Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-11-2021, 02:07 PM   #1
xr6eta

Default AU Xr6 Tickford Bodykits

Hey All

Does anyone know if the 2G - Body Styling Kit on the build sheet I just got back from Ford can be broken down any further. Obviously it is a Tickford kit but as there were different combos of 1 and 2 fin spoilers, headlight covers etc is there any chance they were that specific or would all tickford bodykits just come under the same code. I have a 2 fin spoiler with the black over silver but the silver looks completely different from the LD - Liquid Silver the car is painted in, almost like a gold. Wondering if it was added later.
While I'm at it, is my research correct in that an AU drivers door lock actuator is the same as the BA, wrecker has plenty of BA's but no AU's. Cheers
xr6eta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2021, 08:48 PM   #2
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: AU Xr6 Tickford Bodykits

Is it a series 1, 2 or 3 AU? Assuming it is a series 1...

There was only one tickford body kit. As for 1 and 2 fin spoilers, I am assuming that you are talking about the bi-plane spoiler? Some of the colours will look different on the plastic parts of the car (body kits, bumpers, spoilers etc) due to the different primer used for plastic - this includes silver. If you want to make sure post up a pic of the spoiler - there were a couple of aftermarket ones getting around for a while there.

As for headlight covers, they were not part of any body kit. Maybe I am missing something here.

In regards to the door actuator, buy an actuator kit off eBay or similar and fit it up. They are not that complicated to fix. Actuators break quite regularly and buying one from the wreckers can be a little hit and miss.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2021, 11:51 AM   #3
xr6eta

Thanks PG2, will figure out uploading pics this afternoon, I used to be able to do it but I've forgotten how I did them. Thought the light covers might have been part of the kit, the guy I got the car off has a set brand new in the box, just wondering if I should outlay cash on them, I think he wants around $150-200. Only thing with buying the actuator kit on ebay at the moment is the postage time, thought I would do that but try the wrecker in the meantime, hence the question re XF and BA actuators.
Old 27-11-2021, 12:29 PM   #4
xr6eta

Hope these pics work
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7 Forum Size.jpg (121.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg P6271538 Forum Size.jpg (110.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg P6271535 Forum Size.jpg (122.3 KB, 34 views)
This user likes this post:
Old 27-11-2021, 06:38 PM   #5
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6eta View Post
Hope these pics work
That spoiler seems to be a home made job. It is definitely not a genuine one.
Old 28-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #6
xr6eta

Do you think someone would really go to that trouble, I thought all the sealant stuff might be because of the infernal boot leak. Sorry PG2, as a moderator, can you tell me if I have posted this in the right section, I can't see it appear in the AU posts, I have to keep finding it under posts that I have done.
Old 28-11-2021, 10:28 AM   #7
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Do you think someone would really go to that trouble, I thought all the sealant stuff might be because of the infernal boot leak. Sorry PG2, as a moderator, can you tell me if I have posted this in the right section, I can't see it appear in the AU posts, I have to keep finding it under posts that I have done.
You're in the AU Falcon.com section, so yes it's the right area .... unless you meant to post it in the AU-BF forum.

Old 28-11-2021, 10:37 AM   #8
xr6eta

Thanks GasoLane, I probably did mean to post it in the forum, I guess just the place most people see stuff. I will learn, have been a member for a while but about to retire so hopefully become a lot more regular.
Old 28-11-2021, 10:53 AM   #9
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

No worries, I'm not a Mod in this area but if you'd like it moved PG2 could probably do it.
Old 29-11-2021, 04:41 PM   #10
tbro4123

That spoiler looks aftermarket, and why would someone attach it like that?

Obviously the person who fitted this was known as "Cir Roughus, Laird of Roughasgutus!!"
tbro4123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2021, 05:28 PM   #11
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

This style?

How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #12
xr6eta

I'm going to have to have a closer look now because despite the pics not being that great, I'm failing to see the difference. Are you saying that the top part of mine has just been attached with glue or something. The original owner said nothing had changed and that is why I am asking. I might have to go back to him and ask truthfully if he changed it, I know there are a lot of giveaways eg color difference, no brake light etc and a very sloppy filler job but then he appears to have made an effort on the paint himself as well and unfortunately, it is just as bad.
Old 30-11-2021, 07:42 PM   #13
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
I'm going to have to have a closer look now because despite the pics not being that great, I'm failing to see the difference. Are you saying that the top part of mine has just been attached with glue or something. The original owner said nothing had changed and that is why I am asking. I might have to go back to him and ask truthfully if he changed it, I know there are a lot of giveaways eg color difference, no brake light etc and a very sloppy filler job but then he appears to have made an effort on the paint himself as well and unfortunately, it is just as bad.
It is 100% not a genuine spoiler. It is not even the correct shape.

From those photos you posted, the top spoiler has been that roughly glued on I have not seen even an aftermarket one that bad.

As for the paint, as I said, you will get a different shade of silver due to the different primers but that spoiler is a different colour.

Sorry to be a negative nelly...
Old 01-12-2021, 12:28 PM   #14
xr6eta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
It is 100% not a genuine spoiler. It is not even the correct shape.

From those photos you posted, the top spoiler has been that roughly glued on I have not seen even an aftermarket one that bad.

As for the paint, as I said, you will get a different shade of silver due to the different primers but that spoiler is a different colour.

Sorry to be a negative nelly...
It's not about being a negative nelly so long as I get it, besides mine missing the rear light, how is it not the same shape. I'm failing to see any difference when you see this rear shot of my car.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Forum pic of spoiler.jpg (126.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg twin fin spoiler.jpg (143.0 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by Uncle_Ken; 03-12-2021 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 02:56 PM   #15
xr6eta

Pls disregard this post, just trying to experiment getting photo to preview in post. Can be deleted if it doesn't work. Thanks Glenn

Last edited by xr6eta; 03-12-2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:57 PM   #16
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Glenn I'll keep it open for now, try inserting a photo.
I can copy the comments into a new post (on this topic) if you do.
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post