Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2022, 12:48 PM   #18211
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 28th 2022.

55,288 new cases for Australia and 134 deaths so the CMR is 0.142%. There were some adjustments made to the numbers earlier in the week that added about 38k cases. The 134 deaths sets a new daily high.

NZ recorded 149 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.325%.

The UK recorded 88,506 cases and 277 deaths for a CMR of 0.951%.

536,397 new cases in the USA yesterday and 3,431 deaths sees CMR at 1.208%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 370M;
Europe sets a new daily high with 1,791,905 cases on 27/1;
Europe passes 122M cases;
Asia passes 98M cases;
USA passes 75M cases;
Brazil passes 25M cases;
Belgium passes 3M cases;

Bhutan (205);
Barbados (729);
Egypt (2,007);
Belarus (2,221);
Armenia (3,536);
Bahrain (6,659);
Kuwait (6,913);
Costa Rica(7,302);
Pakistan (8,183);
Lithuania (11,365);
Uruguay (13,612);
South Korea (16,085);
Chile (26,727);
Ukraine (34,408);
Denmark (50,392);
Sweden (53,619);
Belgium (68,285);
Japan (73,945);
Netherlands (74,019);
Turkey (93,586);
Russia (98,040) – the 8th consecutive day;
Germany (189,464); and
Brazil (257,239)

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-02-2022 at 12:43 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2022, 01:48 PM   #18212
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
I can't believe the amount of you that still don't know how masks work.

Wearing a surgical mask or a cloth mask does not protect the wearer, it protects everyone else FROM the wearer. Consider these masks like a catalytic converter or a DPF - they prevent emissions created by the car from getting out into the atmosphere.
If you have a cough or are sneezing then you wear those masks to catch the droplets rather than letting them out into the atmosphere for everyone else to breathe in. People wearing those kinds of masks are not aiming to protect themselves, it's the other way around, they're doing a service to protect you from them so what you're doing is criticising someone who was likely sick and had the courtesy to not spread their germs around to others.

Have you ever seen an oil filter with gaps out the sides for particles to slip through? No of course you haven't, that'd be useless, the oil would take the path of least resistance and go around the gaps rather than through the filter.
You need a specific type of mask rated N95 or more for the mask to flip capabilities and offer protection to the wearer instead.

Masks rated N95+ will fit more tightly so that inhaled air is forced through the filtering and nothing gets breathed in unfiltered by the wearer. Consider these masks like engine bay air filters, they stop airborne particles from getting sucked into your engine.
They also offer protection to others (exhaled air will be forced through the filtering too) unless they have a valve in them, in which case they will filter what the wearer breathes in but when the wearer exhales the valve will pop open and share it with others. Those people are maskholes.

So to summarise and hopefully make it clearer for people....
  • surgical masks and cloth masks filter on EGRESS. they protect everyone other than the wearer.
  • N95+ masks have no gaps for air to slip through, they filter INGRESS AND EGRESS. they protect both the wearer and everyone else.
  • N95+ masks with vents/valves. they filter INGRESS ONLY and only protect the wearer as exhaled air will pop open the valve and vent it out to share with others.
Thought you would have learned by now by not responding to click bait posts, Russel had the sense to delete it.

Cheers
This user likes this post:
Old 29-01-2022, 02:10 PM   #18213
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
No you're not. It's been strange to watch the changing of peoples personalities and attitudes. I can only assume they've become a product of their environment and circumstance, for better or worse.

I used to enjoy listening to a mid morning Sydney talkback radio show. Didn't always agree with what they had to say, but I enjoyed the different points of view, discussions and the persons dogged determination in getting answers to questions not many people asked or let slide.

One day overnight it became the covid show. 3 hours of covid talk. The place for listeners and the public to report infractions where they would be named and shamed for the rest of the show and reported to the authorities with followup as to the resulting penalty.

I haven't listened to that show in at least 6 months, but I understand the host continues to behave the same.

P.S. I'm not criticising or trying to insult members in anyways. Your point of view is your point of view. Just commenting in the same vein as slowsnake how things have changed.
The problem with shockjock talkback shows is that the producer 'vets' the callers first to see which ones will suit the days agenda and help the ratings.
Old 29-01-2022, 02:37 PM   #18214
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
The problem with shockjock talkback shows is that the producer 'vets' the callers first to see which ones will suit the days agenda and help the ratings.
There is nothing to dispute with what you have said and I realise that's how it works, even though it didn't seem as bad previously compared to now. But everything you said there is disturbing in itself.

This presenter constantly held the highest ratings in that time slot, but in recent times his show holds its highest ever ratings.

Whether it's his network that is pushing the agenda or it is him personally I don't know. I think it is mostly him, he seems to have gone covid crazy. You might guess who I'm talking about.

But when we consider his show is essentially a one trick pony and he and his producer are pushing it that way because of the calls he gets, then we couple this with the fact his ratings have gone up because of it, simply says to me what happens on his show resonates with people. They enjoy the drama, the arguments, the treatment of other people. People seem to love it. It's the radio version of MAFS.

And that's the bit that disturbs me. People seem to enjoy it and get stuck into it. What was once someone saying "Stupid fu*ken muppet" as they walked off is taken to a whole new level now.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2022, 03:12 PM   #18215
leesa

Quote:
But when we consider his show is essentially a one trick pony and he and his producer are pushing it that way because of the calls he gets, then we couple this with the fact his ratings have gone up because of it, simply says to me what happens on his show resonates with people. They enjoy the drama, the arguments, the treatment of other people. People seem to love it. It's the radio version of MAFS.

And that's the bit that disturbs me. People seem to enjoy it and get stuck into it. What was once someone saying "Stupid fu*ken muppet" as they walked off is taken to a whole new level now.
Yeah it's like various groups of people are weaponising psychological manipulation to sway parts of the population. It's why mass psychogenic illness (aka mass hysteria) is a thing supported by doctors, it's not difficult to tap into people's innate fears and cause them to believe things they never would have previously believed or agreed with. Look how many people started believing in hitler's views on eugenics - if the idea is pushed convincingly enough, massive numbers of people will start to believe it and go along with it without fuss.

It's why misinformation is getting stamped out across social media mobs, it can do a lot of harm.
Look at Fox News too, they were possibly the biggest source of it at the start of the pandemic and they were pushing viewers to not get vaccinated because x/y/z conspiracy despite being vaccinated themselves! Eventually some of their viewers clicked because fox news staff were travelling to countries that required vaccination. Why would they do that? Presumably it's profitable to divide the nation and create content for people who are willingly eating it up.

edit: oh and once you've fallen down the rabbit hole the algorithms will keep you there. youtube, facebook, google, whoever, they all know what type of content you've been reading and the algorithms will feed you more of the same so it looks like the only news that keeps coming out is that of the misinformation type.

Check out the movie The Social Dilemma if you want to take a look at how that system works. So many people scared of Big Pharma and yet there's an actual drive to invisibly influence your life digitally.

Last edited by leesa; 29-01-2022 at 03:17 PM.

2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2022, 04:31 PM   #18216
Pooka
Shapeshifter

Quote:
Yeah it's like various groups of people are weaponising psychological manipulation to sway parts of the population.
Murdoch and News Corp. Number one players in the game. Played a pivotal part in what the world has become today.

Take your time and read this long article on how much reach this organisation has in Australia (and around the world). We all need to stop subscribing to their "news media" rags.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-...alia/100056660

Quote:
Look at Fox News too, they were possibly the biggest source of it at the start of the pandemic and they were pushing viewers to not get vaccinated because x/y/z conspiracy despite being vaccinated themselves! Eventually some of their viewers clicked because fox news staff were travelling to countries that required vaccination. Why would they do that?
Rupert Murdoch paddled all the anti-vaxxer crap all over his media networks. But was first in best dressed to get jabbed when the Covid vaccines were available. Two-faced old bastard!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN28S2J7

Quote:
Presumably it's profitable to divide the nation and create content for people who are willingly eating it up.
BINGO!

Money and power over all else!

Last edited by russellw; 30-01-2022 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Next time you swear will be another holiday.
Old 29-01-2022, 06:41 PM   #18217
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Sorry I was being facetious there. I knew what you were trying to say, just trying to inject a little humor.
All good, I knew where you were leading.

Sorry if my post sounded defensive, just needed to make it clear that this was blatant defiance of the current rules.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2022, 07:04 PM   #18218
prydey
Rob

Quote:
I get the impression that if you had to have an operation you'd be quite happy if none of the operating team were masked up?
i get the impression that if some people needed an operation they'd be happy to have it performed by an 'expert' in another field...
Old 29-01-2022, 10:36 PM   #18219
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
It's why misinformation is getting stamped out across social media mobs, it can do a lot of harm.
Look at Fox News too, they were possibly the biggest source of it at the start of the pandemic and they were pushing viewers to not get vaccinated

Could you please provide any link by Fox news that urges people to not get vaccinated?

I must have missed it....and I do watch ALL news channels including AlJazeera.

My recollection at the start of the pandemic was that there was no vaccine whatsoever....

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
3 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2022, 10:43 PM   #18220
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Could you please provide any link by Fox news that urges people to not get vaccinated?

My recollection at the start of the pandemic was that there was no vaccine whatsoever....
Uncle Rupert has actually been pushing the vaccine. Newscorpes, Fox.....all pushing hard. Which makes me suss

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 29-01-2022, 11:21 PM   #18221
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

In regards to people's changing behaviour, I have seen some changes go on in AFF. Some members that have been held in high regard within this forum have changed their personas during COVID.

Some members who have never come under notice, have been banned or at least banned from this area of the forum or issued warnings. Some of these members have even then created aliases to continue to have access to this very thread or to at least reinvent themselves for one reason or another shying away from their previous username.
Old 29-01-2022, 11:42 PM   #18222
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I wish they would get rid of these BS mandatory QR check-ins at this point. They already admitted they are not using the data for anything so it is pretty ****ing dumb at this point

I only do it still because technically you could be fined for not doing so and I'd rather do that than pay a fine or fight it out. Path of least resistance
I do wonder what it is used for in NSW now; we still check in, receive alerts of positive cases almost every day but, only action required is:

- to watch for symptoms and if symptoms develop do a RAT and self isolate if positive.

That is what we all are suppose to do anyway, with or without QR codes.

So, what is the point of QR codes now??

Cheers,
George V
Old 30-01-2022, 08:27 AM   #18223
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka View Post
Murdoch and News Corp. Number one players in the game. Played a pivotal part in what the world has become today.
BINGO!

Money and power over all else!
Maybe, or it could just be that folk are now realising that we/they are going to get ahead by being thrown back on their own resources, you have to lose something to gain something, either good or bad!
We now are watching the old instinctual nature or caveman mentality appearing, a dog eat dog society.

Intellectualism is gone, replaced by instinctual feelings of " what is mine is mine "

Last edited by russellw; 30-01-2022 at 10:23 AM. Reason: You can have a reminder about swearing as well.
Old 30-01-2022, 08:32 AM   #18224
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by George V View Post
I do wonder what it is used for in NSW now; we still check in, receive alerts of positive cases almost every day but, only action required is:

- to watch for symptoms and if symptoms develop do a RAT and self isolate if positive.

That is what we all are suppose to do anyway, with or without QR codes.

So, what is the point of QR codes now??

Cheers,
George V
It's to fool you and others that the Government is helping you, average Joe follows rules, I am average Joe, I follow rules, but, I choose to do it, with me it's my choice not anothers!
Old 30-01-2022, 08:58 AM   #18225
MustangNicko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Didn't you know only right wing media peddle hysteria and misinformation? The media that I consume is all true.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2022, 09:48 AM   #18226
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
In regards to people's changing behaviour, I have seen some changes go on in AFF. Some members that have been held in high regard within this forum have changed their personas during COVID.

Some members who have never come under notice, have been banned or at least banned from this area of the forum or issued warnings. Some of these members have even then created aliases to continue to have access to this very thread or to at least reinvent themselves for one reason or another shying away from their previous username.
Name the mongrels!......shame them......I for one would like to know, if I get banned I may look in occasionally as a guest, but its me
"slowsnake" or nothing, name em

PS...Am not having a dig at anyone, just be nice to know who's who when you read and answer a post!
Old 30-01-2022, 10:31 AM   #18227
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Why a serious case of COVID could affect your insurance, even decades from now

Quote:
Key points:
  • The long-term health impacts of COVID could affect your life insurance, even decades into the future
  • Unlike health insurance, life insurance policies could place exclusions on policies if you suffered health damage from COVID
  • Experts warn policies could be priced based on the severity of a COVID variant, if found to have different effects
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-...pact/100785930
Old 30-01-2022, 10:31 AM   #18228
leesa

Quote:

a non-profit watchdog group literally wrote about the misinformation that fox news was peddling
Quote:
Fox has undermined vaccines nearly every day in the last six months
https://www.mediamatters.org/coronav...ast-six-months
there are plenty of youtube videos of other groups also pointing out the misinformation and hypocrisy of fox news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCHgskxAaO0

and direct links from fox news itself showing their misinformation to encourage viewers to not get vaccinated

Quote:
Tucker Carlson: If you let Democrats force you to get the vaccine, they'll have complete control forever
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...ontrol-forever
Quote:
Tucker Carlson: The COVID vaccine is dangerous for kids, Big Tech doesn't want you to know that
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...-kids-big-tech
Quote:
Tucker Carlson: Young people are being forced to get COVID vaccine, but it may harm them more than COVID
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...-may-harm-them
Quote:
Tucker Carlson: How many Americans have died after taking the COVID vaccine?
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...-covid-vaccine

Old 30-01-2022, 12:27 PM   #18229
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia
NSW records 13,524 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9339 from 0.9280) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line.

VIC records 10,589 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate decreases to 0.9369 (from 0.9562) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend.

No States set a new daily high.

Here is the predictive trend graph for three States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2022, 01:00 PM   #18230
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT January 29th 2022.

39,038 new cases for Australia and 96 deaths so the CMR is 0.144%. Deaths this year (1,398) have already passed the 1,323 for all of 2021.

NZ recorded 155 cases and 0 deaths for a CMR of 0.322%.

The UK recorded 72,143 cases and 286 deaths for a CMR of 0.948%.

554,715 new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,852 deaths sees CMR at 1.203%.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
It should probably be noted that weekend reporting currently means that ~1M cases aren’t reported;
Global cases pass 372M;
Europe passes 123M cases;
Asia passes 99M cases;
North America passes 88M cases;
South America passes 48M cases;
India passes 41M cases;

El Salvador (901);
Trinidad (1,081);
Egypt (2,018);
Belarus (2,302);
Bahrain (6,708);
Estonia (7,124);
Latvia (9,626);
Lithuania (11,666);
South Korea (17,540);
Georgia (18,274);
Chile (29,175);
Ukraine (37,351);
Japan (80,994);
Turkey (94,783); and
Russia (113,122) – the 9th consecutive day;

... all recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-02-2022 at 12:43 AM.
Old 30-01-2022, 01:11 PM   #18231
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's weird to hear the crap some people sprout, to justify their own feelings.

Nobody ever claimed that the vaccines gave 100% protection.
And sure, there's no doubt that "Big Pharma" is making squillions out of it.
(Just like airlines and cruise-lines are losing squillions)

Looking at NSW & Victoria, it's obvious that the Vaccine hasn't stopped Omicron. But maybe it's the difference between life & death for many people.
The fatality rates we're seeing now, whilst still tragic, are far lower than when Covid first emerged.

I have been vaccinated against:
Polio
Diphtheria
Pertussis
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Tetanus
Smallpox
Cholera
Tuberculous
Typhoid
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
Meningococcal
Japanese Encephalitis
Yellow Fever
Rabies
and get an annual influenza vaccine
Whilst living in Asia I took daily doses of Doxycycline as a prophylactic against Malaria.

So WHY would I suddenly balk at being vaccinated against Covid?
5 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2022, 03:51 PM   #18232
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
It's weird to hear the crap some people sprout, to justify their own feelings.

Nobody ever claimed that the vaccines gave 100% protection.
And sure, there's no doubt that "Big Pharma" is making squillions out of it.
(Just like airlines and cruise-lines are losing squillions)

Looking at NSW & Victoria, it's obvious that the Vaccine hasn't stopped Omicron. But maybe it's the difference between life & death for many people.
The fatality rates we're seeing now, whilst still tragic, are far lower than when Covid first emerged.

I have been vaccinated against:
Polio
Diphtheria
Pertussis
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Tetanus
Smallpox
Cholera
Tuberculous
Typhoid
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
Meningococcal
Japanese Encephalitis
Yellow Fever
Rabies
and get an annual influenza vaccine
Whilst living in Asia I took daily doses of Doxycycline as a prophylactic against Malaria.

So WHY would I suddenly balk at being vaccinated against Covid?

How many of those vaccines did you do any research about before getting them?

Many people get vaccinated simply because they’re told to.

Who tells them to? The doctors. The media. Who pays
the doctors and the media? Big pharma.

How many of those illnesses were really bad enough to need an almost mandatory vaccine for every person, for ever?

How many of these illnesses would have died out naturally with modern hygiene, water safety and general standard of living?

Some of the case numbers back when these vaccines were brought in would surprise.

Why do some philanthropists spend billions of dollars vaccinating third world countries instead of spending billions of dollars to give them reliable running water and electricity?

Why do people that ask questions like this get discounted as anti vaxxers, or conspiracy theorists or just plain old nut jobs?

Last edited by GasoLane; 30-01-2022 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Resized pic for those that don't have a 60" monitor
Old 30-01-2022, 04:13 PM   #18233
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post

How many of those illnesses were really bad enough to need an almost mandatory vaccine for every person, for ever?

How many of these illnesses would have died out naturally with modern hygiene, water safety and general standard of living?

Some of the case numbers back when these vaccines were brought in would surprise.

Why do some philanthropists spend billions of dollars vaccinating third world countries instead of spending billions of dollars to give them reliable running water and electricity?

Why do people that ask questions like this get discounted as anti vaxxers, or conspiracy theorists or just plain old nut jobs?

How many vaccines did you research before getting them?
Old 30-01-2022, 04:51 PM   #18234
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
a non-profit watchdog group literally wrote about the misinformation that fox news was peddling

there are plenty of youtube videos of other groups also pointing out the misinformation and hypocrisy of fox news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCHgskxAaO0

and direct links from fox news itself showing their misinformation to encourage viewers to not get vaccinated

Darling, you are grasping at straws...

This is not an anti-vax message...

As important as vaccines may be, the question of whether to take them, whether to have powerful drugs injected into your body is the most intimate kind of personal health decision

Politicians and bureaucrats should have no role in a decision like that. These decisions are for the individual alone to decide, in consultation with family, physicians and clergy. When it comes to medical care, it is your body, your choice — just as it’s been since 1973. That seemed to be, consistently enough, the Biden Administration’s position on vaccines. Many people assumed that it was their position. But it was not. On the questions of vaccines, Joe Biden is not pro-choice. He is pro-mandate.

That is a message against governments MANDATING vaccination.

This is not an anti-vax message either...

WHO published new vaccine guidance. Here’s what it says: children should not take the coronavirus vaccine. Why? The drugs are too dangerous.

Here he is quoting the WHO guidelines back at them and questioning the about face in guidance relating to children's safety.

You need to learn basic clear thinking and/or comprehension skills Leesa.

This is not an anti-vax message either....

Between late December of 2020, and last month, a total of 3,362 people apparently died after getting the COVID vaccines in the United States. Three thousand, three hundred and sixty-two — that’s an average of 30 people every day

That is a report on the facts, pointing out that emphasis is almost entirely on lives saved, deaths due to covid etc.

He clearly describes the numbers of people dying directly as a consequence of the vaccines and the attendent reactions.

That...to me is newsworthy.

Now...what else have you got?

BTW...quoting youtube videos as supporting adult discussion is where credibility is lost in my world.

2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2022, 04:52 PM   #18235
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Why a serious case of COVID could affect your insurance, even decades from now

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-...pact/100785930
No different as to what happens now when disclosing your health condition with any existing ailments to life insurance policies.
Old 30-01-2022, 04:56 PM   #18236
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Over the years those vaccines have proved themselves to be beneficial to mankind.; so much for your s***ty theory.
Old 30-01-2022, 05:07 PM   #18237
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I wish they would get rid of these BS mandatory QR check-ins at this point. They already admitted they are not using the data for anything so it is pretty ****ing dumb at this point

l

I have never used a QR code ...anywhere...I always fill in the book with just my initials and the completely,utterly,oxygen thieving free landline number that the NBN automatically gives everyone.

It is true, accurate and they can find me if it's important enough.

it's my way of not letting the govt trace me...it's bad enough the missus location shares me to get the bread and milk all the time...

Old 30-01-2022, 05:35 PM   #18238
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Over the years those vaccines have proved themselves to be beneficial to mankind.; so much for your s***ty theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post

Which ****ty theory would that be? I asked questions…
Old 30-01-2022, 05:39 PM   #18239
nstg8a

Quote:
How many vaccines did you research before getting them?

I can quite honestly say that I have never researched a single vaccine before having it done.
With some of the information coming out now about various vaccines and illnesses I wish I had.

And that’s exactly where the problem is. We show almost blind faith in what we get told, we don’t do our own research, we don’t make up our minds. We do as we are told.

For the record, I’m not anti vaxx as such. I’ve had pretty much all vaccines someone my age is supposed to have.
Bit I think there is a transparency issue, and there is a huge financial issue, and there’s a power imbalance that stops people from getting and discussing facts.

(Thanks for the resize, didn’t realise it was gonna be so big)
Old 30-01-2022, 06:23 PM   #18240
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Which ****ty theory would that be? I asked questions…
My bad, should have been s****y questions.

You hopefully being a reasonably educated person should know all medicines go through a strict testing regime before being approved for public use.
Yes I know going back over 50 years or more some bad ones might have got through with bad outcomes with side effects but I would dare say the testing standards these days are more strict than ever because of this.
Cheers

PS: As for discussions about medicines and vaccines I usually sit down with my practicing GP and have lengthy discussions since I have few health issues, this I find is the best resource for any information I need.

Last edited by Itsme; 30-01-2022 at 06:33 PM.
Closed Thread