Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Furious Performance

Furious Performance Specialists in Automatic Transmission & Fluid Transfer Products Website Link

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2016, 07:43 PM   #1
lofty
Rusticating
 
lofty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lower Lakes, SA
Posts: 541
Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 
Default Fitted your cooler kit, had some problems

(This was an email I sent to Furious. No response after 5 days so I'm posting it here.)

I had some issues fitting your kit TCK-F25513 to my BF2 RTV.

1. The power steering bracket seems to be in a different place than in your
pictures. Further across and higher. It's not possible to use that mount
point as intended. I ended up cable tying the bottom bracket to the pipe,
with some padding in between.

2. You say to push the original cooler pipes close to the chassis, but I
couldn't do this because of the selector cable. In fact I had to pull them
inboard to clear this. Was I supposed to disconnect the cable?

3. After a good drive I find spots of ATF under the front of my car. The
hoses are leaking at the cooler. When I fitted them I thought 'that's odd,
they're out of travel and they haven't really tightened up. Oh well, I guess
this guy know his stuff...'. I guess not.

So at this point I'm very annoyed. I payed a premium price for a kit that
promised to be easy to fit and hassle free. It's been neither. I now have
another filthy mess to clean up, and have to go chasing the right size hose
clamps on a saturday when I've already got too much to do. I don't know
why I shouldn't post this to the forum.

Lofty
__________________

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #2
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
barrys123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 845
Default Re: Fitted your cooler kit, had some problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
(This was an email I sent to Furious. No response after 5 days so I'm posting it here.)

I had some issues fitting your kit TCK-F25513 to my BF2 RTV.

1. The power steering bracket seems to be in a different place than in your
pictures. Further across and higher. It's not possible to use that mount
point as intended. I ended up cable tying the bottom bracket to the pipe,
with some padding in between.

2. You say to push the original cooler pipes close to the chassis, but I
couldn't do this because of the selector cable. In fact I had to pull them
inboard to clear this. Was I supposed to disconnect the cable?

3. After a good drive I find spots of ATF under the front of my car. The
hoses are leaking at the cooler. When I fitted them I thought 'that's odd,
they're out of travel and they haven't really tightened up. Oh well, I guess
this guy know his stuff...'. I guess not.

So at this point I'm very annoyed. I payed a premium price for a kit that
promised to be easy to fit and hassle free. It's been neither. I now have
another filthy mess to clean up, and have to go chasing the right size hose
clamps on a saturday when I've already got too much to do. I don't know
why I shouldn't post this to the forum.

Lofty
I bought the Driveline kit with the same PWR cooler of ebay and got it at a lot cheaper than the Furious kit but he has since brought his price up just a bit under their price now, I had to really tighten the two hose clamps on the cooler as mine leaked at first after I thought I had tightened the clamps enough, leaked just a little no mess, but I took it for a run before putting the deflector and bash plate back on, no leaks since.
barrys123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2016, 12:46 AM   #3
arronm
Silver F6
 
arronm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 6,678
Default Re: Fitted your cooler kit, had some problems

You completed the install, but blame the supplier. Maybe should have got a mechanic to fit it

Because if it doesn't look right, it probably isn't.
__________________
.
Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2016, 12:56 AM   #4
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
barrys123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 845
Default Re: Fitted your cooler kit, had some problems

Yes the bottom of the longest bracket fitted on the bracket on the drivers side that holds the power steering cooler pipes, all fitted perfectly.
barrys123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2016, 06:24 AM   #5
lofty
Rusticating
 
lofty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lower Lakes, SA
Posts: 541
Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 
Default Re: Fitted your cooler kit, had some problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrys123 View Post
Yes the bottom of the longest bracket fitted on the bracket on the drivers side that holds the power steering cooler pipes, all fitted perfectly.
Barry is yours a BF2? Did you pull the pipes across to the chassis as per instructions?
__________________

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #6
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
barrys123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 845
Default Re: Fitted your cooler kit, had some problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
Barry is yours a BF2? Did you pull the pipes across to the chassis as per instructions?
No mines a BF, I used the original steel lines that went to the small cooler that was already fitted I just cut them off forward of the front cross member and put a slight flare on them and run hoses from there. The only trouble I had was getting one of the hose clamps off the thermostat to remove it as it was those clamps that you just squeeze in, but for some reaso it was upside down and it took ages to remove.
barrys123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #7
lofty
Rusticating
 
lofty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lower Lakes, SA
Posts: 541
Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 
Default Re: Fitted your cooler kit, had some problems

Thanks Barrys123.

So has anyone fitted a TCK-F25513 to a BF2? Just trying to work out if my car is weird or I got the wrong kit or what...
__________________

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2016, 12:57 PM   #8
arronm
Silver F6
 
arronm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Perth
Posts: 6,678
Default Re: Fitted your cooler kit, had some problems

Is this what you received.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-BF-F...kAAOSwxp9W3OCg
__________________
.
Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #9
lofty
Rusticating
 
lofty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Lower Lakes, SA
Posts: 541
Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent article on AU Power window installation. 
Default Re: Fitted your cooler kit, had some problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
Yes I believe so.
__________________

Territory SYII RWD, BFII RTV tray
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #10
barrys123
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
barrys123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 845
Default Re: Fitted your cooler kit, had some problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
That's identical to the set I fitted but not from Furious mine was a the PWR one from Driveline which a lot of the taxis in WA use, there's no difference between the BF and the BF11.
barrys123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL