Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #211
allde
Starter Motor

Default Re: Bali 9

Pathetic, What next Scholarships for Frank Vitkovic (Queens Street Massacre WA), Ivan Milat and Martin Bryant.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/austr...01-1mxmdp.html
allde is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-05-2015, 06:46 PM   #212
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
The only point about the feds is that one point, why did or how did they let them go, they were informed before hand.
And that's the whole point that must be addressed, and police work is all about just that ? .
The drugs were coming in FROM Indonesia, hence why the AFP couldn't arrest them for smuggling at that stage, as they were not in possession of the drug and they were not travelling out of Australia with them. If they had, then they could have nailed them.

Quote:
Or was there some type of government involvement that caused such a thing..
According to their supporters, only Indonesian and that was by their account a request for bribes.

Quote:
Any cop would be interested in knowing the details you know. (this is not cop bashing ).
They took what details they could and that is why they requested the Indonesian Polisi monitor them. Indonesians monitored, then decided to arrest them.

Quote:
If the feds or who ever, can let people travel with drugs knowingly, well that's just wrong for a start..
They never traveled to Indonesia with drugs, so effectively, there was nothing legally that the AFP could do but put them on a watch list or the AFP may have tried to get them for conspiracy to import before they left, but based on one dads word, would be hard pressed to get a prosecution.

Quote:
It smells of corruption going on some where me thinks.
Corruption in Australia? how dare you mention that. According to their supporters only corruption can be Indonesian. It is highly possible influential Australian people may be involved, given the large amount of media coverage they have got over others in Asia on death row and the high paid lawyers involved.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-05-2015, 09:55 PM   #213
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by allde View Post
Pathetic, What next Scholarships for Frank Vitkovic (Queens Street Massacre WA), Ivan Milat and Martin Bryant.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/austr...01-1mxmdp.html
Waiting for the day they introduce a Ned Kelly bravery award, it would be very fitting .
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2015, 11:17 PM   #214
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra View Post
The drugs were coming in FROM Indonesia, hence why the AFP couldn't arrest them for smuggling at that stage, as they were not in possession of the drug and they were not travelling out of Australia with them. If they had, then they could have nailed them.

According to their supporters, only Indonesian and that was by their account a request for bribes.

They took what details they could and that is why they requested the Indonesian Polisi monitor them. Indonesians monitored, then decided to arrest them.

They never traveled to Indonesia with drugs, so effectively, there was nothing legally that the AFP could do but put them on a watch list or the AFP may have tried to get them for conspiracy to import before they left, but based on one dads word, would be hard pressed to get a prosecution.

Corruption in Australia? how dare you mention that. According to their supporters only corruption can be Indonesian. It is highly possible influential Australian people may be involved, given the large amount of media coverage they have got over others in Asia on death row and the high paid lawyers involved.
That's not what I preserved that Walid Ali on channel 10 the Project said a few days ago as he went through it all. as I understand it coming from him, it was going to Indo from Australia.

Last edited by nuthin' fancy; 07-05-2015 at 12:46 PM.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2015, 11:32 PM   #215
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
That's not what I preserved that Walid Ali on channel 10 the Project said a few days ago as he went through it all. as I understand it coming from him, it was going to Indo from Australia.
No he didn't
"Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran were guilty men. They were criminals, they were ringleaders of an operation to smuggle drugs into this country, but they were also let down time and again, right up to their final hours," Aly said.

Not sure where you got that the wrong way round.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Last edited by nuthin' fancy; 07-05-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2015, 10:30 AM   #216
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFIwindsor View Post
Pity the slogan has bogan spelling....
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #217
bungarra

Quote:
That's not what I preserved that Walid Ali channel 10 the Project said a few days ago as he went through it all. as I understand it coming from him, it was going to Indo from Australia.
Considering some were caught at Denpasar Airport departure area, 2 were taken of a departing plane and the others were caught in their hotel packing to leave with the drugs on their body. The drugs had originally come from Thailand, it would be assumed that the drugs were leaving Indonesia.

Last edited by nuthin' fancy; 07-05-2015 at 12:49 PM.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2015, 04:05 PM   #218
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra View Post
Considering some were caught at Denpasar Airport departure area, 2 were taken of a departing plane and the others were caught in their hotel packing to leave with the drugs on their body. The drugs had originally come from Thailand, it would be assumed that the drugs were leaving Indonesia.
OK, I must of got it wrong. I was cooking up grub and when it came on I sat down and watched it all.
And I am in no why attacking our Police at all, as I have them in my own family, so I do know what that's all about.

I thought it was some Government balls up being the real problem that all the going on about it all.

I my self do not care about drug pushers to warrant such a big deal that has been made about them, and that's why I thought something is up about all this.
Everyone knows if you play the drug game, your playing with fire and it's nothing but your own stupid fault if the whole thing comes down on you, because that's the game they are playing.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2015, 11:29 PM   #219
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
A bunch of indonesians got busted trying to bring 300kg of crack into Aus in 1998. They're still doing time until now. How about we send their citizens back on the proviso they take a few pedophiles, rapists and murderers from our prison system along and finish them off on that execution island.
fair comment, but that is not our law, and perhaps we should look at that ?
i do feel for the parents of these people,
but ........ these dudes new the risks, and they got caught, my 2 bobs worth is its none of our bees wax whether Indonesians execute dealers and drug runners or not, that's is their law we have no right to stick our nose in.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #220
Spinner77

Quote:
their law we have no right to stick our nose in.
It's fair enough to have that view. But is it practical?

Imagine the public reaction if any Australian Government said, "Tough luck, kiddo — they say you did the crime, so do the time"

Not a vote winner, I suspect. At least that must be what the politicians think.

There is an amazing attitude of entitlement by Australians when they are overseas. I remember Alexander Downer saying on TV that when he was foreign minister, and we were sending planes to Lebanon (I think) to evacuate Australian citizens, some not only objected to having to pay, but some were sore because they would not get frequent flyer points for the trip!

Also government intervention sometimes works. I don't want to mention the name, because there was some sensitivity about it, but there was a case where a young person, caught with two illegal pills, got out of an Indonesian slammer in record time. It is hard to think Australian government intervention was not involved. And a big brown paper bag full of folding stuff.

This person also had a sudden religious, ah, "epiphany" I think is the word, and had converted to Islam. Very professional advice was evident — or not, depending on your point of view.
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2015, 06:05 PM   #221
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner77 View Post
It's fair enough to have that view. But is it practical?

Imagine the public reaction if any Australian Government said, "Tough luck, kiddo — they say you did the crime, so do the time"

Not a vote winner, I suspect. At least that must be what the politicians think.

There is an amazing attitude of entitlement by Australians when they are overseas. I remember Alexander Downer saying on TV that when he was foreign minister, and we were sending planes to Lebanon (I think) to evacuate Australian citizens, some not only objected to having to pay, but some were sore because they would not get frequent flyer points for the trip!

Also government intervention sometimes works. I don't want to mention the name, because there was some sensitivity about it, but there was a case where a young person, caught with two illegal pills, got out of an Indonesian slammer in record time. It is hard to think Australian government intervention was not involved. And a big brown paper bag full of folding stuff.

This person also had a sudden religious, ah, "epiphany" I think is the word, and had converted to Islam. Very professional advice was evident — or not, depending on your point of view.
Michelle Leslie was her name
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #222
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
fair comment, but that is not our law, and perhaps we should look at that ?
i do feel for the parents of these people,
but ........ these dudes new the risks, and they got caught, my 2 bobs worth is its none of our bees wax whether Indonesians execute dealers and drug runners or not, that's is their law we have no right to stick our nose in.
This is where 'democracy' and 'capitalism' falls over. Democracy degrades society bit by bit as time goes on, and everyone suddenly grows a sense of 'entitlement', even the criminals, in the name of 'human rights', and pleasing the 'majority'. All the while people are crucified for victimless 'crimes' like exceeding the speed limit, traffic offences, unpaid fines, tax evasion. While the bigger things with actual victims like fraud, theft, murder, rape, assault, drugs go largely unpunished with some even getting away with a slap on the wrist, an absurd joke called a 'suspended sentence' or a long free stay in Hotel Correctional.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #223
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

heres an interesting case, a friend of the family was out front of his house doing harry suburban stuff some time ago , 4 blokes rocked up and held a knife to his throat and threatened to kill him if he did not give them the keys to his expensive high performance benz, next day on the news a robbery is attempted with an expensive high performance benz as a getaway car (guess where that came from), i cant remember details if they got the loot or not .............
i believe a day or so later his car was found as a burnt out shell, i hear on the grape vine today the dudes where caught and got 4 months .
no wonder coppers get ****ed , they track dudes down and the judge gives the offenders a slap on the wrist.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #224
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Can we at least try to stay on topic ?
Old 17-05-2015, 07:09 PM   #225
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pretty much sums it up

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #226
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
This is where 'democracy' and 'capitalism' falls over. Democracy degrades society bit by bit as time goes on, and everyone suddenly grows a sense of 'entitlement', even the criminals, in the name of 'human rights', and pleasing the 'majority'. All the while people are crucified for victimless 'crimes' like exceeding the speed limit, traffic offences, unpaid fines, tax evasion. While the bigger things with actual victims like fraud, theft, murder, rape, assault, drugs go largely unpunished with some even getting away with a slap on the wrist, an absurd joke called a 'suspended sentence' or a long free stay in Hotel Correctional.
No, that is where the JUSTICE system falls over . In a lot of cases irrefutable proof is required to even convict . That is where Indonesia in this case is 100 % correct, they were caught with evidence, the penalties are clear.
It is in cases like Corby's that doubt comes into play . Drugs in baggage lead to a element of doubt . She could have faced the same fate, she has done the jail time ( obviously an Australian sentence would have been more lenient ), which proves the Indonesian system is working just fine . It is the ********* that keep testing it that makes me wonder .
To those that are sympathetic to the fate of the pair, don't bother the authorities with a cry for help when your bashed for your wallet, carjacked, had a break and enter or some such, cause 9 times out of 10 it will have something to do with people like this . The irony is you will want to kill the perpetrator if you got your hands on him only our law is holding you back !
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2015, 11:17 PM   #227
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I forgot to answer the bit about "entitlement". I take you mean the growth industry in the U.S style of litigation whereby if you trip over a crack in the pavement whilst being under the influence of same or suffer injuries due to excessive force being restrained committing an offence against some law abiding person/property you are entitled to some compensation ? The same leftist views that run rife in the legal fraternity are well entrenched in the labor party, ever noticed how many non practising lawyers are in the high echelons there, a case in point is anti bikie laws, discriminating against a particular group even though it has been proven drugs are major element in their lifestyle . So maybe you are correct, democracy has the ability allow illegal activities to flourish, in our case all in the hope of a vote .
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2015, 01:23 PM   #228
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Stay on topic please.