Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-02-2023, 11:32 AM   #1
MakeMeaSammich
Starter Motor

Default Ford Ba/BF Transgold Engine Mounts Vs Genuine: Transgold are garbage

Hello everyone,

Just letting the community know my engine mount story and I hope NO ONE experiences what I went through:

My car, Ford BF Wagon:

Original engine mounts were totally broken, so they needed changing. Went online and decided to purchase the 'Transgold' ones as they claim they're 'OEM'.

Anyway...after I installed them, I noticed an INTENSE vibration at idle in Drive, to the point where the review mirror would shake that much, I couldn't see through it (like I had a sub-woofer).

There was a droning sound throughout the car and was a little less prevalent in Park and Neutral. But still very noticeable.

In Reverse, there was no vibration.

This only happened at idle.

Anyway...I thought that vibration couldn't be the 'new' mounts. So, I tightened up the intake manifold bolts, cleaned the throttle body, the MAF sensor, fixed vacuum leaks and the problem never went away.

So after 3 weeks of troubleshooting, I tested the mounts:
I unscrewed the top mount bolts and jacked up the engine. The vibration went away!! - So I knew it was the engine mounts.

I bought the GENUINE FORD mounts, installed them and now my car drives NORMAL, smooth like it should be.

ALSO IT FIXED 3 OTHER PROBLEMS:

1. I used to feel my car vibrating at the underside driver's seat (the passenger could feel it too) 80km/h at around 1500-1800 rpm. I've noticed that many people have this issue, but very difficult to pin this cause. As soon as I installed the genuine mounts, that vibration at 80km/h was COMPLETELY ELIMINATED.

2. Steering Shudder When Braking: When I slightly press the pedal, the steering would shake, but if I was to firmly press it, the shaking would stop. I thought that must be brake discs: So I got them machined, and it didn't fix anything. I changed the pads, same thing. The steering would still shake when braking. As soon as I installed the genuine mounts, steering shudder when braking was COMPLETELY ELIMINATED.

3. Random Steering Shake. When driving, randomly my steering would shake, suggesting wheels being out of balance. After balancing my wheels and changing my front 2 tyres...the shake never went away. But after installing the genuine engine mounts, the steering shake was COMPLETELY ELIMINATED.

It just goes to show how much work engine mounts do and if you have any of these issues, change your engine mounts and MAKE SURE THEY'RE GENUINE.

Included is a pic of the difference with Transgold engine mounts compared to the genuine (the genuine is the one to the right)

Perhaps people have a different story...or maybe the mounts I bought were a manufacturer's defect. Whatever the case...the genuine ones fixed the problem.
MakeMeaSammich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2023, 11:38 AM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Ford Ba/BF Transgold Engine Mounts Vs Genuine: Transgold are garbage

Points two and three need more fleshing out, it’s veering towards “Lily the Pink” territory.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-02-2023, 11:48 AM   #3
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Ba/BF Transgold Engine Mounts Vs Genuine: Transgold are garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Points two and three need more fleshing out, it’s veering towards “Lily the Pink” territory.
You think medicinal compound would fix this, CB?
Moondust silver
2016 Focus Trend, 1.5ecoboost, 6sp manual.
Frozen white

Previous
2004 Berlina Wagon (LS1) Vespers Blue
1995 Camry 2.2, white
1971 Ford Fairmont wagon 302w, C4 Polar white
1971 TC Cortina, 2L 4sp, Ermine white
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2023, 12:08 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Well, it apparently worked for Brother Tony!

So they gave him
Genuine motor mounts
Now his’ the smoothest car on wheels
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: