Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Cars Wanted

Cars Wanted If you want it this is the place

Old 06-12-2021, 12:28 PM   #1
bossfalcon
Starter Motor

Default WTB falcon XR ute pre 1997 to send to states

Evening All. Thanks for the add. I had a grand plan to buy a 2010 falcon XR8 ute here in the states but the buyer has gone dark and I'm very disappointed. He had the previous owner title it as a 1990 ford ranchero GT before putting it on the container over here. Was beautiful. Blue, 290 boss, TR6060 trans. I had already spent a couple grand on parts, which was my fault but thankfully the companies understood and I just had to mail them back

Does anybody know the specifics of re-registering a vehicle to a different year? I reached out to someone I've kept in touch with since this dream started almost 20 years ago and he said it's complicated, but not hard. Something to do with letting the rego expire and then tagging it in another state in AU as a different year or a vehicle without a title. I don't know the specifics of the process but maybe someone has a friend in the reg Dept or can help me get a vehicle shipped over. I'd be willing to buy someone's 1996-1997 but I am absolutely open to paying for someone's time to re-reg an 09-10-11 as a 94-95-96.

What I'm WTB..

I'm looking for a falcon ute to have over here in the states. I've had a dream of an HSV but I've been turned on to the falcon XR8 from this associate I met in Indiana. I will expand my search to include Holdens to those who have those kinds of contacts, but I'd love to have a falcon since they seem a bit better built and.. you know... Ford is STILL AROUND.

My requirements would be 6 speed.. recent clutch work would be much appreciated.
XR8 preferred, but a nice tuned XR6 is not out of the question. Willing to pay for clean, well kept, and turn-key. I have AU$35000 to spend. I'm guessing that'll leave me enough room for shipping and paperwork

Thanks for any help you can provide
bossfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2021, 01:38 PM   #2
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: WTB falcon XR ute pre 1997 to send to states

You cant re rego a car to a different year as it is Fraudulent and could end all parties involved in a bit of strife, just the same as it is Fraudulent to state it is something its not on the shipping / customs forms, not just here but where you are too.

I dont know how they could register it to a different year without doing something illegal like rebirth your 09 with tags and registration from a 94, even if they did the people who check these things through customs are not stupid.

Good luck with your search, but I doubt if you are going to find anyone legit to do this for you, im sure there would be someone that is not legit that will, but can you trust that they are not just going to relieve you of your money? and that it will actually make it through the process without coming undone?.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2021, 01:54 PM   #3
bossfalcon
Starter Motor

I had a feeling that there was definitely something more to it than just what I was told. I was more just trying to find information on how commonly possible it was. If it seems too far fetched, I'm still open to buying someone's 95/96/97 ute. Same rules apply. Manual is a must, 8cyl strongly preferred. I'm more interested in something that just stands out and would never be found in the states. Fast would be nice too. Even something old bodied and all new under the hood ("resto-mod")

Appreciate the feedback. Hopefully some networking can happen and someone will reach out. Not sure if I'm allowed to put my email here or if posting has to be done through the forum
bossfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2021, 10:21 AM   #4
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, if you have a budget of around $A35,000 you could get a good FG Falcon MKII (2011 to 2014) or possibly an FG X (2015/2016) Turbo ute.
Apart from the cosmetics, they are essentially the same vehicle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aROHG0ZlVU
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post