Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-01-2022, 04:41 PM   #541
Smithy1987

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbomber View Post
At least they bought back the plastic lining for the under seat storage......disappeared as part of the MY21.25 range
Ah, my Wildtrack is a 2018, didn't realise they had changed it on the newer models!
Smithy1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2022, 05:52 PM   #542
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy1987 View Post
Ah, my Wildtrack is a 2018, didn't realise they had changed it on the newer models!
Quiet a few little features have been dropped/removed in the last couple of years. Hopefully it looks like they will return as "new" features in the new model

Eg. Electromagnetic rear-view mirror is another deature dropped from XLT and FX4s affter MY20.25.
This user likes this post:
Old 21-01-2022, 02:31 PM   #543
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Just another picture

jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2022, 06:17 PM   #544
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the 'big truck' look sits well on the Raptor, not so much on the Ranger. funny how the new Ranger has made me warm to the outgoing Everest.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2022, 06:26 PM   #545
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
the 'big truck' look sits well on the Raptor, not so much on the Ranger. funny how the new Ranger has made me warm to the outgoing Everest.
Agreed, the wider profile and shallow front bar on the Raptor makes the front less boxy, the rest just look like a cut n shut on the outgoing model.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2022, 08:57 PM   #546
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

You’d be surprised how many buyers prefer the boxier look, it answers a lot of buyer feedback.

Cut and shut of the current Ranger?
At first, I thought so too but when you see old and new side by side, the new is just bigger
in a most satisfying way, there’s a lot of like about this new Ranger…
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2022, 09:29 PM   #547
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Any talk of when we can expect some pricing and the first production models will be hitting Australia?

We have recently added a new pup to the household and my need for a duel cab grows by the day.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2022, 09:41 PM   #548
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I can see me placing a deposit on a new Raptor very soon. I'm just waiting on some concrete details being released, hopefully next month. I was going to get a RAM but I'm not real keen on paying the extortion money they are asking these days.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2022, 09:46 PM   #549
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
I was going to get a RAM but I'm not real keen on paying the extortion money they are asking these days.
I saw the Chev Trail Boss is $107k before on roads, but when you see them being advertised for $140k+ driveaway, you wonder just what sort of on roads they're adding.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2022, 10:13 PM   #550
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I can't stand the Made by Mattel interior of the Silverado. Even the (13 year) old DS RAMs have a nicer looking interior. You are right though. The dealer markup at the moment is ridiculous. The RAM 1500 Limited that is meant to be around $150-155k are now being advertised at $175k+. Plus they have removed the Ramboxes and sunroof.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2022, 10:25 PM   #551
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1 View Post
Raptor isn't getting 3L
Lol

Watch the Bronco Raptor reveal

Where do you think this might go ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2022, 02:14 PM   #552
Gumboot

So with the Bronco Raptor reveal the other day, we see that it will have a 3L twin turbo Petrol engine in the US.

So My crystal ball says the Ranger Raptor will get the same 3L twin turbo petrol engine here. Which will be perfect for its intended purpose.

A 3L V6 Diesel could go in the Ranger Tremor ( aka FX4 max) for people that want a half raptor but with a diesel engine. So that base is also covered.

Then with the option later down the track for a limited edition premium priced "Ranger Raptor R" running a 5L V8 Coyote. Which would line up with whats happening in the F150 Raptor R getting a V8 as well. And allow FORD a "Hero R-Line" on say the F150, Ranger, Bronco etc
We know they tested a Coyote V8 in the current ranger platform as several here saw it with their own eyes... but it was too late in the product life cycle to stand up the business case.

I think its really exciting times for FORD and love that it not just putting in a big engine but all the engineering on suspension as well from FORD performance. I think we will look back to this time in the future as the glory days of ICE before electrification.
Gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2022, 06:24 PM   #553
nibble

^^Hope so. Will put deposit down on one if is the case !!
nibble is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2022, 06:57 PM   #554
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would anyone hazard a guess as to what a Ranger Raptor R would sell for if it was to ever exist?
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2022, 07:37 PM   #555
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Would anyone hazard a guess as to what a Ranger Raptor R would sell for if it was to ever exist?
At a guess $10K above the normal Raptor..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2022, 11:46 AM   #556
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
6 figures. The current one is $80k, the next one with the V6 would have to be at least $85k-$90k, so a V8 would have to crack the ton.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 04:13 PM   #557
vbomber

https://www.drive.com.au/news/plug-p...ation-trip-up/ well thats great............
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2022, 05:46 PM   #558
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Spotted these two roaming the wild this morning.......

The Ranger and Everest looked great from front on, very tough looking. The gentleman in bright yellow was the driver, no idea what's in the tub of the Ranger though.

I'm two hours from Melbourne and have spotted various Ford prototypes pass through here over the years including Falcon's, Territory's and Ranger's.

Spotting these two brought back memories of seeing heavily camouflaged FG's in late 2007 and early 2008 as well as having a pre-production FG-X parked in our car-park at work.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 05:52 PM   #559
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The Ranger and Everest looked great from front on, very tough looking. The gentleman in bright yellow was the driver, no idea what's in the tub of the Ranger though.
Semi-conductor chips...well the cage to hold them before they get to the warehouse to collect...just waiting for the email confirming Click and Collect is OK ...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-01-2022, 06:15 PM   #560
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Semi-conductor chips...well the cage to hold them before they get to the warehouse to collect...just waiting for the email confirming Click and Collect is OK ...
Well there you go, now we know why the Ranger seems to have avoided the chip shortage..................Ford Australia have been hiding them all at the You Yangs.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2022, 12:51 PM   #561
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Spotted these two roaming the wild this morning.......

I'm two hours from Melbourne and have spotted various Ford prototypes pass through here over the years including Falcon's, Territory's and Ranger's.

Spotting these two brought back memories of seeing heavily camouflaged FG's in late 2007 and early 2008 as well as having a pre-production FG-X parked in our car-park at work.
Just a stillage we use at the pg. Probably has tools or equipment in it. Or it might have weight bags to simulate max load weight.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2022, 09:40 PM   #562
leesa

Not sure if it belongs in this thread but I just saw a new isuzu x-terrain, how much does it look like the current model rangers! It's quite nice
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2022, 10:09 PM   #563
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Not sure if it belongs in this thread but I just saw a new isuzu x-terrain, how much does it look like the current model rangers! It's quite nice

Really? If being a dual cab and 4 wheels then I suppose you are right

My bil has one and it’s ok. Wouldn’t say better than the current ranger and I hate getting in mine everyday.

I’d hang out for the new rangerok before grabbing the Isuzu (if thats what your thinking)
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2022, 11:26 PM   #564
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Really? If being a dual cab and 4 wheels then I suppose you are right
No way! The shape is a lot more ranger than the new-style ranger is.

Quote:
My bil has one and it’s ok. Wouldn’t say better than the current ranger and I hate getting in mine everyday.
the x-terrain or a dmax? despite being the same car the additions of the x-terrain make an otherwise-ugly ute look pretty good.

https://www.inghamdriven.nz/vehicle/4465/isuzu-d-max

Quote:
I’d hang out for the new rangerok before grabbing the Isuzu (if thats what your thinking)
it's a bit ugly
I refuse to drive anything with square wheelarches.

Last edited by leesa; 31-01-2022 at 11:38 PM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2022, 06:53 PM   #565
vbomber

22nd Feb reveal
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 10-02-2022, 07:49 PM   #566
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Actually looking forward to this one.. so far it sounds like the name raptor will actually belong on a ranger
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2022, 10:26 AM   #567
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One more sleep to go....
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2022, 04:46 PM   #568
GTMOND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
One more sleep to go....
I wonder if they will just give us basic information for the Raptor, like the new Ranger, or will they drop everything about it. I would love a Raptor but I want it for a bit of towing unfortunately.
It won't sway me, because I'm sure the Ranger will have sufficient power and towing capacity for me, but it's a long wait for more drivetrain info. Either way can't wait.
GTMOND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2022, 08:27 PM   #569
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

It’s a frustrating and slow drip feed, looking forward to the launch tomorrow then hopefully pricing, expected launch dates, ect for the general range aren’t far behind.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2022, 01:54 PM   #570
Gumboot

Its a balancing act that I understand. Many of these marketing departments want to keep the interest and drip feeds snippets, But that's a blunt strategy for most , its far better to engage the customers, if you want to build brand ambassadors in the public.
I have been following how Ineos are doing it with their Grenadier 4wd. That's a lesson Ford could pay attention to. I was invited to the Ineos Prototype drive day here, and boy what a refreshing way to engage with prospective customers, seeing and trying a vehicle way before production and taking feedback .

Anyway I expect FORD to release info like the following tonight
- Engine type and Figures
- GVM/ GCM
- Towing weights
- Fuel tank size ( hope bigger and not the same as the diesels as the petrol WILL drink more)
- Are they putting the Bigger FXMAX alternator in ( people will run winches, lights, dual battery's etc)
- Will it take a dual battery under the hood
- Tyre sizes
- Suspension setup
- Ground clearance
- Interior specs
- AND PRICING

if its just a video of a Raptor driving through the desert, many will be disappointed.
Cheers
Gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post