Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 12-09-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
FocusZetec07
Starter Motor

Default New Focus owner - with one minor issue

Just picked up my new silver Focus Zetec hatch yesterday, and so far it's a great little car - looks great and goes pretty good.

There is one strange thing that happens though with the driver's power window - when i try and close it, most of the time it stops when it gets to the top, and then goes back down by itself for no reason! I have to try it sveral times to get it to stay up. None of the other windows have this problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? I think it has something to do with the anti-jam feature on the windows - my thinking is that for some reason it is thinking that there is something in the way and opening itself again.

I'll have to get it looked at when I take it in for its first service. Apart from that though all is good.

If anyone has any advice on this I'd appreciate it!

Thanks

FocusZetec07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

First of all, welcome!!! I know you'll love your Focus, and probably discover lot's of things about it as time goes on.

Not sure on the window problem. First I've heard of this one. But sounds like a faulty switch connection to me. It's not something that should happen.

But some others may have a better idea
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusZetec07
There is one strange thing that happens though with the driver's power window - when i try and close it, most of the time it stops when it gets to the top, and then goes back down by itself for no reason! I have to try it sveral times to get it to stay up. None of the other windows have this problem.
Gday and welcome to the forums! In no time you'll be addicted.

Pretty sure its the antijam. I think it may be a sensor to see if the window is up all the way that may need adjusting.

Cheers,
Chris
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

G'day mate, and welcome to the forums.

Haven't heard of that problem before, but shouldn't be tough for the guys to fix at its first service.

Nice car!

Regards, Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #5
FocusZetec07
Starter Motor

Thanks guys - I'll get them to look at it when I take it in for a service - hopefully its no big deal.

I'm really happy with the car, I just love to drive it. My last car was a Commodore SV6 which I had for work - I thought that handled well but its nothing when I compare it to how I can point the Focus around a corner! The Commodore felt like a brick on wheels in comparison.

Thanks for making me feel welcome!
FocusZetec07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post