for the labour vs less for the exhaust in my friends case but more for the labour and still not fixed yet. So is it really cheaper? We installed our exhausts ourselves that the labour doesn't really count but for others who are paying for it this would make a difference to the overall cost of each system.

I hope that helps make your decision easier. :-)
Bdazla is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post