Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #121
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
Thats true Dusty and 3 years is a long time to regret picking the wrong car while waiting for the lease to run out. You gotta love all the "toys" on the latest model.
They are good, but I wonder how many will end up getting turned off because they interfere too much? Will have to wait and see.

I like the centre section of the Euro model, but there's little chance of a DAB+ and sat nav as standard due to the size of the market. If the Falcon was given the boot, and Mondeo stepped in as the replacement, there might be a bit more hope, but selling so few cars, particularly in Titanium spec, wouldn't see this as viable.

My upcoming one will be my second lease, so I haven't had that experience yet, I think it would be horrible, and I'd be counting down the days.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #122
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got quoted 20 months delivery on a Polo GTi - likely 8-10 months after order confirmed; so Ford's delays aren't too bad!
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #123
Allusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
They are good, but I wonder how many will end up getting turned off because they interfere too much? Will have to wait and see.
I love all the new toys except the automatic high beams and they can't be disabled afaik except on a per ignition cycle basis. They're annoying because they think every street sign is a light source and turn off and also when another car passes they don't turn off soon enough.

Everything else works really well, doesn't get in the way, and the cruise control is superb.
Allusion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #124
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Denmac Darra have 9 MC's..6 are Titanium spec. The diesel wagon is $52990 drive away. the diesel Hatch is $45990 drive away. $7k more for the wagon ???????
VEHICLE DETAILS
Year: 2011 Make: FORD Model: MONDEO Badge: TITANIUM PWRSHIFT Series: MC Body: WAGON Trans: SD Fuel Type: Diesel Cylinders: 4 Price: $52,990* Drive AwayKms: 10 .Seats: 5 Rego: Stock: 542737 VIN: WF0GXXGBBGAA15214

VEHICLE DETAILS
Year: 2011 Make: FORD Model: MONDEO Badge: TITANIUM PWRSHIFT TDCI Series: MC Body: HATCHBACK Trans: SD Fuel Type: Diesel Cylinders: 4 Price: $45,990* Drive AwayKms: 10 Seats: 5 Rego: Stock: 546222 VIN: WF0EXXGBBEAG33545

Last edited by csv8; 05-03-2011 at 12:39 PM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #125
Allusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allusion
I love all the new toys except the automatic high beams and they can't be disabled.
Found out how to turn them off so happy now

Forgot to mention, car got delivered mid week and unbelievably happy with it. Colour is Lunar Sky which seems to change hue every time I go outside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_0630s.jpg (122.0 KB, 64 views)
Old 06-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #126
Mickmelb

Looks great Allusion good to hear your happy with it. Hopefully mine wont be too far away either although im over waiting for it now I have another new toy to play with instead.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #127
Allusion

Thanks Mick and I know what you mean, I got very ho hum about the wait after a while, but then couldn't sleep for last two days before delivery. For me it was really worth the pain though as it's an outstanding vehicle and I haven't stopped smiling since.

I hope it's not too much longer for you.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #128
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I saw a XR5 Mondeo today and it has headlight washers. Allusion does your's?they look like the same headlights.

Jeez, you're ,aking me jealous now! I know mine is at the dock waiting for the ship. Still tracking for May.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #129
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

MB XR5 has headlights and washers.....just like the pics I'm seeing of MC Titaniums.
MB XR5 lights are self-levellling when turned on. And those Bi-Xenons are fantastic - like daylight.

Washers work when you hold the wash button down long enough to (presumably) pressurise the system to make them pop up and squirt. Just like your pop-up garden sprinklers. Really cute !!
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #130
Allusion

The pics I've seen of MC Titaniums all had washers, even in the brochures, but it doesn't have them and it has manual headlight leveling rather than automatic so I think they pulled the projectors or it's not a legal requirement to have washers and leveling (I thought it was though and definitely is in Europe).

It's a bit strange though as the beam from the headlights has a purple tinge around the outside edge of the beam and look like projectors on the car. They're probably the clearest headlights I've ever used too.

I spoke the dealer about missing features (Satnav/elec suspension) when they delivered it and he said Ford is trying to keep it under the luxury car tax and also not hurt Falcon sales, so maybe it fell victim to that. I think the falcon part is a bit strange though, when I was looking at cars, I looked at the 6, and Euro then came back to the Mondeo, I never even considered the Falcon even though I've owned them before.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #131
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Titaniums have different headlights to the XR5, the projectors turn with the steering wheel, and are not Xenons. The XR5 projectors only self level they do not turn left right, but the XR5 has an inner turning lamp for cornering.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #132
Allusion

Thanks Dash, that explains a lot.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #133
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Thanks Dash.

Allusion, that is strange about the car tax and the Falcon. Who would have thought that there's room in Australia for a luxury Ford with a lot of mod-cons?
Previous:
Old 07-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #134
Allusion

I know Dusty. Considering the delivery times, I think we should be able to pick our build options a bit better particularly with the lack of convers+ support in 3rd party audio.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #135
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Titaniums have different headlights to the XR5, the projectors turn with the steering wheel, and are not Xenons. The XR5 projectors only self level they do not turn left right, but the XR5 has an inner turning lamp for cornering.
My MB Titanium has the fixed inner cornering lamps too - actually really good for lighting up driveways etc that you're about to turn into.

Cheers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #136
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickmelb
Looks great Allusion good to hear your happy with it. Hopefully mine wont be too far away either although im over waiting for it now I have another new toy to play with instead.
Any news Mick? Gotta be getting close now.
Previous:
Old 15-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #137
msford

I pick mine up tomorrow, March 16. The weather's a bit inclement here for the next few days but I'll try and take a pic asap and post it.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2011, 05:58 PM   #138
Mickmelb

Quote:
Any news Mick? Gotta be getting close now.
I'm over it now last I heard was the end of this month. I brought a new motorbike for the other side of the garage so that's keeping me entertained at present, impulse buying at its best saw it 1 day took it home 48hrs later why can't a Mondeo be that simple. How far off is yours Dusty?
Old 15-03-2011, 08:04 PM   #139
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Re: Titanium delivery dates

msford - good move. Take a picture and use it as your Avatar.
Mick - lovin' this! I'd get shot if I did that. I'm still looking at mid May. It's built and is sitting on the dock waiting for it's boat trip.
Previous:
Old 16-03-2011, 12:30 AM   #140
Mickmelb

That's a long wait still ahead for you Dusty I hope you love it when you finally get your hands on it. If your wife would shoot you then my tip of the month for you is if you ever find yourself in a Ducati dealership don't let them start the bike that's when they have you hook line and sinker.
Old 19-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #141
msford

Quote:
msford - good move. Take a picture and use it as your Avatar.
I will, Dusty, as soon as the weather clears up. I'd like to take a nice, bright outdoors photo but the weather has been grey and miserable since I picked it up.

The car is awesome. It was worth the wait.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #142
Mickmelb

I saw my firsy MC Titanium in the wild today (2 actually driving 1 parked) damm those DRL's are bright. One week to go for mine I hope its worth the almost 4 month wait since ordering.
Old 24-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #143
Allusion

yeah they're pretty bright, I think I've seen more MC's in the last month than MA's and MB's in total.

Painful last week - I think it was worth it for me, there's just so much I love about the car.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #144
Mickmelb

My titanium finally turned up on Thursday!! So far very nice I love the cruise control and the headlights moving as you turn is pretty freaky. I'm not sure how they justify predelivery costs though, the global up for the windows wouldn't work ( I reprogrammed the windows and fixed it), the drivers side window washes don't work and neither does the drivers side blind spot alert. But other than those little things its a great car.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #145
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Good one Mick.
Enjoy it and safe travels.
Previous:
Old 02-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #146
Allusion

Congrats Mick, I hope they fix them up quickly for you and you get lots of happy motoring.

My windows weren't programmed either, I did it while the dealer was trying to show me the car :p also after the 3000k service they came back unprogrammed along with a few other convers settings set back to defaults.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #147
Mickmelb

Thanks guys. They are only little problems so no big deal. I brought a Ducati a few weeks ago and its interesting comparing the whole buying experience between a top of the line Ford and an exotic sports bike. 1 went smooth as silk with some of the nicest people I have ever dealt with and the other was a drawn out slog from start to finish. The bike took 48 hours from wandering in the shop to riding home and the car took almost 4 months. There must be a lesson in there if Ford want to get their market share back up.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #148
Mickmelb

Allusion, I just noticed you have a Bluefin tune for your car how do you find it? They quote some nice big increases in power and especially torque. If mine wasn't a lease I would probably get 1 also.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:38 AM   #149
Allusion

Bluefin is great, feels a bit more like a petrol engine with it on and get power right from the start where before it used to hesitate a little bit. Fuel consumption is the same atm but definitely more power.

Installation was easy, just plug it in to the diagnostic port and download the map, upload it over the internet and then download the new one when they send it back and transfer it into the cars computer and can revert to the original anytime if needed.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #150
Mickmelb

Sounds good enjoy it, just remember to go back to factory tune before you go in for services no use giving any excuses for them to get out of warranty claims.