Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

Smile Which V8 Supercar Track Experience is Recommended?

Preferably in Sydney area... although I will travel for a better option.

--Russ

Old 27-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Having driven Eastern creek at trackdays in my FPV taking turn 1 at about 180+k's in my car, doing it flat out well nearly in a supercar would be extreme. EC is a fast car track the experience in a V8SC over the back and around corporate hill would definately put a smile on ya face. I have some laps of EC in a thread for you to check out the track from the incar cam

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11249149

Cheers
steve

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

i done eastern creek in SBR three seater couple years ago, with seton driving, holy hell, it was the greatest experience i have ever had in a car. Recommend it 100%

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
GTP-814
love the quad cams

is there any where you are permitted to drive?
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive done one which you could drive . V8 race expierence it was called i think.
I highly doubt they were even close to race spec . Well the handling was fantasic in them possibly because of the the slicks but there were not fast and looking at about 50 dollars a lap . would not do it again
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
BOSSGT302

Cool Go Racing

V8 race expierence it was called i think.

Did this last year at Eastern Creek. Great fun, was $300 for 5 laps and you option up another 2 laps for $90. :
Top speed was about 210k's as revs limited to 5500, Handling the twisty bits fast was the highlight.
Old 27-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #7
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

I'd go for the SBR 3Up ride if you can, the only true V8 Supercar experience to be had, beyond that the "Experience" programs are just XR8's with a front clip and a loud exhaust..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #8
TERRY TORRY

: Hi. I did it in Sydney thanks to my daughters' 60th birthday present. Only problem I was just getting into the swing of it after 5 laps and they stopped me. I was just winding up at 170. I would have loved more. It was great. I loved my daughters more for the once in a life time experience. It was very well handled all the way. LOVE IT. Glen. : :
TERRY TORRY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

This is the one I would do if money wasnt a concern, one day I will do it..

http://www.drivebathurst.com/
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
Scott

Hey Russ, the normal V8 Experiences you seem to be talking about are a bit of fun but they aren't quite V8 Supercars. They are V8 Supercar chassis (well atleast most seem to be) with V8SC Brakes etc but they are only quick in that they are well setup, tyred & braked. They will not push you back in the seat with mountains of grunt, they have a bit of poke but no more than you would expect out of a tweaked road car.

Just spend your hard earned knowing what you are signing up for.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
MRFGXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 
Talking

Hay Russ, I did the sydney "race a V8" November last year, conned the girlfriend to join me. Dam good fun for the day and wouldnt mind doing it again. Car only pulled just under 190 down the straight past the pit area but hay still fast and totaly legal. The cars as mentioned are suped up road cars with better brakes, modded motor rollcage etc. Plus you can get a dvd of you crapping yourself which is fun to show others at your expense. Shame it was over when your finaly starting to give the car a tickle or two. But hay still a dam good experience and well woth the money.
Cheers.
MRFGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #12
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

oh yeah, i'm not looking to set any land speed records, just want to have some fun.

today I drove my boss's Camry... my first right-hand drive car on Aussie roads...

Boy did it feel weird! Not so much the driving part as the road positioning... getting used to watching the left side of the car, especially going around a roundabout...

Its not as bad as I thought it'd be!
Old 28-03-2009, 02:00 AM   #13
KPOJ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.thesupercarexperience.com.au/

Never realized how much it costs to hire-a-supercar. Thats ridicules $500 for 10km at race pace thats 4 laps roughly 7-8 minutes

I should hire out my car.

At least there real supercars.
KPOJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 02:33 AM   #14
gtfpv
GT

Excellant Thread Thanks . Love It .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did the supercar experience at Oran Park which I got as a present through Red Ballon days. It was awesome fun even if you are just a passenger.

http://www.csphotography.com.au/gall...20469390_H6m2y
Aussie Falcon is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #16
GUTLES
Adam.

I got given a ticket from a supplier to do V8 Race experience @ Calder Park, was a bit of fun, the tracks are too small tho, 180 was as quick as I or any one could get up to. I beleive the cars are ex V8 Supercars but the Engine is just a Boss 290 with the 5 Speed gear box.

I also won a trip to Paul Morris's track in Queensland, the track was in alot worse condition then Calder & just as small. We even had a race with 3 teams which was a blast until our car blew a power steering hose.

Highlight of that day was 3 hot laps with Steven Richards driving a TE50, the amount of wheelspin sitting in the back was amazing.

I'll see if I can find some photo's..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #17
BOSSGT302

Default Any fun times decided

Hey Russ, were will you forfill your need for speed and fun?
Old 29-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #18
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSSGT302
Hey Russ, were will you forfill your need for speed and fun?
I have to admit after being a pedestrian for only two months, I can't wait to do this...
Old 29-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #19
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyVics
........ my first right-hand drive car on Aussie roads...

Boy did it feel weird! Not so much the driving part as the road positioning... getting used to watching the left side of the car, especially going around a roundabout...

Its not as bad as I thought it'd be!

G'day mate,

I empathise with you; the last time I drove Stateside I had a similar experience.

In my experience the most dangerous moments are if you don't concentrate when you are exiting a car park or private driveway. The first thing that comes to mind is to move to the side of the road to which your instinct moves you, and this can be disastrous.

I remember driving out of Doles Pineapple plantation on Hawaii and moving straight away into the left side of the road. Fortunately nothing was oncoming.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #20
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

I was following my coworker from the office... first thing he does when he goes on the main street is drives in the right lane.... Bastard!!!

then I go to signal before making a turn and the damn windshield wipers come on! they even moved the multifunction switch to the wrong side of the steering wheel, LOL
Old 30-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #21
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTLES
I got given a ticket from a supplier to do V8 Race experience @ Calder Park, was a bit of fun, the tracks are too small tho, 180 was as quick as I or any one could get up to. I beleive the cars are ex V8 Supercars but the Engine is just a Boss 290 with the 5 Speed gear box.

I'll see if I can find some photo's..
i think you will find that they run the 6 speed "h" pattern box.
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #22
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I did this one at Malalla here in Adelaide: http://www.v8race.com.au/
I got given it for my 30th. It was an absolute blast. Loved it!
Old 30-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #23
KPOJ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTLES
There cars are road cars with 2 calipers on each front disc. Exhaust system, cage, stripped interior and slicks
KPOJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #24
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I got five laps with Whincup in the full monty 888 racecar minutes after a Friday practice session finished at Wanneroo the other year, was awesome. If I could choose the track it would be Phillip Island, there is simply nothing else like Phillip Island on a bike, and no doubt it is just the same in a car, the place is magical.
Old 30-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #25
Spudz27
Call me Spud

In W.A you pay $745 for a full day of lectures, practice, racing etc at Barba. There are even throphies. They use VK race cars, I know 3 people who have been and they loved it. One was saying there is so much torque you never really need to leave 4th gear. I am going for my birthday and can't wait.

http://www.redballoondays.com.au/experience/TCK661

Last edited by EDfutura25; 30-03-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #26
GUTLES
Adam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst2000
i think you will find that they run the 6 speed "h" pattern box.
Defianlty was a 5 speed in the BA's & the VZ's had 6 speed's.

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post