Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
DAMO 58
Previously TUNGA

Default XR8 ute electric window problem

I am having trouble with the electric windows in my xr8 ute . They are slowing down and squeaking . I have spayed heaps of silicon on the rubbers and it has not helped much .If i grab hold of the windows i can move them sideways In my sons xr6 ute they do not move as much as mine and his work fine .
do i need new regulators or is there an adjustment to fix this problem .
regards Damo

DAMO 58 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Have a look here mate,
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...828#post263828
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

your bailey runners might be beyond 'silicon spray'.. i hope you used silicon spray, not silicon glue !

mine were running quite average (both windows) so i bought a new motor for the drivers and silicone sprayed both runners.. the passenger is now only JUST slower than the drivers with the new motor... if i hadnt have thrown out the old motor, i would have given it to you for nothing to do some problem shooting...

try taking all your trim off, its possible the glass has jumped the runner slightly, or there could be something inside your doorskin obstructing things. quite an easy job to do, just take your time so you dont damage anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
i think its more likely a physical issue than an electrical contact issue, but that is also a helper.. symptons of switch issues is pressing the button and getting no response for a few clicks, or intermittant loss of power due to poor arc. (mine had tobacco in between the rockers).
Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

And this one about the graphite powder, might help.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...window+problem
Old 02-12-2010, 07:49 AM   #5
DAMO 58
Previously TUNGA

Thanks for your help. I will give it a go on the weekend if it is not too wet.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
DAMO 58
Previously TUNGA

Problem solved bought some window lube from Ford . Expensive at $78.00 a bottle but a lot cheaper than a electric window motor
Old 06-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Good to hear mate.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #8
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMO 58
Problem solved bought some window lube from Ford . Expensive at $78.00 a bottle but a lot cheaper than a electric window motor

actually theres brand newies on ebay for around that.. dont buy anything from fraud if you can help it mate...