Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-03-2023, 08:25 PM   #1
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Learning to drive like Hyperdrive

Recently got into the Hyperdrive series on Netflix. Can't believe its been out since 2019 and I've never noticed it. Its got me thinking it might be fun, and useful?, to learn some of the manoeuvres.

Are there any recommended driving schools in Melb which teaches that sort of stuff? Not talking about serious competition level, but just a bit of fun and to learn something new. Preferably something that has different levels of difficulty progression, rather than just a one day course.

(Not looking for schools operating out of maccas carparks in melton, noble park or the likes)

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2023, 10:51 PM   #2
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

Default Re: Learning to drive like Hyperdrive

Having not seen the show and the likelihood of me getting netflix is remote so I'm not sure what kind of 'maneuver's' you're speaking of.
But if you're after some driver training in a safe, relaxed environment have a look at Motorkhana.

https://motorkhanavic.com.au/

You'll need a basic motorsport license, a roadworthy car, a willingness to learn and in return the other members will be happy to help and instruct.
Rallye Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-03-2023, 01:12 AM   #3
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Learning to drive like Hyperdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
Having not seen the show and the likelihood of me getting netflix is remote so I'm not sure what kind of 'maneuver's' you're speaking of.
But if you're after some driver training in a safe, relaxed environment have a look at Motorkhana.

https://motorkhanavic.com.au/

You'll need a basic motorsport license, a roadworthy car, a willingness to learn and in return the other members will be happy to help and instruct.
Thanks, I'll take a look at them. What does it take to get a motorsport license? I have a helmet from the drag racing days ready to go

Not sure what you call it, its not pure drifting or stunt driving, but they run obstacle courses.

Heres a few clips from the show. Obviously they are pros and can do it at 80-100mph, I'd be happy just to learn how to do some of this around witches hats at 60-80kmh.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post