Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-09-2019, 02:38 PM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: New Fiesta ST coming to Aus! Pricing and Specs

They might not have offered the Mountune package through dealerships again due to lack of take up - the problem was the dealership sales crew we got ours from hadn't even heard of it, I had to insist on wanting this options package.

It's a sad indication that a customer knows more about your own product, if the sales teams have no idea about it then that's not going to help get numbers up.

It was overpriced naturally but it was covered under manufacturer warranty which was the big winner.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2019, 03:30 PM   #32
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mountune through ford is quite expensive also.

Rang up about a mountune air filter for the focus. Was nearly $300.

I think most buyers if they are going to tune their Fiestas, they are going to go about it in their own ways to get the most out of it

A clean car brings a clean mind
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #33
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This thing looks awesome, if it was Auto it’ll be perfect for my partner.

Regardless I’ll look at this for me next daily driver ��
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2019, 09:44 AM   #34
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Good the things been out a while OS i reckon youtube etc sell cars better than any sales guy ive ever met. (Im a throw me the keys overnight and give me space type of buyer). Grabbing a Focus to get a feel for this 3 cyl engine but after internet surf already asked for a quote.

Nice that the late Aussies are holding value looks like moving the Maloo will work out ok. Though my old Mk3 RS is back on the market and i miss that thing badly :( But new FiST for less than 2016 RS probably makes more sense. Oh the pain the pain ...

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2019, 10:26 PM   #35
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
They might not have offered the Mountune package through dealerships again due to lack of take up - the problem was the dealership sales crew we got ours from hadn't even heard of it, I had to insist on wanting this options package.

It's a sad indication that a customer knows more about your own product, if the sales teams have no idea about it then that's not going to help get numbers up.

It was overpriced naturally but it was covered under manufacturer warranty which was the big winner.
I lost the two front tyres on my mid-2016 ST (the OEM Potenzas) due to what I reckon was poor alignment from factory, they were so bad on the insides you could see the belts but the outsides of the tyres still looked brand new.

The guy behind the Service desk at Sunbury Ford said that <20,000km out of OEM fronts was 'normal as they're super-sticky'.

You've met me, I'm a 55yo grandfather, if you're going to try and **** me at least make it half-believable...or get up earlier in the morning.

...replaced all four with KU39s. If your dad wants 2x virtually unmolested Potenzas (i.e. the rears) drop me a PM

Last edited by PG2; 08-09-2019 at 10:54 PM. Reason: avoiding the swear filter
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2019, 06:20 AM   #36
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
I lost the two front tyres on my mid-2016 ST (the OEM Potenzas) due to what I reckon was poor alignment from factory, they were so bad on the insides you could see the belts but the outsides of the tyres still looked brand new.

The guy behind the Service desk at Sunbury Ford said that <20,000km out of OEM fronts was 'normal as they're super-sticky'.

You've met me, I'm a 55yo grandfather, if you're going to try and **** me at least make it half-believable...or get up earlier in the morning.

...replaced all four with KU39s. If your dad wants 2x virtually unmolested Potenzas (i.e. the rears) drop me a PM
We're up for another set of tyres - this will be set number three in 100,000km which isn't bad - considering how the car gets driven

We've had about 50,000km out of the Pirelli P Zero Nero that are on it at the moment but it's exactly as you say - we've chopped the very outside and the inside of the tyres out on the fronts (and subsequently rears because of tyre rotation)

Do appreciate the offer good sir but we go tyres 4x at a time rather than two

Will probably be going Michelin Pilot Sport 4 this time around - sticky and quiet (not like the quiet part makes a difference in a rollerskate on country roads)
Old 09-09-2019, 06:25 AM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Good the things been out a while OS i reckon youtube etc sell cars better than any sales guy ive ever met. (Im a throw me the keys overnight and give me space type of buyer). Grabbing a Focus to get a feel for this 3 cyl engine but after internet surf already asked for a quote.

Nice that the late Aussies are holding value looks like moving the Maloo will work out ok. Though my old Mk3 RS is back on the market and i miss that thing badly :( But new FiST for less than 2016 RS probably makes more sense. Oh the pain the pain ...
The previous model is a great car so I reckon you won't be disappointed - it's a great daily you can flog the crap out of it and they handle like go-karts, it's unbelievable how hard you can put it into a corner.

Hell I've used the old man's for 6x interstate trips too
2 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #38
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can’t wait for this to arrive. Having owned the previous model, the one seems just as fun but with more technology and a little more liveable.

Two questions though, some of the press release info mentions full LED headlamps, but the homogenised model brought to Australia has the halogen and the brochure mentions projector halogens? Also some info reads that we get Moondust Silver, and some Silver Fox?
Old 09-09-2019, 01:07 PM   #39
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post

Due to tyre rotations/torque vectoring/pot holes I've been left with one OEM Potenza after 6 years and just over 100K kms (but it's going to tyre heaven very soon)

Mostly freeway Kms early on, so tyres/brakes lasted forever. But once you live somewhere twisty you start to churn through them pretty quick!

Also went the KU39s which work quite well with the cheeky little ST.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #40
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Hmmmmm one concern after reading up on UK vehicles....in the UK, they're fitted with a PPF. Am i to be concerned if this is on the Oz car? Is it as nasty al piece of gear as DPF?

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
Old 11-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #41
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
Hmmmmm one concern after reading up on UK vehicles....in the UK, they're fitted with a PPF. Am i to be concerned if this is on the Oz car? Is it as nasty al piece of gear as DPF?
Flog the crap out of it regularly and bobs your aunty Mary

I'm suspect on how well a PPF will hold up with our crapola high sulfur fuel.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:54 PM   #42
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think there is only one or two cars with in Aus with a PPF. A Porsche and Peugeot I think. The Sulfur content in our fuel is the reason most car makers are hesitant to put the ppf in our cars. Doubt the ST will come with it.

A clean car brings a clean mind
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #43
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
I think there is only one or two cars with in Aus with a PPF. A Porsche and Peugeot I think. The Sulfur content in our fuel is the reason most car makers are hesitant to put the ppf in our cars. Doubt the ST will come with it.
Only the Peugeot. Porsche actually got caught lying about that.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-09-2019, 10:24 PM   #44
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Frankly, its ridiculous that we have such crappy fuel - its a stroke of a pen for the government to legislate out this crapola but it seems its too hard.

Which is a good laugh because its all eco this eco that blah blah blah environmentalism etc, yet we've got junk fuel and they still sell 91 for gods sake.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2019, 09:05 AM   #45
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Will probably be going Michelin Pilot Sport 4 this time around - sticky and quiet (not like the quiet part makes a difference in a rollerskate on country roads)
No Pilot Sport 4 available in 205/40R17 - ended up with Continental MaxContact 6

Full set and wheel alignment $795 Bob Jane Sunbury (new store, so clean and shiny)

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 14-09-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #46
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Confirmed through FoA Fez will NOT be the second or third car with a PPF in Aus, due exactly the above. Crap fuel high sulphur content.

Old 04-10-2019, 06:25 AM   #47
Sioso
irregular member

Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: