Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 22-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Chippa666

Default My '91 Laser KF TX3 N/A

Just thought I'd post up a few pics of my other car.
It's a 1991 Ford Laser KF TX3 N/A. I've had it for 4 years now and I bought it to do some sprint racing in initially, but then it turned into my daily.
I did race it at the BP Midlands/Pedders No Bull series at Winton raceway for a little while back in 2008 and in the last race of the year I got third in class in it which wasn't bad considering it was almost stock. I run in the under 2ltr natually aspirated road registered class so it still has be to street legal.

I've also showed the car at Small Ford Sunday here in Melbourne and won best laser in 2008, 2009 and 2011. So for a cheap run around it has served me well.
I've unfortunatley let it go a bit since I decided to get a new car ( link here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349033), and it's now in storage until next year when I can find the time and money to set it up for track duties again.

Here are some pics of it over the time I've had it:

Chippa

Old 31-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: My '91 Laser KF TX3 N/A

Still a clean neat unit though.
Had some decent punt for their time as well.

What suspension work was done to it???
My Mother had a KF GHIA 1.8L SOHC in manual ... and that even moved along pretty well. And drive even better after getting pretty much fully kitted out at Whiteline in the late 90's
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
VippiN
What a performer!

Nice mate, I bet that trophy looks good on your nightstand.
1991 Ford Laser KF TX3 :: BP-T :: 2011-2015 109fwkW
2007 Ford Falcon BF XR6 Turbo Ute :: Barra 245T :: 2014-2019 324rwkW
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR8 Ute :: Windsor V8 :: 2019-2020
2008 Ford Fiesta XR4 :: Duratec 150 :: 2021-*
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR6 :: HP Intech :: 2021-*
VippiN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Chippa666

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't replied. Keep forgetting I still own it!! Lol it's been in storage since I got my XR6T so looking at laser stuff isn't something I've been doing.

Mechan1k: it's running lowered king springs and boge shocks all round. I'm looking at putting in super lows, larger sway bars front and rear, new bushes all round and front and rear strut braces some time in the future. I need to get it ready to race again. It's been over 3 years since I had it out on the track ( since just before my son was born!), so itching to get back out there but need to set the car up right this time around so I can be a bit more competitive.

Future plans are full cage and a new engine/gearbox setup to give it a bit more go. Plus some weight loss in the form of it's interior. Need to keep it street legal and registered for a while too though so can't go too nuts. Only have 3-4 more years until it's eligible for clubs plates!

Hopefully will have it home soon so I can start on it. Had to put it into storage on a friends farm for a while as I thought I was getting another car, but that has just falling through!
Old 07-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Chippa666

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't replied. Keep forgetting I still own it!! Lol it's been in storage since I got my XR6T so looking at laser stuff isn't something I've been doing.

Mechan1k: it's running lowered king springs and boge shocks all round. I'm looking at putting in super lows, larger sway bars front and rear, new bushes all round and front and rear strut braces some time in the future. I need to get it ready to race again. It's been over 3 years since I had it out on the track ( since just before my son was born!), so itching to get back out there but need to set the car up right this time around so I can be a bit more competitive.

Future plans are full cage and a new engine/gearbox setup to give it a bit more go. Plus some weight loss in the form of it's interior. Need to keep it street legal and registered for a while too though so can't go too nuts. Only have 3-4 more years until it's eligible for clubs plates!

Hopefully will have it home soon so I can start on it. Had to put it into storage on a friends farm for a while as I thought I was getting another car, but that has just falling through!